Options

Does leon's voice have any emotion?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,764
Forum Member
✭✭✭
it seems quite monotone but he is good. just when they playing a build up to something they will play the music for his version but when the singing starts for the big bit they use the mariah and whitney version

what does everyone think?

Comments

• Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    I think he is rubbish, very average, nothing specail at all. And to compare him to the likes of Michael B and Robbie Williams is an insult to them, he is nowhere near as good as them, they have stage presents, and personality. He doesn't :yawn:.
  • Options
    Amy86Amy86 Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    yes he does have emotion, e.g. you dont know me and when you believe :)

hes improved by leaps and bounds hes a great singer.
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like I've stepped back in time here.....:confused:

But yes he does, it's one of his strengths actually. Don't think WYB is the best example to use in any case.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy86 wrote: »
    yes he does have emotion, e.g. you dont know me and when you believe :)

hes improved by leaps and bounds hes a great singer.

yes but thats my point. in the show they will play his version music like yest however when they got through the stopped his version and played the mariah and whitney version way more powerful and emotive
  • Options
    Amy86Amy86 Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    who cares what they play on the show its whitney and mariahs song at the end of the day leon only covered it so its more likely they'd play the proper version, no disrespect on leon there as i love him!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy86 wrote: »
    who cares what they play on the show its whitney and mariahs song at the end of the day leon only covered it so its more likely they'd play the proper version, no disrespect on leon there as i love him!

yeah they are amazing and have emotion in their voice his version doesnt! i do like him though
  • Options
    Give It UpGive It Up Posts: 982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    !J! wrote: »
    Does leon's voice have any emotion?

Your question should just be "Does Leon have a voice?".

I wish him the best, I really do, but it is still beyond me how someone so mediocre (albeit quite likeable) won a talent show. The weakest talent show winner that I can remember. He makes Michelle McManus look like Celine Dion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give It Up wrote: »
    Your question should just be "Does Leon have a voice?".

I wish him the best, I really do, but it is still beyond me how someone so mediocre (albeit quite likeable) won a talent show. The weakest talent show winner that I can remember. He makes Michelle McManus look like Celine Dion.

hahaha, he is pretty hot though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hahaha, he is pretty hot though

I can't see that either. He looks about 14. Fancying him is obscene unless you're under 13.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish Leon well, but how he won over Rhydian really puzzles me. I thought Leon was very average. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see that either. He looks about 14. Fancying him is obscene unless you're under 13.

he is quite cute although im like 2 years older. i think it is his teeth that make him look younger they are quite bad
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He certainly doesn't look 14 here!!;):cool:

http://www.leonjacksonmusic.com/

Sneak preview to 2 more album tracks:

Creative
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rmj5GpZ5oXQ&feature=user

Stargazing
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FCJSli6SML8&feature=user

Fantastic vocals IMO. :):cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he is quite cute although im like 2 years older. i think it is his teeth that make him look younger they are quite bad

Everything about him looks young.

His teeth aren't bad. They just have gaps between them. I hate the way the stupid American way of capping perfectly healthy teeth to make them straight and unnaturally white is permeating this country. Why tamper with healthy teeth just because they are not straight or bright white?
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ladym wrote: »
    He certainly doesn't look 14 here!!;):cool:

http://www.leonjacksonmusic.com/

Sneak preview to 2 more album tracks:

Creative
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rmj5GpZ5oXQ&feature=user

Stargazing

Fantastic vocals IMO. :):cool:

I question the credibility of anyone that listens to those clips and says he is mediocre, tbh. Of course we all have different taste in music, but the lad can sing and I don't see how anyone can say otherwise even if musically he isn't there cup of tea...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything about him looks young.

His teeth aren't bad. They just have gaps between them. I hate the way the stupid American way of capping perfectly healthy teeth to make them straight and unnaturally white is permeating this country. Why tamper with healthy teeth just because they are not straight or bright white?

no he has very white straight teeth, just need to close the gap a bit

also to others i said i think he has an alright voice i just said it doesnt have much emotion
  • Options
    Love BearLove Bear Posts: 35,757
    Forum Member
    I personally don't think he's that great but I am pleased he won in a funny way. Although I preffered Rhydian it was nice to see a normal, unstagey bloke win it, not a Brit school/classically trained type.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why start picking fault with Leon again? He's now a recording artist with a very glittering future, whether people like it or not! :D

Strange how the negative remarks have started just after links to Leon's NEW ALBUM clips were put on the net :confused:;) Of course, his NEW single is getting regular airplay, and praise from people who were previously unsure about Leon :cool:

And there is nothing wrong with his teeth. Plenty of people have gaps. It hasn't hindered Madonna :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no he has very white straight teeth, just need to close the gap a bit

No need to close the gaps whatsoever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    I question the credibility of anyone that listens to those clips and says he is mediocre, tbh. Of course we all have different taste in music, but the lad can sing and I don't see how anyone can say otherwise even if musically he isn't there cup of tea...

I'm not denying or debating whether he can sing. Of course he can, just like many contestants and, to varying levels of ability, all of those who get to the live finals but he is not credible winner standard and I speak as someone who quite likes his genre of music.
  • Options
    MartaMarta Posts: 2,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    they have stage presents

So what gifts do Michael Buble and Robbie Williams bring on to the stage?! :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No need to close the gaps whatsoever.

well most people his age dont have gaps thats all i was saying
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    !J! - This song shows Leon singing with plenty of emotion

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gfKf9dyqnTI (listen at 2.00 to 2.09 mins)
    xTonix wrote: »
    And to compare him to the likes of Michael B and Robbie Williams is an insult to them, he is nowhere near as good as them, they have stage presents, and personality.

Michael Buble and Robbie Williams both have had many years to build on their stage presence. Leon is very new to this. The X Factor was the first time he had ever sung professionally but, in my opinion, he has a better voice than either of them. This short clip proves that to me.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marta wrote: »
    !J! - This song shows Leon singing with plenty of emotion

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gfKf9dyqnTI (listen at 2.00 to 2.09 mins)

[/url]

I haven't listened so can't comment on the quality of emotion but 9 seconds out of more than 130 is less than 7% and can't really be called "plenty".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd genuinely forgotten about Leon :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't listened so can't comment on the quality of emotion but 9 seconds out of more than 130 is less than 7% and can't really be called "plenty".

I think the whole song about unrequited love is emotional. I was just picking out the high point. :)