State of Decay - out this June!

123457»

Comments

• 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    TU3 came out today if anyone missed the news. If you have a large community there's a small chance you may have to start a new game, but in my case I was ok. Very nice to take community members with you on supply runs and missions, makes the game easier though. This game desperately needs a hardcore difficulty slider.

Undead Labs have at least stated those looking for a challenge, the upcoming sandbox mode will offer that.
  • logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers for the info 2D, will try it over the weekend i think. Do you know how much the sandbox mode will add/differ to what is already pretty much a free roaming game?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i updated and....All is good! I could continue from where i left off, missions weren't being chucked at me at a dizzying rate and it didn't crash on me! Am gonna really get stuck into it now and start playing it a bit more recklessly (which got a survivor killed last night) as i wanna get it completed for GTA5.
    Forum Member
    Good to hear, I'm also gonna play through it now on TU3. It seems to of fixed most of the issues for me.

Not really sure what the Sandbox mode will entail tbh, but I do know it will offer a much greater challenge if you want it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finished it last night, not sure what to think tbh. I know my bad handling of resources hampered the whole experience! Tempted to play it over though which is unusual for me, but i won't say any more and spoil for anyone...looking at you 2D!
    Forum Member
    I'm nearly there, I've not reached the ending so I'm not sure what to expect but I've got most achievements now. I've literally poured countless hours into this superb game and still leveling up my characters, which I might stop doing now as I have a community of over 15 people and running out of space despite building a bunkhouse on top of main sleeping quarters and didn't want to move again to a bigger base before I finish the story.

I hope you enjoyed the ending, for me it's been one of the most engrossing sandbox experiences I've had, with the only flaw being the technical hiccups.

I'll say one thing about playing through multiple times, it's amazing how different each game can be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what makes me want to play it through again. On this play my mechanic died early on so no cars got fixed,i only realised i could order new cars right at the end and i never moved people around (or used them for missions, staying with marcus). On the other hand, i did find it very repetitive so am unsure if i wanna spend time clearing out infestations.
    I never felt as though i was "progressing" and clearing out the area and making it safe.. But maybe that was my fault not playing the game right?
    Forum Member
    When you complete the game does it allow you to carry on playing? I'm at what I think is the last mission (escape from the town) but didn't want to take the plunge yet until I've raided the entire town. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After completing, it takes you back to the main menu. When i pressed "continue" it took me back to immediatly before the "Leave Town Mission". So you can mess around but no missions seemed be available. As i've said before though i had a few problems with the game crashing and such so you might have a different experience. Let me know your thoughts when you complete it, i'm interested to know because i know i missed a lot of side missions and am pretty curious to find out if i missed any big set pieces.
    Forum Member
    OK thanks, I may as well complete it then, I'll get back to you. The only achievement I'm missing is the self-sacrifice "You always were an asshole Gorman". Not sure how you do that?
    Forum Member
    Just watch the Microsoft Studios live TwitchTV steam with Undead Labs.

New DLC announced! "State of Decay: Breakdown",
      Tons of new weapons (melee and firearms with new mods)
      New characters (unlockable)
      Sandbox mode
      Rearranged game world, resources and zombies
      Built for replayability
      Harder difficulty, unlockable modes
      New achievements

There were other details that I didn't catch as the stream was playing up.
    Forum Member
    Breakdown came out yesterday, priced at under £6, comes with the latest title update too. Will be playing it later and will post impressions. It's the perfect excuse to go back to this gem of a game!

(360 controller feels weird after using the X1 for a week! the sticks are horrible in comparison lol)
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed this game first time round and only just seen it on Steam for sale at £7.49 so going to give it a go.
    Forum Member
    So far so good, disappointing you have to start from the very beginning and cannot carry anything over from your end game save making the start a bit of a grind. The good news is the latest TU has improved the perfomance a touch and ironed out a few bugs, one of the best improvements is the revised loot system and checks your home inventory before offering new content meaning you are always discovering new objects and weapons. Another is the ability to check where your AI housemates are on the map.

Lots of fun to be had here, the zombies are even more threatening in Breakdown though I'm yet to even move on from stage 1. It's a cool sandbox mode though for people who just want more of the same.
  • Chelsea SaintChelsea Saint Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A little late to the party here, but picked this up earlier at a rare, Steam Sale eclipsing price of just £6.74 on XBL. And after a quick 60 minute ’get to know you’ foray, it's looking more than useful. Liking it's open world and seemingly deep RPG elements, which are very much my gaming niche. Yea, pleased with this one.
    Forum Member
    Undead Labs have just announced a second expansion entitled State of Decay: Lifeline. No firm details have been given as of yet other than it will feature a new map and is aiming for simultaneous release on PC and 360. LINK

Unexpected but great news.
    Forum Member
    State of Decay: Lifeline out this Friday! I'm so hyped for this expansion, not sure how much it costs but little details like that don't matter ;) it should come with the latest and perhaps final Title Update so you can expect a number of tweaks and enhancements as well.
    Forum Member
    Hooray. :kitty: Lifeline is now available on the Marketplace link

There also appears to be some new achievements for Lifeline along with Breakdown too.
  • Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    Just bought the two DLC's for this game, they're only £2.79 each right now in the weekly sale. Overall, I only paid £12 for the whole game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Played the demo and loved it need to get around to picking the full game up.
    Forum Member
    Anyone excited for the announcement of State of Decay: Year One Edition on Xbox One? Due to be released Spring next year the game features all of the previous DLC along with some new, as yet unannounced content, improved animations and reworking of the engine to bring it up to spec for the new generation.

I was hoping this would happen as it really struggled on 360, though it's fair to say that just made it even more loveable. :D
  • the ocelotthe ocelot Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    My friend showed me this game on his 360 last year, and I just found out about this next gen edition. I think this might be a good opportunity to get an Xbox One alongside my PS4 as there is still a shortage of decent games, and State of Decay looked like a lot of fun, actual survival involved rather than just combat.

Though the game looked rather unpolished as I recall because it was just an XBLA, is this game getting redone from scratch or just remastered?