The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Noooooooooooo OUT >:(

i can't believe it
    well i can
    we were awful

now we have a four year wait
    until the next world cup >:(

>:(>:(>:(>:(>:( They need to get a grip - get a new manager and bring back Danny Cipriani - what a waste of an evening!!!!>:(>:(
    Forum Member
    Morning, afternoon etc etc

How are we all? DO NOT MENTION the rugby!

Picked out the units for our new bathroom to be fitted next year, made some soup and re-read the notes from my course! New section starts tomorrow!

Have to have another blood test, blood pressure check etc. Wouldn't you know it, on the way home from the bathroom place had another optical migraine, drank some water - which had been sitting in the car for over 6 months. O/H then told me I might get legionnaires disease. Just what I needed when I was feeling rotten!
  • GiddykipperGiddykipper Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    Rugby!!!
    Pretty damn good if you ask me - of course, I'm Welsh....!!!:D:D:D
    I felt a bit sorry for England yesterday - but that was such a stupid arrangement to put 4 top class teams in one group. And I didn't feel sorry enough to want the result to be different!:blush:

Hope you feel better soon Nyannie - and that you avoid the Legionnaires.
  • georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Rugby!!!
    I felt a bit sorry for England yesterday - but that was such a stupid arrangement to put 4 top class teams in one group. And I didn't feel sorry enough to want the result to be different!:blush:

lol ....... very pleased for you Giddy

as for the draw..... our fault we had dropped so low in the world seedings,
    ...... it was always going to be tough:(

i would wish Wales good luck....... but as a true Rugby fan you know that won,t
    be happening :p ...... but once again pleased for you :D
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    Morning, afternoon etc etc

How are we all? DO NOT MENTION the rugby!

Picked out the units for our new bathroom to be fitted next year, made some soup and re-read the notes from my course! New section starts tomorrow!

Have to have another blood test, blood pressure check etc. Wouldn't you know it, on the way home from the bathroom place had another optical migraine, drank some water - which had been sitting in the car for over 6 months. O/H then told me I might get legionnaires disease. Just what I needed when I was feeling rotten!

So sorry you're still not feeling great, as for your Hubs, he needs to work on
    his comforting words...... bloody legionnaires ....sod him lol :D

but its sounds like you're being very productive.....bathroom picked out , soup and course
    never know were you find the time :D
  • augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    surely water stays relatively pure? I too have heard not to drink water from a bottle that has been left open for too long, but how long is too long?

This has always been a source of confusion for me, as surely bottled water is pure when it is first put into the bottle, it doesn't need refrigeration, so how does it go off? And on these survival shows contestants seem to drink water that looks horribly dirty, and yet survive? animals drink from puddles and thrive? And water is relatively neutral, so without any sugars or food sources, what do germs and bacteria survive on?
    Forum Member
    But this is being too serious!

I am trying to think of something light and fluffy to distract me......Does anyone know any good jokes?
    Forum Member
    Rugby!!!

I'm now supporting Wales. I do agree with you - stupid to put top 4 teams in one group!

In fact, we are going to Wales soon - not for the rugby, but for a break from Window repairing, optical headaches, housework etc etc. Lovely place in the Wye Valley that we have been going to for years and years. Wonderful food and wonderful setting!
    Forum Member
    augusta92 wrote: »
    surely water stays relatively pure? I too have heard not to drink water from a bottle that has been left open for too long, but how long is too long?

This has always been a source of confusion for me, as surely bottled water is pure when it is first put into the bottle, it doesn't need refrigeration, so how does it go off? And on these survival shows contestants seem to drink water that looks horribly dirty, and yet survive? animals drink from puddles and thrive? And water is relatively neutral, so without any sugars or food sources, what do germs and bacteria survive on?

I thought so too, but guess different temperatures and sunlight can change things!
    Forum Member
    But this is being too serious!

I am trying to think of something light and fluffy to distract me......Does anyone know any good jokes?

