Knightmare 116
    Fraggle Rock 91
    My Parents Are Aliens 65
    Woof! 35
    Dramarama 10
    Press Gang 3
    The Tomorrow People 5
    Children's Ward 8

Cor did only 3, 5 and 8k watch the last 3 shows?

That's not good. Probably means they won't show them again.

I wonder if more adult viewers watched.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,216
    Forum Member
    Cor did only 3, 5 and 8k watch the last 3 shows?

That's not good. Probably means they won't show them again.

I wonder if more adult viewers watched.

Definitely more adult viewers watched, but the channel itself peaked at 11:50 with 563k (6.01%), during Dangermouse.

Near the end (at around 5pm), the channel was presumably overshadowed by shows on the main channels, so that's why they rated so low but we should get the ratings for the day soon.
  • LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed that weekend and recorded most of the shows. I will transfer them to DVD when I get chance and keep them.

The highlights for me were:

Mike and Angelo: I haven't seen it since the mid 90's - even though it aired till later.

Supergran: Aired in the year I was born, so too young to recall it.

Spatz: Really used to enjoy this and seeing it after 20 years was wonderful. Long overdue a DVD release.

Art Attack: I always enjoyed the talking head segments.

Finders Keepers: One of my favourite game shows.

Fun House: Would have preferred an earlier mullet episode though.

Woof: I never realised when I was a kid hot miss Jessop (Liza Goddard) was - no wonder Bergerac was after her!
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Definitely more adult viewers watched, but the channel itself peaked at 11:50 with 563k (6.01%), during Dangermouse.

Near the end (at around 5pm), the channel was presumably overshadowed by shows on the main channels, so that's why they rated so low but we should get the ratings for the day soon.

If you know the ratings can you publish them please.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the ratings thread, but this is only the number of 'kid viewers':

Mike & Angelo 123k
    Spatz 142
    Huxley Pig / Wannabes 138
    Rainbow 164
    Button Moon 184
    The Riddlers 191
    Rosie & Jim 195
    Dangermouse 219
    Sooty and Co 187
    How 2 185
    Finger Tips 136
    Jungle Run 160
    Fun House 142
    Knightmare 116
    Fraggle Rock 91
    My Parents Are Aliens 65
    Woof! 35
    Dramarama 10
    Press Gang 3
    The Tomorrow People 5
    Children's Ward 8

How do they actually work out what amount of kids watch it. They dont know whos in the house watching it.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,216
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    If you know the ratings can you publish them please.

Someone should post them on the ratings thread soon. I'll post them on here once that is done.
  • IzakIzak Posts: 3,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do they actually work out what amount of kids watch it. They dont know whos in the house watching it.

I read once on a website how they did the ratings, there is like a set top box in certain homes linked to the TV, everyone in the home is registered on the device and kind of 'log in' with a remote when they start and finish watching. The box must hold details of ages too meaning they can see when kids are watching programmes.

I'm not 100% on that so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They do in the panel households.

Read a little bit earlier that the 563,000 people who watched Dangermouse made it the highest rated show ever screened on the CITV Channel.
  • darrenh2011darrenh2011 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »
    They do in the panel households.

Read a little bit earlier that the 563,000 people who watched Dangermouse made it the highest rated show ever screened on the CITV Channel.

that is good news for CITV maybe the highest rated shows might get further repeats one day
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ratings ghave been posted in the ratings thread for Sunday

09:25:00 Mike & angelo 209
    09:50:00 Spatz 270
    10:15:00 Huxley pig 297
    10:25:00 Wannabes 292
    10:30:00 Rainbow 369
    10:50:00 Button moon 448
    11:05:00 The riddlers 453
    11:15:00 Rosie & jim 457
    11:35:00 Dangermouse 544
    12:00:00 Sooty and co 448
    12:25:00 How 2 439
    12:40:00 Finger tips 280
    13:00:00 Jungle run 323
    13:30:00 Fun house 407
    14:00:00 Knightmare 325
    14:30:00 Fraggle rock 226
    15:00:00 My parents are aliens 154
    15:30:00 Woof! 79
    16:00:00 Dramarama 38
    16:25:00 Skillicious with fruit shoot h2o 62
    16:30:00 Press gang 71
    17:00:00 The tomorrow people 65
    17:25:00 Wannabes 46
    17:30:00 Children's ward 28

Really good until 3pm, but then it dropped like a stone.
  • lozzerbozzerlozzerbozzer Posts: 5,026
    Forum Member
    Again like Saturday i think it was a mix of people having stuff to do and the programmes that were on after 3.30 weren't the strongest to hold the audience until 6 o clock IMO.
  • Aaron_HoltAaron_Holt Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    yeah i only had a chance to watch funhouse and knightmare on the sunday (and that was tvcatchup) but i want to watch some of the stuff i had missed.
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    500k for Danger Mouse is pretty good, surely worthy of more repeats, even on itv2 or 3
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's not the done thing to push threads up needlessly but I think it's worth it with this one as it's almost a year ago that the CITV Channel ran its Old Skool Weekend, which was enjoyed by so many for the childhood memories and nostalgia it brought back and garnered the channel its highest ratings and level of attention in kind.

With this in mind, therefore, it's disappointing that CITV have decided not to do the same thing again this year, particularly when you consider the many other great retro children's shows not shown last time which could have been screened - but maybe the rights issues and fees were too great for the event to be arranged this time round, not withstanding the fact that it wouldn't have the anniversary of CITV to coincide with.

Still, it's a shame.
  • AidanLunnAidanLunn Posts: 5,320
    Forum Member
    I know it's not the done thing to push threads up needlessly but I think it's worth it with this one as it's almost a year ago that the CITV Channel ran its Old Skool Weekend, which was enjoyed by so many for the childhood memories and nostalgia it brought back and garnered the channel its highest ratings and level of attention in kind.

With this in mind, therefore, it's disappointing that CITV have decided not to do the same thing again this year, particularly when you consider the many other great retro children's shows not shown last time which could have been screened - but maybe the rights issues and fees were too great for the event to be arranged this time round, not withstanding the fact that it wouldn't have the anniversary of CITV to coincide with.

Still, it's a shame.

Not disappointing at all. It's not an anniversary of CITV year this, at least not one worth marking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Still, it's a shame.

To be honest you could watch the episodes anyway on youtube!
  • LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason C - it would be great if they did an Old Skool weekend every few months and also on the CBBC channel.

I've still got most of the shows from last year on my hard drive.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    I'd love to see another day or weekend of these shows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liparus wrote: »
    Jason C - it would be great if they did an Old Skool weekend every few months and also on the CBBC channel.

I've still got most of the shows from last year on my hard drive.

Ive got all mine on DVD. Could have done without dramarama.