Options

"My kids have both parents around"

Comments

• Options
    summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    There were comments flying about Nadia being like a mum...KH then said "If he was my child I'd lock him in a room" or words very much to that effect. Now to that point she was referring to him as her child, his retort was then that "If I was your child, I'd kill myself" He did not at any point say "If I was one of your children" that is completely different.

Our standards of acceptable behaviour are obviously different, in MY world bringing suicide into any scenario regards someones kids if out of line!!
  • Options
    summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Desy Boy wrote: »
    I don't know if it was homophobic but it was definitely a family values dig. But that's what I don't understand. KH has what 3 kids by 2 fathers, both of whom she knowingly had affairs with whilst they were married with children. Fair do's, to each their own. Reportedly the father of the first two don't see their father who appears to have abandoned them (I got that from an old article so things may have changed since). She's left at least two broken marriages in her wake, again it is what it is.

But for her to appear to lord it over Perez, who, horrific father he probably is, at least has provided some level of structural stability in the parental family relationships he has made. Hopkins is all over the place with hers. Like a posh version of the Jeremy Kyle Show.

I just marvel at the balls of her to come up with such hogwash consistently and the vacant nature of people to accept it without saying "hey,HEY! You got some nerve lady because that's bullshit!!". Or something like that.

This woman has no qualms about saying that she would prevent her children playing with a child with a chavvy names because that indicates that their parents are 'the wrong sort', yet she has no consideration as to who other parents might feel about their kids playing with the child of a woman who evidently has no respect for the concept of any family except her own?

I just wonder how many gaze at their newborn baby daughter lying in her cradle and hope she grows up to be a single parent!! These things happen but don't lets pretend its the ideal we should aim for!! A happy home with two parents is surely what we should at least strive for.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hisdogspot wrote: »
    She married two men that she had affairs with

In both cases those men left their families ... and their children were left with only one parent around

She also had a third affair with a man she did not go on to marry but who's own marriage consequently ended ... the children, again, left with only one parent around

Hopkins was fine with all those children having only one parent around as a consequence of her actions

It's not her 'affairs' that's in question here ... it is her hypocrisy when slating single parent families ... she created three of them herself for God's sake !

That's the man's fault. He made the wedding vows to spend the rest of his life with the wife. When I made my vows I meant them, no other woman could tempt me.
  • Options
    greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seellee wrote: »
    Lots of abuse towards Hopkins on here. Are none of you going to pick up what Perez said to her first. Or are you fine with that. Selective outrage if you ask me!

Neither is Fine but do you think Katie should have brought the subject on Chidren up first
  • Options
    BettyFinnBettyFinn Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    that comment is not only homophobic

imagine if Perez was a widower, Katie Hopkins 150% would have been removed from the house
  • Options
    Alfie JackAlfie Jack Posts: 1,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BettyFinn wrote: »
    that comment is not only homophobic

imagine if Perez was a widower, Katie Hopkins 150% would have been removed from the house

Rubbish.
  • Options
    BettyFinnBettyFinn Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Rubbish.

why are you calling me "Rubbish"?
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just wonder how many gaze at their newborn baby daughter lying in her cradle and hope she grows up to be a single parent!! These things happen but don't lets pretend its the ideal we should aim for!! A happy home with two parents is surely what we should at least strive for.

OMG, I would hope any parent looking into their childs cot would wish for them to have, firstly a healthy and a happy fullfilled life and not trouble themselves about their parental or marital status in adult life.

Moreover, I know plenty of well adjusted children and adults of single parent families that have grown up just splendidly.:)
  • Options
    calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    It's a fair point - he's a single parent by choice not circumstance.
    its not fair at all, if hes a good father and the baby is well cared for what difference does it make.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BettyFinn wrote: »
    why are you calling me "Rubbish"?

I was referring to your comment, not yourself.
  • Options
    dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the man's fault. He made the wedding vows to spend the rest of his life with the wife. When I made my vows I meant them, no other woman could tempt me.

To be instrumental in breaking up one marriage could be called a case of falling in love with the wrong person at the wrong time. Being instrumental in the break up of two marriages could be called a pattern of very bad choices. Being instrumental in the break up of three marriages and you're verging into the realm of deliberate malice.

