BBC 3/BBC 4 keep going off?

SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
Forum Member
When I try to tune in to these stations tonight they stay on for just a few seconds and then just go off.? The off air message appears stating the usual ' If you can see the TV picture etc and BBC 3 is on air from 7pm daily etc.

This has happened before a while ago. All other channels remain unaffected. Anyone have a clue what's going on - or off in this case!

Comments

• EEPhilEEPhil Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    Stegan wrote: »
    When I try to tune in to these stations tonight they stay on for just a few seconds and then just go off.? The off air message appears stating the usual ' If you can see the TV picture etc and BBC 3 is on air from 7pm daily etc.

This has happened before a while ago. All other channels remain unaffected. Anyone have a clue what's going on - or off in this case!

To get an informed reply you might need to supply a bit more information.
    - Transmitter you're getting BBC3/4 from - or rough location.
    - Type of equipment. TV or PVR.
    - Whether if you have a PVR and record the channel, the recording is successful.
    - Whether you can try any other equipment at a nearby location. (Another TV in the same house or a neighbour's).

I have had problems in the past where I put a BBC channel on and after a few seconds it magically retuned to another BBC channel. (BBC News and BBC Parliament or vice versa). The only permanent solution I could find was to retune my PVR (completely delete all channels and retune). A temporary solution with a PVR is press pause, wait a few seconds and resume watching with a delay. I think it may have been a problem with my PVR getting confused when the "press red" information loaded.
    Unless, of course, somebody knows different...
  • AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    The first thing I'd try is switching the receiver off at the wall for a few seconds. This will clear the RAM where the MHEG data is stored.