Options

Blackpool Pleasure Beach – Rip Off??????

MaxCherryMaxCherry Posts: 9,013
Forum Member
They have an advert on T V at the moment for “March Madness” - £10 off wristbands when booked online.

The wristbands are now £22……but they are only £27 when booked when there aren’t any offers on.

Has anyone else booked this offer? I don’t know whether I’m being thick or whether they are trying to pretend that the wristbands usually cost £32.

Any info would be great :)

Comments

• Options
    xmodz10xmodz10 Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phone them up, might be they aint updated the system
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Theme parks usuall do this, I think its cheaper if you book online than go and pay there.
  • Options
    Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The on the day gate price is £32, so this offer represents a £10 saving on the normal on the gate price and not the normal online pre book price.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only have one experience of Blackpool, many many years ago, and I wouldn't use 'pleasure' in the same sentence. Hope you have a good day there though!
  • Options
    DoctorQuiDoctorQui Posts: 6,428
    Forum Member
    Steer clear, its a complete rip off now!

In the name of 'security' they don't allow you to take your own food and drink in, you have to pay their prices instead.

I used to love the pleasure beach when you could go in free and then decide whether you pay to go on the rides!
  • Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blackpools a dump anyway!..Wouldnt spent longer then a day there
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Rip off.

We haven't been back ever since they started to charge you for the pleasure of walking around.
    I didn't know about the rule saying you cant eat your own food. That puts the top hat on it.
  • Options
    DoctorQuiDoctorQui Posts: 6,428
    Forum Member
    Rip off.

We haven't been back ever since they started to charge you for the pleasure of walking around.
    I didn't know about the rule saying you cant eat your own food. That puts the top hat on it.

They also charge full price regardless of how much longer its open. Me and a friend wanted to go on the pepsi max (or whatever its called now!) it was 30minutes till closing time and they wanted full entry price. We declined!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's rubbish, seedy and depressing.