Cheryl should be made to apologise to Wagner

ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
Forum Member
I am not a supporter of Wagner as a performer, but Cheryl's comments last night were out-of-order, and it's time the producers took her to task for it. She's been spiralling out of control this series, imagining it is all about her, and therefore the place to air her dirty laundry and promote her tacky music. She should be made to retract what she said on Sunday and apologise to a contestant, live-on-air.

On last night's Xtra Factor a caller challenged Cheryl about her Saturday night outburst towards Wagner, where she had refused to judge his performance and instead commented on a press story about Cheryl's council estate background. Wagner had explained live-on-air that he had been selectively misquoted by an undercover reporter, and said his full comment had actually complimented her. It was THE way to deal with the spiteful madam, who could only attempt to smile graciously at his words, while being made to look an absolute fool.

But then she claimed last night that she knows what he really said to the reporter, and that it wasn't nice. How can she? Unless she has a tape recording to prove it, it can only be malicious hearsay behind-the-scenes, and there seems to be a few fellow contestants more than happy to stick the knife in, by whatever means. She should have given him the benefit of the doubt and buried the hatchet. To not do so, when she is going to be called upon to judge his performances in future, is unprofessional.

What she said last night implied that he had been lying the night before. That's a serious allegation to make in front of a large TV audience, especially when he was not there that time to defend himself. If I was him I'd be livid.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    I find it hard to believe that the producers didnt know, cheryl is very scripted in the show, it just happened to backfire because of Wagner response. When Dannii spoke about Danyl sexuality that was not scripted hence the reaction by Simon, but on saturday simon just gave a little shocked look.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think wagner should apologise to cheryl, his comments were bang out of order!
  • ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    scar123 wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe that the producers didnt know, cheryl is very scripted in the show, it just happened to backfire because of Wagner response. When Dannii spoke about Danyl sexuality that was not scripted hence the reaction by Simon, but on saturday simon just gave a little shocked look.

It may well be so, but that doesn't change the situation of his response being labelled a lie the following night on the Xtra Factor, at a time when he wasn't there to defend himself.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was aghast at the spiteful little madam to be honest.

Princess Cheryl wanted to take poor old Wagner down did she?

Him getting through and Cher being in the sing-off was priceless, only wish Cher had gone - that would have been hilarious!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    It was a pretty disgraceful example to set to all her young fans.

She should do the decent thing and make amends.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She should. She had a small chance on Xtra Factor but she didn't really regret what she said.
  • CorkonionCorkonion Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cheryl is paid to be a mentor and a judge, she has previously told the public not to believe everything that is written about her in the press and yet she thinks it is ok to use a tv show to start an argument with one of the contestants.............this girl has lost the plot and should go back to doing what she was good at.................... and I dont mean beating up bitches in nightclub loos
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Whatever Wagner actually said, sometimes confronting your accuser head-on simply makes you look daft. If Cheryl had any more than two brain cells orbiting one another then she'd have realised there was more kudos to be gained by maintaining a dignified silence. Unfortunately she couldn't stop herself and lowered peoples opinion of her in the process.
  • JaggedcatJaggedcat Posts: 3,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merrt wrote:

loved Cheryl and his staged response.
  • trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she's got nothing construction to say about the devine one she should keep her geordie gob shut:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Merrt wrote:

Why were they?(thats if he did say them)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    She should apologise to him. She is in a position of power and has control over his situation and she abused her position and that makes her a bully. I wouldn't want my kid playing with a kid that was like her. :mad:

"With great power comes great responsibility"

"Bullying is achieved by projecting inadequacy onto others through control and subjugation (criticism, exclusion, isolation etc). Bullying is sustained by abdication of responsibility (denial, counter-accusation, pretence of victimhood) and perpetuated by a climate of fear, ignorance, indifference, silence, denial, disbelief, deception, evasion of accountability, tolerance and reward (eg promotion) for the bully." Tim Field, 1999
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,588
    Forum Member
    Coming from a council estate just means that people don't start with material advantage. my cousin out-earns me and he was the one from a council house. we both had a supportive family and he has done well. my best man was from the council estate and he has done well for himself too. being from social housing is just about available resources, not about ability or even educational opportunity. for Cheryl to take such umbrage about her roots and strike back at an older bloke with none of her assets is ungracious. I don't know which estate she came from, but I know a guy who lived in rough NE estates including Byker in Newcastle and he turned out a top bloke.
    perhaps you can take the girl out of the chavs, but not the chav out of the girl...