I'm a terrible joke teller. I do remember one though - don't think it's very funny though:

What does a Spanish fireman call his son? Hose A;-)
    Forum Member
    Morning all

How are we all? No signs of Legionnaires thank goodness, but I've had yet another optical headache - 2nd one in 4 days. Don't know if it is due to the weather. Of course we have flood alerts etc. Think I'm going to have to go on high blood pressure pills.

Just finished the course work for second week. Learning all about the Mitanni, Egyptians etc etc. Fascinating. Will do another course as I'm enjoying this one so much. Learning to read hieroglyphics and cunieform (specific type).

Pesky squirrel is driving me crazy. Caught him/her trying to remove the chicken wire from my pots - a couple of heavy stones seem to have thwarted him!

No new pics or info about John. Would love to see some of his modelling photos. He did that before he went into the BB house, didn't he?

Have a good day all. Must get the house tidy - floors to wash, ironing mountain to tackle. . .
  • Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning all

How are we all? No signs of Legionnaires thank goodness, but I've had yet another optical headache - 2nd one in 4 days. Don't know if it is due to the weather. Of course we have flood alerts etc. Think I'm going to have to go on high blood pressure pills.

Just finished the course work for second week. Learning all about the Mitanni, Egyptians etc etc. Fascinating. Will do another course as I'm enjoying this one so much. Learning to read hieroglyphics and cunieform (specific type).

Pesky squirrel is driving me crazy. Caught him/her trying to remove the chicken wire from my pots - a couple of heavy stones seem to have thwarted him!

No new pics or info about John. Would love to see some of his modelling photos. He did that before he went into the BB house, didn't he?

Have a good day all. Must get the house tidy - floors to wash, ironing mountain to tackle. . .

Sounds really interesting nyannie. Did you see Cleopatra's Lost Tomb on C4 on Sunday evening? Repeated tonight at 8pm on 4seven.

ITV have a new drama called Tutankhamun, starring Sam Neill as Lord Carnarvon and Max Irons as archaeologist Howard Carter. It's in four-parts following the search for the pharoah's tomb.
    Going to have to wait a while to see it though as filming begins this winter in South Africa.
    Forum Member
    Lena J wrote: »
    Sounds really interesting nyannie. Did you see Cleopatra's Lost Tomb on C4 on Sunday evening? Repeated tonight at 8pm on 4seven.

ITV have a new drama called Tutankhamun, starring Sam Neill as Lord Carnarvon and Max Irons as archaeologist Howard Carter. It's in four-parts following the search for the pharoah's tomb.
    Going to have to wait a while to see it though as filming begins this winter in South Africa.

No, I didn't see Cleopatra but looking forward to the ITV series.

Just read a rather academic paper on cunieform - my eyes are getting cross-eyed:o
  • Dan_CarterDan_Carter Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    According to a comment made by John on instagram, he said that he hopes to come to the UK to DJ soon.
    Forum Member
    I'm a terrible joke teller. I do remember one though - don't think it's very funny though:

What does a Spanish fireman call his son? Hose A;-)

Well done Nyannie........ That made me giggle :D

and so please you have no sign of the old Legionnaires :D
    actually not sure what the symptoms are :confused:
    but i,m sure its something extremely unpleasant :o

Well not much happening here......... got a couple of parties to attend this weekend

and of course My beloved Liverpool has a new manager
    a Mr Klopp ...... think he might be very good :D
    Forum Member
    Dan_Carter wrote: »
    According to a comment made by John on instagram, he said that he hopes to come to the UK to DJ soon.

Wow that sounds good, hope it works out for him :D
    Forum Member
    it would be nice to see John in the UK DJing.

your course sounds interesting Nyannie, I am fascinated by some of the ancient civilisations, I have taught elements of it at school, which meant researching it as well to find out the salient and interesting points! Teaching hieroglyphs as a kind of code was always fun.

