Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The postcode lottery with the woman saying is great because it means normal people can win.

I play the real lottery and haven't had much success. can only certain types win that?
    I'm concerned now. I figured you paid and then it was pot luck as to whether you won or not but if they are screening people because they want a certain type of person to win then I need to know.
    And how are they screening? If you buy your ticket from some shops you can't win say co-op but if you buy from elsewhere, say waitrose, then you have a real chance?

I'm so confused now by her comments
  • Options
    MK184MK184 Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    macavity77 wrote: »
    Money Supermarket with the bloke in high heels. Weird and creepy.

Really cannot abide this one! It may have been out for a while but I still find it as irritating as ever; I usually laugh at anything but just find it so childish and annoying; Sharon Osbourne making an appearance at the end doesn't help proceedings!
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new Bank of Scotland ad - it was OK at first .... but seen it on STV in 3 ad breaks (seems like a constant plug) annoying now

Vision Express with Trevor McDonald - I thought it was an ad for ITV News :o
  • Options
    Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate the "Skittlepox" advert.

It makes me feel physically sick. I really find it revolting.
  • Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not only that but they're using the theme music to Enter The Dragon a Chinese film that took place in Hong Kong, yet all the imagery and dialogue signifies Japan. Er, hello Mr.Lazy-Soundmixer, they're two entirely different countries. But oh, if 'they all look alike' it's alright to use it and no-one will notice, eh?

have to agree, this advert is nonsensical WTF is carphone warehouse trying to sell to us?? and leigh francis with his stupid bloody put on accent and english grammar.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    The 3 advert with the purple muppet - WTF?
    At least they used the original version of a song though :D
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    Vision Express with Trevor McDonald - I thought it was an ad for ITV News :o

Yes, there's something a bit tasteless and tacky about this advert. Trevor McD reminiscing about all sorts of horrible shit so that you know he's got the credibility to flog you some glasses, or something like that.

I knew when I saw it the first time it was going to be advertising something, but I was still reasonably flabberghasted when I found it was spectacles.
  • Options
    Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 26,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That face cream advert where the vox pop says "this whole area is much improved" and motions her hands around her face. There's a word for that area, it's "face" if you mean your face feels nice then say that, there is no need to call it "this whole area" we all know what a face is.
  • Options
    Lolly_Du_BekeLolly_Du_Beke Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anya D wrote: »

I came here to say the same. Disgusting.
  • Options
    yviebabeyviebabe Posts: 6,050
    Forum Member
    The Bosch advert for some new fangled electronic measuring device. Of course it features a smug female measuring up in preparation to build something from scratch, while some hapless male is almost severing a finger with an old metal self retracting tape measure. Grrrr!!!
  • Options
    5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The run of Facebook adverts on at the moment.

We already know that busy people with lives don't have time to use Facebook, but these adverts try to make the gullible believe otherwise.
  • Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The advert with the guitar playing/singing woman about needing a make over. Sure she looks down and mentions being untidy down there as a picture of a cat flashes up on screen..... :blush:

Totally cringeworthy.
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    solarflare wrote: »
    Yes, there's something a bit tasteless and tacky about this advert. Trevor McD reminiscing about all sorts of horrible shit so that you know he's got the credibility to flog you some glasses, or something like that.

I knew when I saw it the first time it was going to be advertising something, but I was still reasonably flabberghasted when I found it was spectacles.

I was a bit taken back when you seen the old clips from News at Ten - have not seen the ad anywhere else -- so I will guess ITV News aka ITN News gets a plug in the ad too :o

I think they were trying to take seeing things differently (Vision Express) but thought to see it through a journalist eyes but your guess is as good as mine why and the idea for it!
  • Options
    Jaly77Jaly77 Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    yviebabe wrote: »
    The Bosch advert for some new fangled electronic measuring device. Of course it features a smug female measuring up in preparation to build something from scratch, while some hapless male is almost severing a finger with an old metal self retracting tape measure. Grrrr!!!

Yep, and then you get feminists applauding an advert like that >:(
  • Options
    LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Malliday wrote: »
    Lenny Henry is still snoring!

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

It's such a horrific sound. Why are they doing it to us?

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
    Tell me about it >:(>:(
    I have to press mute every time the warthog comes on the screen
  • Options
    johnanjohnan Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Malliday wrote: »
    Lenny Henry is still snoring!

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

It's such a horrific sound. Why are they doing it to us?

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

How to get a knighthood: Find a railway station, a bed, go to sleep and snore like a pig.

RADA has a lot to answer for.