Do you think it was mere coincidence she chose to have affairs with three men who were married rather than available?
  • Options
    calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be instrumental in breaking up one marriage could be called a case of falling in love with the wrong person at the wrong time. Being instrumental in the break up of two marriages could be called a pattern of very bad choices. Being instrumental in the break up of three marriages and you're verging into the realm of deliberate malice.

Do you think it was mere coincidence she chose to have affairs with three men who were married rather than available?[/QUOTE Its all a control thing with Hopkins, I dont even think she wanted these men it was more to see if she could tempt them away... now that she has kids herself shes discovered Little Hearts that can be broken... "her words" pity she didnt notice the hearts her and the failiing dads were breaking... one girl has anorexia since her father left for this woman..
  • Options
    Scamps8Scamps8 Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yera wrote: »
    What he said about if he was her child he'd commit suicide was far more offensive

I totally agree. She was just pointing out fact, that her kids have two parents. Perez was obnoxious saying if I was your kid, I would kill myself. The two are not comparable.

If she wanted to be nasty she would have said, well at least I didn't Have to buy my kid :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scamps8 wrote: »
    I totally agree. She was just pointing out fact, that her kids have two parents. Perez was obnoxious saying if I was your kid, I would kill myself. The two are not comparable.

If she wanted to be nasty she would have said, well at least I didn't Have to buy my kid :o

She didn't say it but you did. Oh and I'll put:o this here too. Shock value and all that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calamity wrote: »
    Its all a control thing with Hopkins, I dont even think she wanted these men it was more to see if she could tempt them away... now that she has kids herself shes discovered Little Hearts that can be broken... "her words" pity she didnt notice the hearts her and the failiing dads were breaking... one girl has anorexia since her father left for this woman..

As Chris Isaak so eloquently sang, it's a wicked game she plays. She gets off on it. There's a self loathing in her that's quite apparant, behind the pantomime act she puts on.

Nobody who's happy within themselves would feel the need to wallow in schadenfreude or derive such pleasure from preaching intolerance to the extent she does.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As Chris Isaak so elequently sang, it's a wicked game she plays. She gets off on it. There's a self loathing in her that's quite apparant, behind the pantomime act she puts on.

Nobody who's happy within themselves would feel the need to wallow in schadenfreude or derive such pleasure from preaching intolerance to the extent she does.

I agree. I've always thought that about her. Pity she couldn't address it, earn a living that doesn't involve needlessly hurting othes and dissappear from the public.
    Happiness for everyone.
  • Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She really is astonishingly vicious.

And look how taken aback her and Cami were when Perez bit back and said "bitch, shut the **** up".

It's obviously ok to mouth off at him, calling him a "t**t", saying he's disgusting, worthless, nothing, a scumbag, an asshole, etc. But as soon as he lays into them, they didn't like it at all.

I know. I was like:o at their reation.. Total idiots.

AMS13 wrote: »
    She said her kids had a mother, father, brothers and sister who loved them. FACT. Not an attack on single parents. With anger management, I have not heard her having to rant with swear words. Perez did it to Jeremy, then Ken, then Alex. Perez even called Will.I.Am exactly what he accused Alex of calling him, and Perez swung it around to say Alex was homophobic, despite the fact that Alex got on well with Kav. For somebody who is so glued to the rule book, his anger and swearing are not pleasant viewing. That was well before the girls got seriously fed up with him and his constant demands for attention. So too was saying to Katie about how Michele and Cami-Li fed her. I am not going to use his choice of words. You always lose your argument when you have to resort to personal insults.

Perez has his own Blog and no doubt a team of staff who will keep the phone lines busy. The same with Nadia and the Loose Women team, they did so well for the previous Loose Ladies.

Well that buggers Katie H up then. She's pretty handy with the personal insults. Perez being the brunt of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I've always thought that about her. Pity she couldn't address it, earn a living that doesn't involve needlessly hurting othes and dissappear from the public.
    Happiness for everyone.

But infamy is her oxygen. She thrives on the drama and the outrage - it's like a game of chess for her, only other people are her pawns.

