Options

dating question, would this be fair enough to ask?

mizhogmizhog Posts: 970
Forum Member
✭✭
ive been dating this guy since early jan, he asked me to be his boyfriend at the end of jan. we get along great, havent had full sex yet, its difficult with us both finding alone time we both live at home still. im not using any dating apps anymore as i like him and dont want to cheat. im hoping hes not either. hes pretty busy during the week so tend to see each other once or twice a week...

would i be weird if i told him that im not chatting to anyone else and that i want to ask how he feels our relationship is going so far. i dont want to come off as needy but i dont want to waste my time either. he says he really likes me but after the last year with timewasters i feel a bit jaded...

what do you think ?

Comments

• Options
    JackKlugmanJackKlugman Posts: 5,362
    Forum Member
    mizhog wrote: »
    ive been dating this guy since early jan, he asked me to be his boyfriend at the end of jan. we get along great, havent had full sex yet, its difficult with us both finding alone time we both live at home still. im not using any dating apps anymore as i like him and dont want to cheat. im hoping hes not either. hes pretty busy during the week so tend to see each other once or twice a week...

would i be weird if i told him that im not chatting to anyone else and that i want to ask how he feels our relationship is going so far. i dont want to come off as needy but i dont want to waste my time either. he says he really likes me but after the last year with timewasters i feel a bit jaded...

what do you think ?

Seems fair enough to me. Very reasonable
  • Options
    mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would just tell him you aren't using chat apps anymore, and see what he says, if he's not either then he must like you too.
    I wouldnt have the "where is this going" talk though.
  • Options
    Rae_RooRae_Roo Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrsmoose wrote: »
    I would just tell him you aren't using chat apps anymore, and see what he says, if he's not either then he must like you too.
    I wouldnt have the "where is this going" talk though.

I agree with this, its still early days, I think you could gauge his response if you said you were not using these apps these days.. see how he responds..
  • Options
    mizhogmizhog Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rae_Roo wrote: »
    I agree with this, its still early days, I think you could gauge his response if you said you were not using these apps these days.. see how he responds..

how would i bring it up though
  • Options
    Rae_RooRae_Roo Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mizhog wrote: »
    how would i bring it up though

Hard to say, without knowing them really, and how you speak with one another...

Maybe say someone had been in touch to meet up, but you don't feel right about it, you are enjoying seeming them and want to see were it goes etc, they'll either steer you in one direction or another, probably giving you a good gauge of their interest.