Freddie a bit deluded

Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
Forum Member
✭✭✭
saying to Marcus that he thought Marcus was socially isolated and he wanted to stand up for him and help him out.....Surely it was the other way round? :confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    All the probs with Bea stated over Freddie speaking to her about her argument with Marcus Re the cigarettes.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beepbeep93 wrote: »
    All the probs with Bea stated over Freddie speaking to her about her argument with Marcus Re the cigarettes.

They never showed Freddie saying she was negative did they? I can't remember seeing it. But I think Marcus has done more for Freddie in terms of sticking up for him than the other way round. Marcus isolates himself a lot of the time because he can't find common ground with people, but he seems quite happy to be that way.

I was really commenting on the fact that Freddie sees himself as a protector, but he's the one who needs protection.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    saying to Marcus that he thought Marcus was socially isolated and he wanted to stand up for him and help him out.....Surely it was the other way round? :confused:

The immediate days after the new hms came in Marcus was very isolated yes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO, Freddie, having been isolated for weeks at the beginning, though it was happening to Marcus because of Faggate, and was trying to make sure Marcus wasn't left on the sideline. Whatever you think/thought of Freddie, he had a caring nature.

Anway, Freddie's gone now. RIP.
  • mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    babi222 wrote: »
    IMO, Freddie, having been isolated for weeks at the beginning, though it was happening to Marcus because of Faggate, and was trying to make sure Marcus wasn't left on the sideline. Whatever you think/thought of Freddie, he had a caring nature.

I agree with you he did not want Marcus, when he left, to be isolated. ;)

He liked Marcus he said so even when others,at BBBM said they did not, Freddie stood up for Marcus.;)
  • Ms Ann ThropeMs Ann Thrope Posts: 7,213
    Forum Member
    Freddie doesn't seem particularly aware of his own vulnerabilities, and this may be a feature of his dyslexia.

If he has to piece things together socially by reason and analysis, he's bound to make mistakes, where less conventionally intelligent people will make those social judgments by instinct. He's bright, but not at all streetwise, though he may think he is.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babi222 wrote: »

Oh I agree he was caring - I just saw their relationship more as Marcus watching Freddie's back.
  • amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    I understood Freddie was referring to the period when Marcus retreated under the duvet for 3 days when Noirin dumped him for Siavash.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Freddie had also stood up for Marcus before when it looked like Marcus was becoming isolated, after the diary room trashing and subsequent token confiscation. They watched out for each other a lot, I think. :)