Union J

James_DonovanJames_Donovan Posts: 27
Forum Member
After watching their X Factor performance of You Got It All it seems a lot more people are paying attention to them. Reckon it'll get number one on Sunday? I think it not they are close to being dropped

Comments

• zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as there are comfirtable at #1 on itunes i fully expect them to be number 1 and i actually do think they deserve it
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they are ok. But lack their own musical identity and neither of the members really stand on their own or are memorable in their own individual way.
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't/am not really a fan of Union J, but this is a lovely song. I've had it stuck in my head for days!
  • MybelleMybelle Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    I think they are ok. But lack their own musical identity and neither of the members really stand on their own or are memorable in their own individual way.

Ooh, I don't know....JJ's a really nice looking lad - even if I'm old enough to be his mother probably.:D

I think the X Factor performance showed that they can actually sing and I was pretty impressed even though I'm not a fan.
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame they have now lost the #1 spot on itunes to Taylor Swift
  • Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im not sure if it'll end up at number 1 but i do think it will certainly be in the top 5 by Sunday. Ive always quite liked them even though im normally very anti-boy band. I did buy thier 1st album and really liked it.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god no, there name's awful, are signed to Simon AND are another boyband, the market is full

Thank god for Taylor Swift, hoping it stays that way or someone else takes the top spot
  • Sam_Williams1Sam_Williams1 Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    Load of old tosh.
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    Surprised by the success of this, as I thought the song was pretty forgettable and this time of year is harder to get no1 with the higher sales and everyone having a song/album out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    Oh god no, there name's awful, are signed to Simon AND are another boyband, the market is full

Thank god for Taylor Swift, hoping it stays that way or someone else takes the top spot

are they signed to simon?
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sorry for them. If they had came along before One Direction, then they would have got all of Simon Cowell's attention. They are so much better than One Direction and come across really well. They can all sing too. Their weakest link vocally is JJ...but he's still better than One Direction's weakest link...Louis. The issue with Union J is the music...if they could just get that sorted out then they'd be so, so good. They have so much potential, it's just the music that's an issue...that and the fact that Simon pumps all his money into promoting One Direction instead. As far as I know, Union J are signed to Sony, which is affiliated with Syco.
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that it's reliable at all, but the office I work in at work is full of Union J stuff as prezzies for my colleagues little ones, apparently OD are old school with their children, that's only 4 kids, and two different families, but I found it quite interesting as UJ haven't done much to get on peoples radar. It' really nice seeing this doing well, I hope it's a sign of things to come and not just a blip. Does anyone know how the album is doing on pre-order? Would like to see them stand the test of time, they have potential but rarely seem to live up to it.
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    I'm pleased to see this doing well especially as this seems to be last chance saloon for them, there material up to now has been pretty shocking and not very deserved of success but this is ok and I hope they make it as they seem just as talented as 1d, the wanted etc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't sure union J were as popular as Captial kept telling me they were but maybe they actually are

Agree with the comments saying how surprisingly well the song is doing but I guess that's X Factor exposure for you
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    They were pretty good to be fair to them