Will Anyone Buy Chris Brown's New Album?!

Comments

• Arsene wengerArsene wenger Posts: 4,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want the *worst* to happen to him. I wish him the best in getting the help he needs to prevent something like this happening again. I don't think he should be punished forever.... people need to eat.

That said I don't like his music.
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    No, but I don't like him anyway. If I did, I would stop buying his music. I wouldn't want to be giving money to a woman-beater.

Agreed.
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally think it's very immoral to buy records of an artist who has done such an inhumane thing to another person (who definitely didn't deserve it).
  • Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I shan't be purchasing. I do hope his career suffers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    prasanth wrote: »
    Surely, if you do buy the record, it would simply mean you are supporting his music.

It doesn't mean you are supporting domestic violence.

Well, you would be giving him money....
  • StrawberryheartStrawberryheart Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be buying his next album, I don't care about the Rihanna incident, nor do I think he should end his career over her, if the music is good, then what does his personal life, got to do with his music?

I also wouldn't consider someone who hit their girlfriend on their first occasion of being violent towards their partner to be a woman beater, its not like his has a history of abuse towards woman, sure he had other girlfriends before Rihanna, it's not like he had pattern where he goes around beating up woman for the fun of it, now that's a real woman beater!!

Stupid people, stop acting like he is known to beat up woman for years behind close doors, now that's a woman beater.
  • LemonPledgeLemonPledge Posts: 6,277
    Forum Member
    ^^ How do you know that that was the first occasion? She could have simply hid it from the public.

Also I think you're the 'stupid' one for giving money to a woman beater.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^ How do you know that that was the first occasion? She could have simply hid it from the public.

Also I think you're the 'stupid' one for giving money to a woman beater.
    If he beat her up before in the past, it would of came up during the court case, no I ain't the stupid one, I don't buy music due to what the person is like or what they've have done in their life, I buy music, If I like the songs and enjoy the music the artist makes, I can separate the person and the music.

I'll be giving money to a talented artist, not a person the media portrays as a bad person, I don't know him and wasn't there and their problems don't affect me.

The media portrays Rihanna as this innocent victim, who wouldn't hurt a fly or slap a man in an arguement :rolleyes: and many of you people will still buy her albums, if she came out and said she is violent as well, the difference is she's a female, weak in the eyes of society. Hitting is wrong both ways, male and female!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be buying his next album, I don't care about the Rihanna incident, nor do I think he should end his career over her, if the music is good, then what does his personal life, got to do with his music?

I also wouldn't consider someone who hit their girlfriend on their first occasion of being violent towards their partner to be a woman beater, its not like his has a history of abuse towards woman, sure he had other girlfriends before Rihanna, it's not like he had pattern where he goes around beating up woman for the fun of it, now that's a real woman beater!!

Stupid people, stop acting like he is known to beat up woman for years behind close doors, now that's a woman beater.

What is wrong with you?

First of all, he even admitted domestic violence runs in his family and there have been past incidents involving him and Rihanna (like him shoving her against the wall).

Secondly, Rihanna's a woman. He beat her. he's a WOMAN BEATER. :rolleyes:

You are the stupid person. Are you those sort of CB fans where CB can do no wrong in your eyes? :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    I wander if Chris Brown will actually do that community service? Or if he'll just go home and stab Rihanna with the litterpick instead.

I'm not sure where i stand on buying his music after such a horrific crime, people talk about seperating the artist from the music, but i personally find that quite a hard thing to do. Their music is art which has come from them, and being inspired by them, which in this case, is a wifebeater.

I imagine his new singles wont get a great deal of airplay anyway.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The media portrays Rihanna as this innocent victim, who wouldn't hurt a fly or slap a man in an arguement :rolleyes:

I must confess to taking some kind of strange pleasure in reading your impassioned defences of Chris Brown - on this thread and on many others.

You clearly try and justify his actions by writing things like "the media portrays Rihanna as this innocent victim" as if to imply that Brown himself is also a victim.

You try and tag on a hasty disclaimer to cover yourself with "Hitting is wrong both ways, male and female!" but still trip yourself up because by saying "male and female" there's still the tacit suggestion that she hit him first so she in some way deserved the response.

Did you actually read the police report ?

Or would this contradict the version you've clearly got in your head ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I won't buy it.
    Not because he's a slimeball who beat his girlfriend up but because I think he is a pile of overrated rubbish.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    What is wrong with you?

