Lost - The Writers Are Giving Us One More Chapter

12-15 minutes of additional footage that was not seen on tv will be part of the dvd and Bluray releases later this year

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Lost-Season-6-and-The-Complete-Collection/13833

Comments

• Weeping DreamsWeeping Dreams Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    12-15 minutes of additional footage that was not seen on tv will be part of the dvd and Bluray releases later this year

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Lost-Season-6-and-The-Complete-Collection/13833

We already knew that. Hadn't seen the artwork or full contents list before though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that... roll on August please :):) :D
  • motioncarriedmotioncarried Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Emma L wrote: »

The link is for the US release on Aug 24th

The UK release is a month after , September 26th

But the US Blurays should be region free
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emma L wrote: »

That's the american release date.

The UK release is September.

At this stage we dont know what "our" complete series box set will look like, or if it will anything like the american version described above.

Frustratingly there's stil no word of a UK complete series box on Blu Ray release yet. EDIT - Just seen in the post above me that the US BD complete series should be region free.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol i know it wont, but it would be amazing if it held all the answers! Im guessing its really pointless stuff though... probably more afterlife crap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »

At this stage we dont know what "our" complete series box set will look like, or if it will anything like the american version described above.

Frustratingly there's stil no word of a UK complete series box on Blu Ray release yet. EDIT - Just seen in the post above me that the US BD complete series should be region free.

It's only frustrating because you want to be spoon fed the answer as to when it's coming out instead of using your imagination and working it out for yourself.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SlashNX wrote: »
    lol i know it wont, but it would be amazing if it held all the answers! Im guessing its really pointless stuff though... probably more afterlife crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9hRSITloOQ&feature=related
    Forum Member
    RebelScum wrote: »

The first 2 US Lost Bluray sets of seasons 3 and 4 were locked to Region A and those seasons are likely to be the exact same discs in the Complete release so bear that in mind if buying the US boxset if you're not multiregion.
    The 1-5 set I got last year which worked out at £14 per season delivered also had season 3 and 4 locked

The last 3 sets were seasons 1,2 and 5 and were all region free

When Alias(also from Bad Robot/Buena Vista) was released as a complete set the UK lost out .
    The packaging was crap and the small book was missing.

While the actual disc contents are likely to be the same for the UK as the US don't bank on the packaging or any other non disc bonuses being there at all
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's only frustrating because you want to be spoon fed the answer as to when it's coming out instead of using your imagination and working it out for yourself.:)

For once I agree with you!! :eek:

:p
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hope they don't skimp on the UK box set for once. We always get bad packaging here for some reason.

Compare the US velvet lined gold-leaf covered Alias box set with individually designed cases and secret compartment with bonus disc to the UK version which consisted of the standard DVDs in a grey box and no extras. It was dearer too.
    Forum Member
    MD1500 wrote: »
    I really hope they don't skimp on the UK box set for once. We always get bad packaging here for some reason.

The US has already had the special Dharma Initiative packaging for season 5 which had bonuses like VHS tapes of actual Dharma films , and none of these have come out in the UK so don't hold your breath.

Better off getting the US sets anyway

Re Alias- the bonus disc WAS included in the UK set
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most interesting thing is the audio commentary on Across the Sea. I just hope it's the culprits doing the commentary and not any of the actors.
    Forum Member
    The most interesting thing is the audio commentary on Across the Sea. I just hope it's the culprits doing the commentary and not any of the actors.

Like The X-Files , the episode titles of Lost do not appear onscreen and most seem unimportant albeit not as incoherent as The X-Files so I've watched all 5 seasons on Bluray and all of the Sky One screenings (except the finale) without paying attention to any episode titles so I don't even know which episode you refer to.

With the exception of a single James Bond film I've found most commentaries hard going and I can rarely get through a whole one.

But I did listen to Gareth Hunt's 2 commentaries on The New Avengers
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like The X-Files , the episode titles of Lost do not appear onscreen and most seem unimportant albeit not as incoherent as The X-Files so I've watched all 5 seasons on Bluray and all of the Sky One screenings (except the finale) without paying attention to any episode titles so I don't even know which episode you refer to.

With the exception of a single James Bond film I've found most commentaries hard going and I can rarely get through a whole one.

But I did listen to Gareth Hunt's 2 commentaries on The New Avengers

Episode 15 where Jacob and his nameless brother are born, their mother murdered and they learn that one of them has to protect a magic cave...........etc.......
    Forum Member
    Episode 15 where Jacob and his nameless brother are born, their mother murdered and they learn that one of them has to protect a magic cave...........etc.......

What do you mean by "culprits" Sarge?

The writers?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you mean by "culprits" Sarge?

The writers?

Either the writers or David Cameron and Nick Clegg.:)
  • lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It apparently contains more information on Hurley and Ben's ruling of the island, according to an interview with Michael Emmerson on here.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael David Kelly (Walt) shot something for the finale but it, along with various other scenes, didn't make it to the finale, so we can assume that will be included here.

Btw the complete collection set looks bloody amazing! I'm so glad I held out for it and didn't buy the individual seasons.
  • KeelbootsKeelboots Posts: 1,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Btw the complete collection set looks bloody amazing! I'm so glad I held out for it and didn't buy the individual seasons.

Where can I see this?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the link at post #1 of this thread.
    Forum Member
    Michael David Kelly (Walt) shot something for the finale but it, along with various other scenes, didn't make it to the finale, so we can assume that will be included here.

Keelboots wrote: »
    Where can I see this?:confused:

But don't forget that a UK release of the complete series in a similar package is far from certain .

While buying the dvd set may be trouble free , the Bluray set is likely to have at least 2 seasons region locked so ensure you are multiregion before buying.

If you do want it you would be best to preorder.
    I preordered the 1-5 Bluray set from Amazon.com and it was about $175.
    As it got closer to the release the regular price was $225.
    But what a treat on release when it became Amazon.com's Deal of the Day and they reduced it to under $110 .

SO a few days later I got nearly $70 refunded to my card.

Despite the import costs you may incur a boxset of this size will usually be cheaper if you order direct from the US rather than using importers like Playusa (who probably won't carry it anyway) or UK based Marketplace sellers
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone should re-edit the final season and cut out all the flashdeadways and piece together the island story without them and see if it's any better.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That ultimate version looks soo awesome, no doubt it wont get a UK release.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it that Season's 4 and 5 were released on DVD before they were released in the US? I never understood that; wasn't complaining though!
  • Gott Sei DankGott Sei Dank Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Presumably there must be hidden writing somewhere on the ultimate box set if it comes with a black light penlight.