Options

Got rylan all wrong

1235»

Comments

• Options
    GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,815
    Forum Member
    He is an odious cretin.. Bewildered that anyone would support him.

As you dislike him so much I'm bewildered why you bother to keep on posting on Rylan threads. Seems a bit pointless to me as you only need to tell posters once that you don't like him. I'm sure we all get the message.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gillypoots wrote: »
    As you dislike him so much I'm bewildered why you bother to keep on posting on Rylan threads. Seems a bit pointless to me as you only need to tell posters once that you don't like him. I'm sure we all get the message.:rolleyes:

No, it's better to drum it into our heads as I'm sure us Rylan fans haven't the understanding to take it in first time LOL!

;):)
  • Options
    JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So if he isn't the most genuine HM why is it always mentioned?

Rylan doesn't strike me as a horrible person but doesn't stand out to me as an unusually nice and genuine one either (as you mentioned previously Rachel Rice certainly was).

To me Rylan talking about Paula behind her back and then being nice to her doesn't suggest someone being unusually genuine and nice. Yes, some of the others are doing the same (as would I, Paula is a bit of a nightmare) but they're not being singled out for special praise like Rylan is.

I think at least in part this is down to the xfactor propaganda machine.

I didn't watch X Factor. We obviously have different views because I didn't actually think Rachel Rice was an unusually nice and genuine person. I don't know why I like Rylan so much on this show - he just makes me laugh and yes, he has been a bit two faced but when Paula needed comfort he showed himself to be very kind and caring and I liked that about him.
  • Options
    too_much_coffeetoo_much_coffee Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rylan knows how to gossip in the right way but he's got such a kind heart that when he's with a person he would never be overtly awful to them (unless he's being outwardly attacked). He's a well brought up guy who would never do anything disrespectful - as he must know his Mum's watching!

^^^^^^^^

Similar in many respects to Julian Clary.

I had no opinion on him before CBB as I don't watch X Factor, barely knew who he was other that seeing a few pics in the papers, and knew nothing of his personality. Initially I found him to be a bit irritating but with some amusement value. I, too, have now changed my mind and think that he's coming across as a very genuine and empathetic young man - probably not that high on the academic intelligence scale but way up on emotional intelligence. Of course, CBB can always change opinions in a flash when HMs do something that we don't like, but currently I'm agreeably surprised by his personality (as the one thing that I had heard was that he was a friend of Katie Price :eek::eek: )
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^^^^^^

Similar in many respects to Julian Clary.

I had no opinion on him before CBB as I don't watch X Factor, barely knew who he was other that seeing a few pics in the papers, and knew nothing of his personality. Initially I found him to be a bit irritating but with some amusement value. I, too, have now changed my mind and think that he's coming across as a very genuine and empathetic young man - probably not that high on the academic intelligence scale but way up on emotional intelligence. Of course, CBB can always change opinions in a flash when HMs do something that we don't like, but currently I'm agreeably surprised by his personality (as the one thing that I had heard was that he was a friend of Katie Price :eek::eek: )

Did I write this using your name too_much_coffee?:eek::eek:
  • Options
    CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good stuff. But no doubt those who dislike him still will say he was playing it for the cameras.:rolleyes:

I dislike him and don't think he is playing it for the cameras. When he is just chilled and "being" he is OK - its all the OTT Essex acting stupid stuff that irritates me.
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saskia44 wrote: »
    He does. The others are known in a particular field, even the page 3 models. What is Rylan known for other than taking part in a reality show for which he had no particular talent and didn't win. Oh I forgot - he is also friends with Katie Price.

He is of the same ilk as Ms Price only she is well established, has plenty of money even if she never works again and can afford to be herself. Rylan, on the other hand, has a lot to prove and is in no position to take any thing for granted.

I am not saying there isn't a nice side to him, but there is also a bitchy one, same as many people. My point being, that he has nothing 'extra' to offer than many other people, he doesn't stand out. Being nice enough is no reason to win a tv show and expect to be given presenter jobs.

He can also be extremely irritating.

It never ceases to amaze me how some people jump on the bandwagon of liking someone on a reality tv show because everyone else seems to like him, and constantly singing their praises as if they have done something wonderful deserving of winning a noble peace prize or something or acting as if they know him personally and can personally vouche for him. The word sheep comes to mind
    Again just because you're a bigger celebrity means absolutely nothing. Sure some people do actually vote according to this which is usually why I prefer the normal version; so that people aren't biased before the show starts. For example; if Martin Kemp was a non-celeb, he would have no way got to 3rd place for saying and doing nothing all series. It still doesn't mean that they don't have as much to prove.

He's also been on SBKP, he doesn't just "know" her. People have had the chance to see his personality before and I'd say he's one of the biggest celebs in there at this moment in time. As he said; everybody has been chatting about him for the past few months, he's been a real hit with the media. He most definitely doesn't take anything for granted either, he's unbelievably grateful for all the opportunities he's been given.

I think he is genuinely lovely, but the reason I'm supporting him is because of how hilarious he is without even realising it. He gets the balance just right imo, I wouldn't say he's been bitchy but he's had a gossip like I'd imagine anybody who isn't playing the game would.

& Lastly, I seriously hope you're not insinuating that I've jumped on the Rylan bandwagon. I was his his VERY first supporter on here during XFactor and I've done unreal amounts of defending of him...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saskia44 wrote: »
    It could be, but in many cases it obviously isn't.

It stands to reason that most people don't know the real him, only what they see briefly on tv and what they read in magazines.

From that many have raved about him akin to him being the second coming or something. It actually becomes embarrassing at times.

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sue_Rourke wrote: »
    He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

:D

LOL!

Good old MP :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    LOL!

Good old MP :)

That's given me an idea! They should do a Holy Grail style eviction:

'Welease Wylan!'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sue_Rourke wrote: »
    That's given me an idea! They should do a Holy Grail style eviction:

'Welease Wylan!'

Strike him Centurian very wuffly :)
  • Options
    od hominemod hominem Posts: 8,593
    Forum Member
    Janette800 wrote: »
    I think Rylan is a sincere and lovely guy...I hope he does well[

But preferably not on the telly.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    & Lastly, I seriously hope you're not insinuating that I've jumped on the Rylan bandwagon. I was his his VERY first supporter on here during XFactor and I've done unreal amounts of defending of him...

I can vouch for that Stacey, I saw many a comment from you on the X Factor forums in full support of Rylan from the start.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can vouch for that Stacey, I saw many a comment from you on the X Factor forums in full support of Rylan from the start.

I can second that :)
  • Options
    whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    I think a testament to Rylan is that on the XF, even if better singers were leaving, everybody was delighted for him to get through each week on the principle that he was such a good guy. Nobody can put an act on for 8 weeks!

Even Gary Barlow said he was a lovely guy, live on air!

I thought it was lovely and just what Paula needed at the time, she needed a quiet word of support.
  • Options
    whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member

I can third that, ive been around the XF forums trying to defend Rylan too, and your willpower with some of the horrible people around there has been brilliant!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did I write this using your name too_much_coffee?:eek::eek:

Are we writing telepathic posts?? :):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are we writing telepathic posts?? :):)

We sent you subliminal messages Coffee LOL!

:):)
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can second that :)
    I can third that, ive been around the XF forums trying to defend Rylan too, and your willpower with some of the horrible people around there has been brilliant!
    <3...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We sent you subliminal messages Coffee LOL!

:):)

Next time please also send chocolate... :):):)

Lindt with Chilli is favourite :p:p:p:p