First of all, he even admitted domestic violence runs in his family and there have been past incidents involving him and Rihanna (like him shoving her against the wall).

Secondly, Rihanna's a woman. He beat her. he's a WOMAN BEATER. :rolleyes:

You are the stupid person. Are you those sort of CB fans where CB can do no wrong in your eyes? :rolleyes:
    I like the way you missed out the bit, where she slapped him, just before he shove her against the wall, why would he react like that ?? because she slapped him, sounds like they had a heated relationship to me, don't hit someone and they won't hit back, If Rihanna beat his ass, would you call her a Man Beater, I think not because a woman can fight a man, it's not as bad society thinks.

I must be one of the few who think it's equally as bad when both woman and men are violent and attack each other :rolleyes:.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    don't hit someone and they won't hit back

she didn't hit him .. once again, have you read the police report or are you still convincing yourself of the pro-brown version of events where he was justified in his attack because she supposedly hit him first ?
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MikePJB wrote: »
    If his music is good then i'll be buying it. I've always been a fan of his stuff. I'm also a fan of Rihanna and will be buying her album to.

There is a thread about Gary Glitter at the moment. A similar situation. Do you ignore what they have done and just think about the music or does playing/buying the music condone what they have done. In both cases the same rule should apply as what they have BOTH done should NOT be condoned, however I personally will seperate the music from their actions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the way you missed out the bit, where she slapped him, just before he shove her against the wall, why would he react like that ?? because she slapped him, sounds like they had a heated relationship to me, don't hit someone and they won't hit back, If Rihanna beat his ass, would you call her a Man Beater, I think not because a woman can fight a man, it's not as bad society thinks.

I must be one of the few who think it's equally as bad when both woman and men are violent and attack each other :rolleyes:.

A slap is hardly as shove against the wall. :rolleyes: You see people slap others in eastenders etc, you don't see people shove others against a wall or bite their ear or punch them in the eye. :rolleyes:

I think men and women should be treated equally if they did the same thing but Rihanna's actions are nowhere near as half as bad as Chris'.

Stop making petty, weak excuses for a 'man' who is clearly in the wrong. You are certainly trying to justify what he did. You give me the impression that you are a obsessed CB fan who would go down the Rihanna route :rolleyes:

Btw, i love how you keep avoiding answering another poster's comments about the police report. :sleep:
  • LemonPledgeLemonPledge Posts: 6,277
    Forum Member
    The media portrays Rihanna as this innocent victim, .

This is Rihanna after the attack: http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Entertainment/images-2/rihanna-photo-beating.jpg
    and this is Chris Brown: http://www.accesshollywood.com/content/images/87/230x306/87378_chris-brown-jet-skiing-in-miami-beach.jpg

:confused::rolleyes:
    Hitting is wrong both ways, male and female

Why are you defending what Chris Brown did then? Why are you saying that Rihanna is totally in the wrong for slapping him but Chris Brown is fine even though he tried to kill her. I know you keep saying "If Rihanna done that to him people/'society' would be fine with that" the thing is Rihanna didn't do that to him, he done that to her and that's what we are judging so your 'if' 'ands' or buts are totally pointless and useless.
  • icanboogieicanboogie Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So does it mean it is okay to buy Girls Aloud albums even though Cheryl punched the toilet attendant?

People shouldn't buy Chris Brown's music because it is always the same old pile of shite.
  • SweetlikeheavenSweetlikeheaven Posts: 5,035
    Forum Member
    If they are any good.. then ye I will
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    There is a thread about Gary Glitter at the moment. A similar situation. Do you ignore what they have done and just think about the music or does playing/buying the music condone what they have done. In both cases the same rule should apply as what they have BOTH done should NOT be condoned, however I personally will seperate the music from their actions.

yes continually sexually abusing children, robbing them of their innocence is the same as punching rihanna in the face
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    icanboogie wrote: »
    So does it mean it is okay to buy Girls Aloud albums even though Cheryl punched the toilet attendant?

People shouldn't buy Chris Brown's music because it is always the same old pile of shite.

The toilet attendant punched her first ;)
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    !J! wrote: »
    yes continually sexually abusing children, robbing them of their innocence is the same as punching rihanna in the face

In as much that they are both horrific crimes, then yes.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Are you joking?? :confused:
  • superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    The toilet attendant punched her first ;)

Yet she was the one charged for it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't be buying it because he was rubbish way before the incident.