Does leon's voice have any emotion?

Comments

• Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pardon? It does explain the McDonalds. They did well in X Factor as they were Scottish males.

What does any of this have to do with the OP?

Not a thing!

With all due respect I think you are trying to stir up trouble.

*leaves thread*
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pardon? It does explain the McDonalds. They did well in X Factor as they were Scottish males.
    They didn't get to the final, though.

I actually believe that the Macs got so far because people were voting for them as a 'protest vote' against Simon's comments towards them. I put a few votes in for the Macs myself ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

According to your theory, if you are Scottish and male....then you will do well since the Scots will vote indiscriminately of talent and purely on national indentity.

Thus, MacD's should have won, should they not? The MacD's disprove the theory in my mind.

The MacD's, IMO, were on a par with Same Difference. Same Difference did very well. Who was voting for them?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    What does any of this have to do with the OP?

Not a thing!

With all due respect I think you are trying to stir up trouble.

*leaves thread*

Dear quite the opposite. One of my original posts I stated how I was starting to like Leon and his new songs and was going to listen to them with an open mind and forgot about my past feelings for him.

Then someone wanted to challenge me on something else I said (fair play to them) and so I gave my opinions back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voting kerfuffles! Aaargh!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

*runs through the thread screaming*

Wasn't this supposed to be about Leon's emotive tones?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    ZipGypsy wrote: »
    According to your theory, if you are Scottish and male....then you will do well since the Scots will vote indiscriminately of talent and purely on national indentity.

Thus, MacD's should have won, should they not? The MacD's disprove the theory in my mind.

The MacD's, IMO, were on a par with Same Difference. Same Difference did very well. Who was voting for them?

I think that the McDs benefited from Simon constant put downs. They got the sympathy votes and votes from people wanting to prove Simon wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot about all that with Simon. He was putting them down so much. Alot of votes must have come from that to. I did feel sorry for them but that did not change my feelings as it's a talent show.

Children (mostly). They were fun I enjoyed them but didnt vote for them.
  • GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,788
    Forum Member
    I think this might shed a bit of light on the OP's question.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/la...the.4537024.jp
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gillypoots wrote: »

LOL....quite in the minority, that view (from what I've recently seen). I have been quite refreshed at the amount of very positive reviews of Leon's new material. I think some of the comments in response to the journalist in question would back that up. ;)
  • antalmaxantalmax Posts: 3,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gillypoots wrote: »

Your link doesn't work, gilly.

So here is a quote:
    Next up was 2007 X Factor winner Leon, the favourite of the audience if the banners being waved in the stalls and the huge applause were anything to go by. With the release of his first album still pending, Jackson's fanbase has, up to now, had to make do with one single and a few previous tour appearances around the UK to maintain its interest.
    Kicking off with a cover of Dougie Maclean's Caledonia, this was a chance for Jackson to perform something special for the home crowd. Sadly his rendition didn't rise above karaoke cover version, with little sign of the singer trying to add anything new to the classic. The remainder of Leon's performance offered up a passable run through his new single, Don't Call this Love, and the 2007 Christmas hit, When You Believe. While the latter reached number one with ease last year, this version – which included sound distortion on the backing tracks at high levels – lacked emotion or energy, even if the crowd did lap it up.
    Peppering his short set with thanks to his supporters and plugs for his upcoming album, Leon's inability to converse with much depth or clarity to the crowd will do little to silence those who might claim reality music shows are based on looks and luck alone.
    www.edinburghnews.scotman.com
    Article:
    Star Lemar shows the others how it's done
    http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/latestnews/-Star-Lemar-shows-the.4537024.jp

Re:OP , I never 'got' Leon Jackson and never liked the tone of his voice. I think he is dull , monotonous- and I honestly tried to listen to his new material but I can't get past those studio gimmicks - makes me think at how people with not that good voices get to sound much better in the studio.
    Sorry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that, antalmax. So nice of you to provide information about Leon when as you say, you never 'got' him. :)
  • antalmaxantalmax Posts: 3,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that, antalmax. So nice of you to provide information about Leon when as you say, you never 'got' him. :)

No need to be ironic, you know.

I did try to like his singing, whether you choose to believe it or not.

As for that quote bit, I was reading gilly's replies :) and clicked o nthe link - as I allways do - and just gave the material from the link because, although I understand you would like all the press 'bits' to be positive, there are people that are not impressed either, even in Scotland.:)
    Ehh, anyway, I spent enough time here, I go before some more jump me.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    * Deleted*
  • stujonesstujones Posts: 1,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He really was distinctly average, he had no star quality, no X factor... I'll be truly stunned if he has any futher success.
  • Amy86Amy86 Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    dont let it spoil your excitement there is always goin to be someone who is going to take a swipe at leon they are still bitter, maybe one day they might move on.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    stujones wrote: »
    He really was distinctly average, he had no star quality, no X factor... I'll be truly stunned if he has any futher success.
    Prepare to be stunned.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cute chick wrote: »
    Hi Zip,

I'm completely fed up with it all now. :mad: It's becoming exactly the same as last year with Leon being slagged off and ridiculed. Certain people are once again revelling in any negative news about Leon and gleefully posting up extracts. It will never end.

