Options

We got Rage Against the Machine to #1, we can get the Lib Dems into office!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Poison_FengPoison_Feng Posts: 3,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The difference is that Simon Cowell is an arch manipulator who needed teaching a lesson, whereas Gordon Brown doesn't fill the nation with quite the same horror.
    Don't you have this the wrong way round?:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Now over 27,000!

More than the Labour party on Facebook!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uninspiring party leader and amnesty for illegal immigrants says no
  • Options
    SuperTed187SuperTed187 Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zexstream wrote: »
    Yep vote Lib dem to wreck and ruin your country.

Its like me having a political party going around and claiming "Vote for DemUK and we will ensure each and everyone of you will receive £20k per year for life"

The Lib Dems can say what they want, but when you look at their policies you know they could and would never work.

Total bollocks. Their manifesto is more detailed and explanatory then Labour and the Conservatives.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sotek wrote: »
    I live in a local authority that, from time to time, falls under Lib Dem control. Trust me, they CAN do worse! :(

I live in an affluent area. From 1992 until 2007 we had a LibDem council, elected after the Tory disintegration in the 1992 election.

Every year council tax rose at least 8%, the services were greatly reduced due to severe overspending, road programmes ceased, the local care facilities were integrated and eventually whittled down, the Town Council (also LibDem) took 35% of council tax money yet the town never progressed (apart from a few hanging baskets), and the Town Market diminished due to expensive pitching fees. Taxi drivers had to pay huge fees to the council to operate and therefore less taxis were available. It became a ghost town.

One year (2003) I believe so many residents had to write to John Prescott (who was in charge of the Commnity Charge at the time) to complain about a proposed 13% hike in Council Tax. He ordered the local authority to cap it at 5.5%.

In 2007 the Tories won the local election and since then council tax has only risen about 2-3% each year, the taxis are back running, a new shopping complex is being built, there are dozens of local care companies all having to be approved and monitored by the council and new businesses are coming to the area. There is a new school being built and a new health centre.

The Tories don't have to be regarded as bad. People just assume they are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Total bollocks. Their manifesto is more detailed and explanatory then Labour and the Conservatives.

AND fully costed, unlike the utter guesswork and nonsense the others have put forward!
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aatlae wrote: »
    AND fully costed, unlike the utter guesswork and nonsense the others have put forward!

The argument I have is the Lib/dems constant slating of the wealthy. Of course some wealthy people are arses who think they're better than anyone else.

But, what if you have genuinely grafted and slogged for years and the wealth you create is all of your own doing?

Why should your rewards through hard work be used to pay for the lazy sods who won't work?

i am not wealthy by the way. But I am sure if I was and it was because of my own achievements, I'd feel pretty aggrieved if I had to give half of it away in taxes just so the others can be looked after by nanny state.
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    The trick is to get Vince Cable in a position of power while not getting the rest of Lib Dems.

Vince Cable for President? :D
  • Options
    UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    I thought most people who used Facebook weren't old enough to vote

That's Bebo, or was Bebo. Facebook is full of all ages. :p
  • Options
    GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    In a general election people cant vote more than once, unlike people multi-buying RATM.

Even if the Facebook group got 5 million members they wouldnt get in, but credit to them, I think a more equal balance of seats between the 3 parties would benefit Britain and lets face it purely from a political observers point of view, 2 horse races are dull.
  • Options
    SuperTed187SuperTed187 Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After tonight's debate, I reckon we'll see a decent increase in numbers in this group
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Like I said in the previous election thread, the most the Lib Dems can hope for is a hung parliament. It would be a great achievement and perhaps form a coalition government.

Sadly, the parlimentary system is only suited for the Conservatives and Labour, the main two parties.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    Good luck. I'm tempted to vote for them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Now over 41,000 members and growing at 1000 an hour! Go join!

http://www.libdem2010.com
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zexstream wrote: »
    Yep vote Lib dem to wreck and ruin your country.

Its like me having a political party going around and claiming "Vote for DemUK and we will ensure each and everyone of you will receive £20k per year for life"

The Lib Dems can say what they want, but when you look at their policies you know they could and would never work.

And you know this how? Or are you merely confusing reality with your opinion? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ahhh - a mere 3 days after my last post we now have 95,000 members and still growing!