Options

Marco's Kitchen Wars

12346»

Comments

• Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    didnt Nick and Marco fall out a few years ago not that that's unsual for Marco
  • Options
    MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am unaware of that but I get the feeling that Nick wanted to increase his profile. He saw himself as one of the stars of Hells Kitchen and was right out of order telling off that waiter for coming to the counter too often - loved Marco telling HIM off for telling off the waiter. 'I'm in the show NOT you!' is what he said to the poor waiter...what a todger-tugger.
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marco is on The Wright Stuff on Wednesday...wonder if he'll be wielding his chopper there too!
  • Options
    amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,848
    Forum Member
    This is the second programme of the series I've watched and the format is too repetitive with not enough variation. Always Marco wielding the knife, always too little attention on the cooking/recipe. It's become boring....actually nodded off! Don't think I'll make it to the London chef cook-off. Maybe it's not Marco's fault but whoever designed the programme format...needs pepping up, e..g more emphasis on the cooking and less on the surrounding hype.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Bump. The first semi-final is just starting. :)
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Semi-final already?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Julia and John who seem a nice couple look most in control at this stage. The proof will be in the pudding, though.

EDIT: Eek, that hair on someone's plate won't do them any favours!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why are all the restaurant inspectors eating off the same menu? Seems a bit counter productive.

Julia and John are losing it a bit now. Don't think they'll get through.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not hard to see who wears the trousers in this relationship.
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Olivier is my pick.
  • Options
    Neda_TurkNeda_Turk Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Parental warning: Do not walk around with a big knife and never eat food off of it! (Or with your fingers either Marco!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd walk out of her restaurant if she started that shrieking.
  • Options
    Neda_TurkNeda_Turk Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Re Singing:

Trying too hard and desperate or what?! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Right result.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dome wrote: »
    Right result.
    Yes, agreed. I was initially rooting for the older couple but it simply wasn't their day and no way he could send them through on that performance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    dome wrote: »
    I'd walk out of her restaurant if she started that shrieking.
    Neda_Turk wrote: »
    Re Singing:

Trying too hard and desperate or what?! :rolleyes:

What the hell was that "singing" all about?! She might aswell have force fed folk their dessert or told them to put it in their ears.
    Still rather underwhelmed with this prog and keep expecting a knife throwing extravaganza
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im amazed how these people struggle so much to get the food out there, they do have help other than their partners
  • Options
    seanlbseanlb Posts: 1,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't be only one that just got over excited over Mr Ishi and his wife making a appearance on the show tonight.
  • Options
    abivanabivan Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seanlb wrote: »
    I can't be only one that just got over excited over Mr Ishi and his wife making a appearance on the show tonight.

Hehe..no you weren't...I'm all for Mr Ishi getting his own show! And on the strength of this it may do better ratings wise. Channel 4 should certainly consider it for their 5 o'clock slot. After all he has run a restaurant so he could do some sort of amateur cooking slot with him and others as judges. It would certainly be better than the current Come Dine With Me.
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does Marco walk around with that sharp knife in his hand all the time? I wonder what would happen if he suddenly fell and stabbed himself or a contestant with it?
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does Marco walk around with that sharp knife in his hand all the time? I wonder what would happen if he suddenly fell and stabbed himself or a contestant with it?

He dropped it in one episode of hells kitchen. Luckily it missed his foot!
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    Didn't agree with the result this week at all. I certainly wouldn't go to the restaurant of someone who pre-cooks steak and halibut.