The ancient Maya are a civilisation I would like to know more about. and the ancient norse civilisations. There is quite a lot of information about the Egyptians, but as their civilisation lasted over so many centuries its not always that clear or consistent. what is going on! Our kind of civilisation and self government has lasted a couple of thousand years, but didn't the Egyptians hold power for much longer! ( Before the Greeks and romans, took over the mediteranean region?)
    Forum Member
    I loved the joke as well...xxx
    Forum Member
    Morning all.

Thanks Dan for the info - will try and find out where John is DJing - would love to see him - and I'd love to see him model.

Been busy catching up with friends and carrying on with decluttering. Also need to sort out how much our party is going to cost. M&S and Waitrose do such nice party food don't think we need a caterer. We will make some of the things ourselves too. Can you freeze quiche lorraine?

Dentist and movie - seeing Macbeth. Also got the last two tickets at our local cinema for a live screening of Hamlet. Busy busy!!!!

Enjoy the rest of this glorious day.
    Forum Member
    Im sure you can freeze quiche, you can buy them from the frozen cabinet cant you?

I wonder if we need to do a party for Christmas, they are fun to organise, but I wont do the cooking, ! I just buy things in........

only a couple of months away!!
    Forum Member
    Im sure you can freeze quiche, you can buy them from the frozen cabinet cant you?

I wonder if we need to do a party for Christmas, they are fun to organise, but I wont do the cooking, ! I just buy things in........

Don't remind me about Christmas. I managed to post all my overseas cards and parcels last week - what an expense!

We aren't going to have a party this Christmas but have a small one for our anniversary next year - maybe in the Spring so people can go outside.

Well, best be off. Have a lovely day.
    Forum Member
    Morning all.

Thanks Dan for the info - will try and find out where John is DJing - would love to see him - and I'd love to see him model.

Been busy catching up with friends and carrying on with decluttering. Also need to sort out how much our party is going to cost. M&S and Waitrose do such nice party food don't think we need a caterer. We will make some of the things ourselves too. Can you freeze quiche lorraine?

Dentist and movie - seeing Macbeth. Also got the last two tickets at our local cinema for a live screening of Hamlet. Busy busy!!!!

Enjoy the rest of this glorious day.

Yes you can freeze quiche's

went to a lovely drinks party at the weekend

she started with lovely little canapés , you know the norm salmon and cream cheese, sushi the general sort of mix

then we were invited into the dinning room
    where she had laid out the most enormous cheese board i have ever seen
    huge slabs of cheeses with such a selection of breads and biscuits
    pates chutneys olives and fruits, for something so simple it went down very well
    and pretty easy to do
    and a special mention goes to wherever she found her fresh figs

you always sound so busy Nyannie, not sure where you find the time :D
    Forum Member

i'm huge fan of Christmas
    thinking of holding a tree trimming party this year
    i,ve nicked the idea of the Americans :D

by the way on John's Twitter he put up a sample of his DJ Music
    its very good :D but loud :blush::D
    Forum Member
    what a good idea to do a tree trimming party, only issue could be, what if they want to add something awful or not part of your overall design?

or do you only let them trim the tree with selected baubles?

that might work ....:-D

I need to get through Halloween and family bdays before I get around to Christmas planning......Its also nearly my wedding anniversary.....which we often forget! But I am starting to think any excuse for a party!!

how is everyone?
  • Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good morning, hope you're all well. :)

O/h has been on holiday this week so the poor s*d and his paint brush has been pressed into action once again. :blush::D

Weather's been so grey and miserable it makes the sky seem like it's falling in.
    We're only in October and I'm struggling already. :(

The heating has only been on early morning and evenings and I'm wrapped up like an eskimo :blush: but once the paintbrushes are put away on Sunday afternoon that boiler is going on 24hrs setting and b*gger the bills. :o

The sun has decided to show it's face today albeit intermittent, still better than nothing. :)