Paula poor cow

Comments

• tigerlily96tigerlily96 Posts: 3,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JonDoe wrote: »
    Well it's not like any Aspergers cases I've ever seen.

I don't know anyone with Aspergers who could've handled the launch night crowd at all, let alone with them all booing.

All cases are different.
  • warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    Well made points, I wont disagree with that as there is a lot of truth in your post, I just want to see more of her as I feel she will ruffle a few of those who sit on the fence however I did feel sympathetic towards her despite her obvious nme dropping as she is past her best and it is hard for a woman of her age trying to make a living once the face shows all the remnants of a previous lifestyle.I feel time will tell if she is a dragon or just a dotty eccentric. I would love her to tangle with Tricia and Gillian, that would be worth watching.

Thanks for your reply gillie. I'm beginning to agree with some people that she, Paula, is a fragile person and really shouldn't have been allowed to take part. I think she doesn't have a grip on reality and lives in a world where she is a VIP and all things relate to her at the centre. She's not the Messiah she's a very silly girl.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Lots of labels and amateur diagnosis of possible conditions going on all over the place.

Is it not possible that she is simply a very self centred, spoilt woman who has addled her brain and confused reality with booze and drugs over the years?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots of labels and amateur diagnosis of possible conditions going on all over the place.

Is it not possible that she is simply a very self centred, spoilt woman who has addled her brain and confused reality with booze and drugs over the years?

Yes but if you give it a name it excuses the behaviour.

Manipulative drunk would be the name I'd give her ailment.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really understanding all these comments, she has Aspergers...

Clearly there are a lot of people posting on this forum who have no real understanding of the symptoms of Aspergers and what it entails.

Personally I think that Paula is too fragile for BB and they should not have put her on the show to start with. I do wish people would stop accusing her of being self-obssessed, unaware in social situations etc and failing to recognise that this is due to her condition.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So you think she wasn't diagnosed by a psychologist or psychiatrist, you think maybe Bob down the road diagnosed her?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Clearly there are a lot of people posting on this forum who have no real understanding of the symptoms of Aspergers and what it entails.

Personally I think that Paula is too fragile for BB and they should not have put her on the show to start with. I do wish people would stop accusing her of being self-obssessed, unaware in social situations etc and failing to recognise that this is due to her condition.

I depair, really I do. If I didn't know anything about a condition, I wouldn't dream of commenting, let alone call people 'manipulating drunks' or say their condition is made up:rolleyes:
  • amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    I never feel comfortable about fragile people being on BB and Paula does seem fragile and deluded. Maybe some people find that entertaining to watch but I don't. I hope she leaves on Wedneday - she'll have her fee and some exposure which may be a stepping stone for her.
  • debidebi Posts: 3,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Clearly there are a lot of people posting on this forum who have no real understanding of the symptoms of Aspergers and what it entails and I am NOT including tigerlily96 in that as she obviously has a very good understanding :)

Yes I would totally agree, there are many people who choose to make comment on the autism spectrum who have no understanding or education in the subject. As anyone with any knowlege will know Aspergers Syndrome is part of the autism spectrum which means that everyone is different and no two people with the same diagnosis are the same. I would also like to hi light that mental illness is co morbid to the autism spectrum but NOT a mental illness in itself. Sadly many people who go unsupported and misunderstood end up with mental health issues.

I am watching Paula with sadness as I see her struggling in a social situation that she is not equipped to deal with. Her anxiety levels are sky high yet her self awareness/self confidence and self esteem are rock bottom. The periods of isolation that she craves and needs are missing in the BB house and she is surrounded by many overwhelming sensory situations also.

A sense of injustice, embarrassment and humiliation when she was nominated was totally overwhelming for her and in my opinion put her immediately into a total meltdown which is what we all witnessed very publicly. For anyone reading this and knowing what a meltdown feels like they will I am sure understand that all you want in those situations is peace, isolation and safety - the CBB house hardly fulfills those criteria.

I only wish she could be evicted kindly if any such thing exists. I am saddened that yet again she is being misunderstood. We all make mistakes, perhaps hers was agreeing to go on the show, but she thought (wrongly or rightly) that this was a 'fresh start'. Whilst Paula's IQ is obviously high sadly her EQ would appear extremely low. I would worry that she has not been adequately prepared for a decison/commitment like BB by medical professionals. Many people with Aspergers Syndrome are extremely vulnerable, Paula is no different.

Just my opinion for what it's worth. :)
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,541
    Forum Member
    I think Paula's quite fragile and I wish she wasn't there.

Then why go in :confused: If she wanted to promote her products :confused::yawn: then pay someone to do it. Don't go onto a show that will drag you through the gutter :o

Do none of these hm's watch this show as they seem so surprised at how it is in there :rolleyes: It been on for enough years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Then why go in :confused: If she wanted to promote her products :confused::yawn: then pay someone to do it. Don't go onto a show that will drag you through the gutter :o

Do none of these hm's watch this show as they seem so surprised at how it is in there :rolleyes: It been on for enough years.

As tigerlily96 has already hi lighted quite eloquently, everyone on the autism spectrum is different. Rightly or wrongly (personally in my opinion wrongly) the decision to include Paula in this years CBB was made. If you understood the autism spectrum - with respect, you would not be asking the questions that you have. Just my opinion:)
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    debi wrote: »
    Yes I would totally agree, there are many people who choose to make comment on the autism spectrum who have no understanding or education in the subject. As anyone with any knowlege will know Aspergers Syndrome is part of the autism spectrum which means that everyone is different and no two people with the same diagnosis are the same. I would also like to hi light that mental illness is co morbid to the autism spectrum but NOT a mental illness in itself. Sadly many people who go unsupported and misunderstood end up with mental health issues.