Some of these ads are so ill conceived it is laughable. Snoring that loud would be heard in all the rooms next to the one he was in, if he was in a hotel.
  • Options
    sickparrotsickparrot Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    5hane wrote: »
    The run of Facebook adverts on at the moment.

We already know that busy people with lives don't have time to use Facebook, but these adverts try to make the gullible believe otherwise.

But, but ..but Facebook brings people together to go out and do happy things and frolic and caper in sunny places!

(no it doesn't)
  • Options
    best boybest boy Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johnan wrote: »
    How to get a knighthood: Find a railway station, a bed, go to sleep and snore like a pig.

Don't forget crawling out of the woodwork once a year to appear in the totally-unfunny 'Comic Relief'.
  • Options
    seventhwaveseventhwave Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anya D wrote: »

I've just seen that one and it made me want to puke :o
  • Options
    Futurama-FanFuturama-Fan Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jaly77 wrote: »
    Yep, and then you get feminists applauding an advert like that >:(

Heres an example for you (OK it's in relation to a promotional educational video rather than an advert but it close enough).

Was watching Newsnights a couple of nights ago and they were talking about the European Space Agency and its Rosetta mission.

First off its helpful to know that Rosetta is the satelite that was sent out to space to be located over a comet and then Rosetta would release a lander module to take photos and measurements from the comet. The name give to the lander module is Philae.

Now the ESA made a series of short videos for youtube that were designed to get children interested in the mission and science in general.

Now in the 'Once Upon a Time' story like videos the Rosetta Satelite is cast as the mother and Philae is cast as the son. More or less the story goes that Mother Rosetta is taking her son to any exciting adverture park (in this case a comet).

Now back to Newsnight. The whole section was on what next for the Rosetta mission, but due to the dumb-down nature of the current newsnight it wants to start slowly so it trys to be lighthearted and Kirsty Wark throws out an easy question about why the Youtube videos have been so popular. The male scientist (via a videolink) goes on about how its an easy to understand story be you 5 or 105.

Then Kirsty turns to the female scientist (who is in the studio) with the same question, here is (well paraphrasing) what the female scientist came out with (remember this is a lighthearted icebreaker type question before Kirsty starts getting into the subject seriously):-

Well if the European Space Agency wanted to be radical it wouldn't have made that cartoon. Why are they so sexist. Why is the Rosetta Satelite the mother and the Philea Lander the son. This is what little girls hear all their lifes. Mother and Girls care whilst the boys get to go off and have advertures and discover thing. They should have made Philea a girl!

At this point even Kirst Wark looks a bit P***ed Off and just turns away from the female scientist and goes, "Well that aside" and then goes on to ask the Male Scientist some proper questions about the Rosetta mission. Although I don't know what they were because I turned over before the female scientist could try and shoehorn in her sociological beliefs into a news interview about a scientific project.

Yet when the shoe is kind of on the other foot all hell breaks loose. I remember a year or so ago the ESA had achieved something and live on TV they interviewed one of the male ESA scientists who happened to be wearing a manga comic style shirt which had a semi-naked cartoon women as part of the manga design. Within 2 days that ESA employee had to go on a Live broadcast and public apoligise for 'wearing a shirt'. It would laughable if it wasn't so pathetic.

Don't get me wrong Equality is a good thing when we bring everyone to the top level. Feminism is all wrong as it designed to bring men down to a level equal to women, or some of the more vocal militant ones would like to see men treated worst than women.
  • Options
    yviebabeyviebabe Posts: 6,050
    Forum Member
    I always correct my grandkids when they pronounce something with a glottal stop. Then you get the Simply Be advert, with the drony female 'singing', full of glottal stops!!! Argh!!!
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    The 3 advert with the purple muppet - WTF?
    At least they used the original version of a song though :D

He looks like Animal's much less wild cousin!.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,552
    Forum Member
    The Tango ad. The bloody Tango ad >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haribo!! It's even more annoying than the Harry potter world ad with adults speaking with kids voices and I wouldn't hwve thought that was possible! Ye gods just thinking about it is giving me heartburn (just like haribo do).
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Not only that but they're using the theme music to Enter The Dragon a Chinese film that took place in Hong Kong, yet all the imagery and dialogue signifies Japan. Er, hello Mr.Lazy-Soundmixer, they're two entirely different countries. But oh, if 'they all look alike' it's alright to use it and no-one will notice, eh?

Yeah. It's like using Italian music in an ad for Spain, coz' "they both look alike" >:( .
This discussion has been closed.