Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    The HTC ad with the song that has a refrain that goes "I love fast cars" - doesnt that sound just like the "Don't play my game" bit in The Prodigy's 'Firestarter'?
  • bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Strawberry, vanilla, strawberry, vanilla... It's strawberilla! We get to eat both!" - You can have both anyway, no one's stopping you. Stupid kids.
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Winner Bingo, where beardy guy looks like he's having an orgasm playing bongos in his Daisy Dukes. Get lost!

And the multi-coloured sleeves as well? That's an outfit Julian Clary would reject
    as "far too flamboyant". :confused:
    Forum Member
    Double Post.
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Yes, the Galaxy Moon River advert. Gives me the creeps, and her eyebrows are overdone...
    Seems that up to the last shot of her in the car, they CGI's Audrey Hepburn's face on to the actress playing her double frame by frame from various film clips of her in real life. It's the last shot of her looking down that isn't right with the too-heavy eyebrows. They obviously couldn't find a clip of her doing that so it's the actual double and doesn't really look like her.
  • gasheadgashead Posts: 13,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Haribo ads, with adults lip-sync'd to kids voices. I probably wouldn't mind so much if they actually sounded like cute kids voices, but they don't. They sound like they're done by adults speaking how kids sound to them. Uurghh, too creepy.
  • coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gashead wrote: »
    The Haribo ads, with adults lip-sync'd to kids voices. I probably wouldn't mind so much if they actually sounded like cute kids voices, but they don't. They sound like they're done by adults speaking how kids sound to them. Uurghh, too creepy.

I'm riled these are back on. The board meeting one, where the grizzled old goat holds up the jellies and squawks they look like a "saaamwidge" to his parrot-faced cronies, I could scream.
    Dear God.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never usually want to smash heads through windows but that bloke from Winner Bingo ads and his irritating patter and bongos and bagels.

Of course Vicky the Owl is the only sensible thing about it. But the whole bingo advert explosion really annoys me. If it's not begging adverts it's bingo adverts.

Country in total debt = let's get every man and his dog signed up to bingo and lose even more! :o

F**k off!
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must mention best advert at the moment tho' : Sly Stallone and Warburtons by a MILE.

It will never get old.
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Must mention best advert at the moment tho' : Sly Stallone and Warburtons by a MILE.

It will never get old.

Hate it! Why have an ugly old American advertising a very British product? He can't act to save his life, either. >:(
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,855
    Forum Member
    It's an ad for a breakdown recovery - Green Flag maybe - where the guy can't be late or the girl will sing about it on YouTube. It sets my teeth on edge; it disappeared for ages, but now it's back >:(
  • Debb1eDebb1e Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    The absolute worst advert EVER is the one for Premier Inns where it has Lennie Henry (or whoever it is) asleep in the street and snoring loudly and annoyingly. :o:o

I have to mute the TV before I throw something at it. Dreadful sound.
  • yviebabeyviebabe Posts: 6,050
    Forum Member
    sam_gee wrote: »
    It's an ad for a breakdown recovery - Green Flag maybe - where the guy can't be late or the girl will sing about it on YouTube. It sets my teeth on edge; it disappeared for ages, but now it's back >:(

Oh yes I absolutely HATE that ad!!
    Forum Member

Isn't the girl in that ad Bob Hoskins' daughter, Rosa?
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's the Nivea ad, where the girlfriend asks, you must have been 12 when you had him, obviously an American add dubbed into English but the lips aren't quite in sync.
  • TRT1968TRT1968 Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Charlie Dimmock advertising some Gromore stuff. Ok, the ad itself isn't bad, but SHE'S WEARING A BRA! Was the best thing about Ground Force that was. She gets GroMore and a Tommy gets some tool shop.
  • Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ad where the creepy mother smirks as her son is practicing applying shaving foam.

Why is she there? Is not like she can give him advice or help him.
    What next, pervy dad spying on daughter and her first training bra?
  • coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ad where the creepy mother smirks as her son is practicing applying shaving foam.

Why is she there? Is not like she can give him advice or help him.
    What next, pervy dad spying on daughter and her first training bra?

Lol! It's for Yorkshire Building Society and is seriously annoying, what with everyone peering round doors. As soon as the drumming starts my blood pressure rises.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's an ad for a breakdown recovery - Green Flag maybe - where the guy can't be late or the girl will sing about it on YouTube.

The one where she sings about his "piggy eyes"? I always sing along to that. :blush:
  • NorwoodCemeteryNorwoodCemetery Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Azerbaijan tourism ad that plays excessively on British Eurosport. That tune drives me insane.
  • rubble2rubble2 Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    I hate the ad that features two 'Hip young things' dancing around whilst they paint their garden shed.
  • yviebabeyviebabe Posts: 6,050
    Forum Member
    rubble2 wrote: »
    I hate the ad that features two 'Hip young things' dancing around whilst they paint their garden shed.

Yes, where the make stupid faces at each other. Drives me potty!
  • albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lenny Henry snoring. Who thought that was a good idea? "Come to our hotel and you'll have some bloke next door snoring his head off". And snoring isn't the sign of a healthy night's sleep anyway!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    The ad where the fella on the train falls off the toilet with the doors open in front of two women and then a bloke asks where he can park his bike. It's just childish vulgarity. Why don't you advertising agencies just grow up.
  • cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ad where the fella on the train falls off the toilet with the doors open in front of two women and then a bloke asks where he can park his bike. It's just childish vulgarity. Why don't you advertising agencies just grow up.

Irn Bru. And I completely agree with you, it's foul.
This discussion has been closed.