I am watching Paula with sadness as I see her struggling in a social situation that she is not equipped to deal with. Her anxiety levels are sky high yet her self awareness/self confidence and self esteem are rock bottom. The periods of isolation that she craves and needs are missing in the BB house and she is surrounded by many overwhelming sensory situations also.

A sense of injustice, embarrassment and humiliation when she was nominated was totally overwhelming for her and in my opinion put her immediately into a total meltdown which is what we all witnessed very publicly. For anyone reading this and knowing what a meltdown feels like they will I am sure understand that all you want in those situations is peace, isolation and safety - the CBB house hardly fulfills those criteria.

I only wish she could be evicted kindly if any such thing exists. I am saddened that yet again she is being misunderstood. We all make mistakes, perhaps hers was agreeing to go on the show, but she thought (wrongly or rightly) that this was a 'fresh start'. Whilst Paula's IQ is obviously high sadly her EQ would appear extremely low. I would worry that she has not been adequately prepared for a decison/commitment like BB by medical professionals. Many people with Aspergers Syndrome are extremely vulnerable, Paula is no different.

Excellent post. It's heartening to look through the front page of DSBB today and see that there is a lot of sympathy for Paula. Usually, people like Paula are ripped apart on here. Talk about an easy target. I have just posted elsewhere that I hope she is evicted - or preferably opts to leave - but doesn't have to face the baying bunch of nitwits. I don't think she could handle them at this stage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you think about it all the models from back then are not "right"

Look at janice dickinson
  • mary03mary03 Posts: 6,281
    Forum Member

Good post debi.

I'm not going to try and understand anything about Aspergers or Autism, but the bolded part of your post rings true with Paula and what I've felt myself about how she has behaved in the house long before being put up for eviction.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent post. It's heartening to look through the front page of DSBB today and see that there is a lot of sympathy for Paula. Usually, people like Paula are ripped apart on here. Talk about an easy target. I have just posted elsewhere that I hope she is evicted - or preferably opts to leave - but doesn't have to face the baying bunch of nitwits. I don't think she could handle them at this stage.

Thank you:) I too am very concerned that Paula has not been advised appropriately given her diagnosis and the recent trauma's she has been through. I hope she can emerge from this with some pride and dignity. She doesn't deserve to be ridiculed, bullied and taunted, no one on the autism spectrum does although sadly and often tragically it happens all the time. Please let this be different? Kindness and understanding costs nothing.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you:) I too am very concerned that Paula has not been advised appropriately given her diagnosis and the recent trauma's she has been through. I hope she can emerge from this with some pride and dignity. She doesn't deserve to be ridiculed, bullied and taunted, no one on the autism spectrum does although sadly and often tragically it happens all the time. Please let this be different? Kindness and understanding costs nothing.

debi, i think we have chatted before, i think when Jade was ill.I take on board what you are saying about paula, but why did they let her go in if she is so frail and did she not know what to expect, especially with nominations, she nominated too and that she seems to forget.
    In view of your comments( you obviously know more about Asperges than I do) I hope for her sake she does leave tomorrow.
    I did feel last night that she was using emotional blackmail talking about slashing her wrists if she goes first.To both the public and the other housemates hoping they would not nominate her again.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A superb post if I may say so.:)
  • GuapaGuapa Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor 'cow'??? Not a particularly pleasant adjective for a woman. :-(

Paula Hamilton is a tough old boot and she knows what she's doing - she is pretty mean but covers it up with her 'I'm eccentric and everyone hates me' protestations! Don't be fooled, she's mean and she means it.

I think she has latched onto that young page three girl, Lacey, because she can manipulate her - or thinks she can! It's all about getting somebody onside - and Lacey seems like a perfect patsy. But methinks Paula is making a mistake.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    debi, i think we have chatted before, i think when Jade was ill.I take on board what you are saying about paula, but why did they let her go in if she is so frail and did she not know what to expect, especially with nominations, she nominated too and that she seems to forget.
    In view of your comments( you obviously know more about Asperges than I do) I hope for her sake she does leave tomorrow.
    I did feel last night that she was using emotional blackmail talking about slashing her wrists if she goes first.To both the public and the other housemates hoping they would not nominate her again.

Thank you DiamondDoll :)

Hiya fredster :) Yes we meet again, I remember it well! Well why they let her go in, what a good question, in my opinion she should never have gone in in the first place without being properly prepared by someone she trusts.

I have started a thread on the ethics of this and the law. Within England and Wales the Autism Act 2009 exists which is meant to protect adults on the autism spectrum from being exploited and offer them the support they need.

Channel 5 presumably knew about her diagnosis and are aware of the Act? I am beginnning to wonder to be honest, which brings into question as to what legal action could be taken? I am no lawyer and no expert in the law but I would guess with the right person someone could make an issue out of this. Just my opinion for what it's worth :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I imagine she has an agent, and colleagues in the chocolate business. I think she has been very badly advised.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conehead wrote: »
    I imagine she has an agent, and colleagues in the chocolate business. I think she has been very badly advised.

Absolutely!
  • DevonDevon Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They let Jackiey Budden take part, so why not Paula ?

They know exactly what they are doing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Devon wrote: »
    They let Jackiey Budden take part, so why not Paula ?

They know exactly what they are doing.

I don't think Jackiey should have taken part to be honest although I don't think she is diagnosed with Autism is she?
  • Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a bit of a drama queen. Full of her own importance.