We Leon fans are excited about Leon's future and his single, album, appearances etc. Sadly, there is an agenda aimed at spoiling our excitement and discrediting Leon.

Sorry, but it's really upsetting me. I'm off for a while to cool down. I don't want to say something I'll regret...:(

Aww, hon. I know what you mean. *hugs*

The same people who have ignored all the positive press he has gotten over recent weeks hone in without fail on some tiny snippet of a review from someone reporting in a local paper that even admits to being in disagreement with the crowd over Leon and run with it.

If I don't like an act, I have no interest in their career. Why would I? Why would anyone?

But some people have an agenda and seem to search out anything they can to use against him.

All I can say it is says a lot more about them than it does any of us, or Leon.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,620
    Forum Member
    Hi Zip,

I'm completely fed up with it all now. :mad: It's becoming exactly the same as last year with Leon being slagged off and ridiculed. It will never end.

We Leon fans are excited about Leon's future and his single, album, appearances etc, but the Leon haters are spoiling things for us.

Sorry, but it's really upsetting me. I'm off for a while to cool down. I don't want to say something I'll regret...:(
    Cute chick, don't let it upset you - it's really not worth it. This is a good time for those of us who like Leon. You're not going to let any begrudgers spoil it for you, are you? We've come through worse. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    antalmax wrote: »
    No need to be ironic, you know.

I did try to like his singing, whether you choose to believe it or not.

As for that quote bit, I was reading gilly's replies :) and clicked o nthe link - as I allways do - and just gave the material from the link because, although I understand you would like all the press 'bits' to be positive, there are people that are not impressed either, even in Scotland.:)
    Ehh, anyway, I spent enough time here, I go before some more jump me.:)

Hey....good point! In Scotland Leon is not to everyone's taste. :) That's fine by me and certainly adds to my challenge to Divalicious earlier on. :cool:

As for the article, one journo does not an objective collective make. :)

As I have said, I have been delighted with the many positive reviews of Leon's new material that I have seen. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    But some people have an agenda and seem to search out anything they can to use against him.

All I can say it is says a lot more about them than it does any of us, or Leon.

Yep! :) Hey, cute chick...try to see the funny side in all this. ;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said in my previous posts, I want to forget about what I thought about him on X Factor, put it behind me and just listen to any of his new material as if it's the first time ive heard him. I do very much like his new song.

I did not mean to cause a mini world war 2 before. My posts had opinions both positive and negative. I did not mean to upset or get off on the wrong foot with anyone. So if ive offended anyone im really sorry. I wish Leon well. Ive never been bitter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep! :) Hey, cute chick...try to see the funny side in all this. ;):D
    I think you're right. Leon WON The X Factor and nobody can take that away from him :cool: The best man won and is having the time of his life. Long may it continue. All hail LEON! ;):D

If I vanish again, it might be because my internet has gone down. My isp are currently running tests on a fault on my phone line.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one who enjoyed all 3 Team Minogue boys last year?
    They are very different to each other, but I think they're all special.
    Rhydian was doing something new 'popera' which was incrediable to see
    Leon was bringing that oldtime glamour swing back which is missing from youngsters today.
    And gorgeous Andy has the 'rockstar-rough' tough edge that's also missing from the charts.

I'm sure there's room for all of them. At least I hope so!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I said in my previous posts, I want to forget about what I thought about him on X Factor, put it behind me and just listen to any of his new material as if it's the first time ive heard him. I do very much like his new song.

I did not mean to cause a mini world war 2 before. My posts had opinions both positive and negative. I did not mean to upset or get off on the wrong foot with anyone. So if ive offended anyone im really sorry. I wish Leon well. Ive never been bitter.

Thanks for that. :)

I guess it just riles the life out of me when people start on this Scottish thing. Since...hey, I am Scottish. And - I don't (and never ever have) voted out of national loyalty. You know, it gets to me so much that I am always delighted when no one Scottish gets through on the XF. Makes life so much easier ( I mean that). :)
  • ebeneezergoodeebeneezergoode Posts: 7,260
    Forum Member
    Hi Zip,

I'm completely fed up with it all now. :mad: It's becoming exactly the same as last year with Leon being slagged off and ridiculed. It will never end.

We Leon fans are excited about Leon's future and his single, album, appearances etc, but the Leon haters are spoiling things for us.

That's one of the reasons I left for a while as well. I knew it wouldn't take them long to crawl out the woodwork again :mad: some people just can't accept Leon won and Rhydian didn't. Ignore them cute chick.