Shop sizes, where is most generous?

19711971 Posts: 1,661
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So where is the most generous sizes in the high street??

I'm generally a small 14 or large 12 so where is best?
I cant do shopping and like to order online, so where are ,my best places to shop?

Thanks

Comments

• iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my experience it is Dorothy perkins.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    Next sizes seem to be quite generous in my experience. I agree with Dorothy Perkins too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I´m the same size as you OP and M & S, Next and a lot of the designers at Debenhams range is worth a try too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIGMOFO

Florida state USA
  • Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slightly off topic but Dorethy Perkins have 50% off sale atm and this weekend only its an extra 10% off online

Just incase you do decide to order anything from there :p
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    You see i find Next sizes odd, their shoe sizes are even worse though. Fat Face's sizes are quite generous
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Debenhams and M&S are quite good, I often buy a lot of stuff there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clothes from Gap are mahoosive. And M&S.
  • broonalebroonale Posts: 5,472
    Forum Member
    I'm more or less around those sizes too. Generally 14 top and 12 skirt/trousers. Tends to vary. But I find Next are ok with sizing. I've a top (from somewhere) that states 16 and is a bit tight on me. i've one in 14 and it fits ok on me, but did seem a bit loose at first.
  • gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely agree with other posters about M&S. Their clothes are way too big :confused: apparently it's the "big n tall" range.

Yeah right!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    River Island size 14 is for me. I think their sizing is very good!

In H & M and Miss Selfridge, they have simply not heard of a "decent" size 14!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a size 12/14 too.
    I bought some things online from Dorothy perkins everything in a size 14. One cardy, one jumper and some trousers. The cardy there was loads of room, same goes for the trousers. Although the jumper actually was way too big on me so i might take that back. George @ asda are generous with their sizes too and H&M i find.

Shops that arnt i'd say are newlook, warehouse and topshop. Although i have bought a few things from newlook and topshop that are good but 90% of the time i end up leaving the changing rooms not getting them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,286
    Forum Member
    M&S. They are extremely generous with their sizing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    River Island sizes are always perfect for me except bikini tops where I have to go up a size. Next sizes are always good as are New Look's. I haven't bought anything from Dorothy Perkins for ages so I can't comment on their sizes.
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Having come down from a size 24 to a comfortable size 14 (top) and size 16 (bottom) after losing nearly six stone, I'm buying a lot from New Look, Dorothy Perkins, Next & H&M and even fitting in to some size 12 tops*. I have to say that H&M are very variable though as are Next - some things are massive, others very small - no consistency at all. I've just bought a size 12 dress from H&M :eek:

I've also got a couple of things from River Island which was a total no-go area for me. Not sure I'm ready to step into Top Shop or Miss Selfridge yet though - but I'd maybe get one of my legs in a size 16 :D

*just to point out, I am in no way claiming to be a size 12......unlike Vanessa Feltz :p