I remember when she was on The Apprentice and she famously turned down Sir Alan Sugar's offer to make the final. She had no interest in securing the job, it was a game to her, a means to an end. She's been desperate for this fame for a long time, so she needs to up the ante more and more to stay relevant. Anyone who believes half the silly guff she comes out with is deluded.

For example, does anyone seriously believe an educated woman like Katie actually believes synthetic formula is better for a baby than natural breast milk? Lol.

Everything she says is designed to provoke, she doesn't have to believe it, she just needs the reaction. When people finally cop on to her game, she'll eventually retreat back to civilian life and go back to stealing other people's husbands for the thrill of it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Katie and Perez were both shocked to the core and extremely upset last night. His comment about committing suicide if he was her child and her's about her children having two parents around were both nasty and uncalled for. They would probably never admit to it but I think they were shaken. I think they went too far in bringing children into the argument and I think the comments are something neither of them will forget. Both as bad as each other.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cruel and hurtful to whom?

Anyone on here who has lost someone to suicide for starters. Was it their fault? No-one is responsible for another person committing suicide.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She said that at least her children had a mother and a father. That is why it is homophobic.

A mother and father is best though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But infamy is her oxygen. She thrives on the drama and the outrage - it's like a game of chess for her, only other people are her pawns.

I remember when she was on The Apprentice and she famously turned down Sir Alan Sugar's offer to make the final. She had no interest in securing the job, it was a game to her, a means to an end. She's been desperate for this fame for a long time, so she needs to up the ante more and more to stay relevant. Anyone who believes half the silly guff she comes out with is deluded.

For example, does anyone seriously believe an educated woman like Katie actually believes synthetic formula is better for a baby than natural breast milk? Lol.

Everything she says is designed to provoke, she doesn't have to believe it, she just needs the reaction. When people finally cop on to her game, she'll eventually retreat back to civilian life and go back to stealing other people's husbands for the thrill of it.

Yes it was, she was on there under false pretences anyhow. Her high flying business acumen is rather, shall we say, exaggerated and I doubt she was qualified to carry out any future plan with him..

Does she ever mention the truth in her Apprentice boasts?

I have no idea.

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/sir-alans-blast-to-disgraced-apprentice-katie-hopkins-youre-unemployable-7265235.html

Sir Alan Sugar told disgraced Apprentice contestant Katie Hopkins she was unemployable on the show, The Apprentice - You're Fired!.

After seeing footage of Katie's back-stabbing on the BBC2 show hosted by Adrian Chiles Sir Alan blasted: "There's no way I could see how anyone could employ someone like that. There's something very sad there."

He added: "If I would have seen that kind of stuff, there's no way in this earth I could employ someone like that."

Obviously the intervening years have seen no growth at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Yes it was, she was on there under false pretences anyhow. Her high flying business acumen is rather, shall we say, exaggerated and I doubt she was qualified to carry out any future plan with him..

Does she ever mention the truth in her Apprentice boasts?

I have no idea.

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/sir-alans-blast-to-disgraced-apprentice-katie-hopkins-youre-unemployable-7265235.html

Obviously the intervening years have seen no growth at all.

So odd then that SHE walked out of the show on the penultimate task and therefore not fired. But for her to get so far in the competition says more about Sugar than it does about her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A mother and father is best though.

Not always true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She said that at least her children had a mother and a father. That is why it is homophobic.

Yes, of course it was, but lets gloss over it or apply some spin.:)

The fact she was so damned smug about it in front of people who have been single parents was revolting.

She really is astonishingly vicious.

And look how taken aback her and Cami were when Perez bit back and said "bitch, shut the **** up".

It's obviously ok to mouth off at him, calling him a "t**t", saying he's disgusting, worthless, nothing, a scumbag, an asshole, etc. But as soon as he lays into them, they didn't like it at all.

They can dish it out but can't take it back, typical of that kind of "honest" dysfunctional personality. I love the way Hopkins was furious that Nadia wouldn't take sides in her own battle. She's admitted before she expects her to behave like his mother and sort him out. Sibling rivalry. ..:D