graceless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl just showed herself up. She is one for saying don't believe the press, apparently unless it gives her an opportunity to make it all about her, and play the victim!
    Much as I don't like Wagner, it was a crass attempt from Cheryl to have a me, me , me moment, to discredit another contestant and to get more public sympathy with a look at me being harrassed by this strange man! She was there to judge his performance, not bring up a personal issue. I had not even heard bout that story, and frankly don't care.
    She only proved that she has no class, no dignity. All she was interested in was seeing to it that Wagner grovelled before her. She looked so smug when Wager called her pretty! She really is just a self serving, self involved, self obsessed madam.
  • johnythefoxjohnythefox Posts: 1,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is, unfortunately, she'll not lose any support over this. Think about who her fans might be and the demographic she appeals to. Her chav victim-complex fans will be there holding her torch even higher.
  • Mr_X_123Mr_X_123 Posts: 1,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only person here who has possibly done anything wrong is Wagner.

Cheryl was bang within her rights to challenge him on it.

Wagner may or may not have been misquoted. But the comments were attributed to him,
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_X_123 wrote: »

Wagner may or may not have been misquoted. But the comments were attributed to him,

And Cheryl is the 'superstar' and should know better than most that you shouldn't believe what you read in the papers.

The stroppy little madam used her postition of authority (as a mentor) to make Wagner look bad. I am so glad it backfired on her... she is a mucky little cow I must say!!

Any last shred of slight ambivelance I had towards her character disappeared with those antics on Saturday night! She is a nasty little cow...
  • Love BearLove Bear Posts: 35,754
    Forum Member
    I really wanted Wags to ask her if she'd done any loo attendants over lately.

I'm not liking her at all this series, she's gone too far up her own backside. If what Wagner said was true I have to say I fully agree with it - she is bloody lucky. Aside from being very pretty and a reasonably good dancer I don't see much in the way of glittering talent at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How about as part of her penance, Cheryl should be made to nosh Wagner off in public?
  • johnythefoxjohnythefox Posts: 1,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, you are absolutely right.

BUT not on live TV in front of millions of viewers. The sad vindictive little woman should be living up to her nations princess tag and keeping a dignified silence.

If she had any dicernable talent, she may be excused for these little 'erm mistakes, wrong maybe, but sometimes we just forgive talented people ..but to those who don't buy into the hype we she's just a talentless waste of space. and Wagner was right..she is a very, very lucky lady to be where she is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes she should definitely apologise right after WAGNERS FIGHT FOR THIS LOVE/PROMISE THIS MASH UP.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,588
    Forum Member
    trunkster wrote: »
    How about as part of her penance, Cheryl should be made to nosh Wagner off in public?

or perhaps make his career with a Paris Hilton style video?

perhaps they could call it "Lord of the Ring"...
  • Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was probably asked to do it to get more votes for Wagner and more publicity for the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    I don't think it was an ideal situation to confront Wagner about what he said live on air, but I do think she had a right to ask him about the comments. I don't think it fazed him in the slightest either. But Cheryl didn't have to go any further on Xtra Factor when that caller brought it up.

Just thinking about it - if she is so bitter about comments, why didn't she confront Louis on air after some of the things he said about her this year?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Silly bint should keep her gob shut in future.

Whatever Wagner said, and whether he meant it or not, she could have spoken to him backstage, or during the week, and sorted things out. Instead she tries to belittle him by mugging him off on live television.

Silly c**t ended up looking like a right tit herself though.

Nation's sweetheart? Pull the other one. Over-rated, over-hyped lovechild of the media.