PS4... My ornament!

TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I got a PS4 on launch day because it's probably the only time I'd be able to afford one. I've been playing Ghosts, but I'm not sure I'll bother with the MP.... in fact the only reason I still have is it due to no other games to play on the PS4!

I don't regret buying it, but it's pretty much sat there with little use.

If I do flog Ghosts, can anyone suggest any good games? I know it's been 3 weeks since the PS4 was released so games will be scarce. Part of me feels I just blew £400 on something that looks pretty lol

Comments

• TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was inevitable, I find it a little bizarre that someone would just buy a console without doing any research, although I imagine you aren't alone there. If you had you would have known there is nothing worth playing on it and it'll be that way for months at least.
    I recently bought a PS3 having had a 360 for the past 8 years, I see it easily keeping me busy until there's something worthwhile on the PS4/XBone!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    get the free games, i have not even bought a game yet, when i got my day 1 PS4 i was torn between FIFA and Madden so did not get any games with it thinking i would pick them up during the 1st week of release but i have been playing Resogun / Warframe and now blacklight they are very good games.

I think a lot of people including myself dismissed Resogun until they played it.......so addictive :)

I will be getting AC4 black flag due to the huge price drop :D
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about the ac4 deal void?
    Unless ac isn't your seen. ..which I don't think is mine.

Quite a few demos on the store too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Killzone was fun
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The highlight of my PS4 experience was watching BBCiplayer! :p

(Magnificent bit of kit but the games are terrible ATM! :( ... I'm glad I made a profit when I flogged it 2 CEX!) :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weird. I have bf4 my main event. Im also looking fwd to killzone. Wife has lego marvel. Son getting fifa. Weve quit a few demos too plus the 2 freebie plus games.
    Can't find the time to get round them all.

Love it.
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does probably sound weird I bought a PS4 now when there's not many games, but like I said, if I waited a year I may not have had the money for it.

I am enjoying Ghosts, but can't see me playing the MP. I may get Lego Marvel Superheros actually. Played the demo but didn't really get the point of collecting all the silver/gold parts.

I started Contrast which is quite good. I'm kinda put off keeping games I buy though at the moment with them having a resale value of £40.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    What about the ac4 deal void?
    Unless ac isn't your seen. ..which I don't think is mine.

Quite a few demos on the store too.

Yeah I saw the AC offer, but only ever played the first one and hated it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably not for you then. I've still got version 3 on ps3 unstarted.

I think you need patience for lego. My wife will collect every morsel until she has 100% but that takes a lot of dedication and repeating levels.
    It also is same as ps3 gfx other than lack of screen tear and no freezing.
    Lego games generally drop in price after a few weeks...though not sure about ps4 versions.
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »
    It does probably sound weird I bought a PS4 now when there's not many games, but like I said, if I waited a year I may not have had the money for it.

To be fair to you, when you pre-ordered your console there was probably more games on the horizon that you looked forward to - I mean Infamous and Watch Dogs were delayed even minecraft was a launch title at one point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Probably not for you then. I've still got version 3 on ps3 unstarted.

I think you need patience for lego. My wife will collect every morsel until she has 100% but that takes a lot of dedication and repeating levels.
    It also is same as ps3 gfx other than lack of screen tear and no freezing.
    Lego games generally drop in price after a few weeks...though not sure about ps4 versions.

To be fair, the PS4 will be here now for at least 6 years so there's plenty of time. I'll be going from PS4 to PS3 and then to PS4, between games.
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lack of games I would like are the reason I don't get a PS4 yet. I watched some walkthroughs on youtube, eg Killzone ...ok game, but I've played games like that so often now, I'm rather sick of them and I'm not going to get a PS4 JUST because of the graphics.
    Probably the ONLY game franchise so far that would make me buy one like as a shot is Fallout 4, but god knows when that will be.

Although A new half life might also persuade me, as long as the don't "Max payne 3" it!.
    Forum Member
    PS3 still getting plenty of use

Will be doing SF on hard soon as well
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, the PS4 will be here now for at least 6 years so there's plenty of time. I'll be going from PS4 to PS3 and then to PS4, between games.

I'd recommend AC4. Have never been a fan of the series however I'm enjoying this one mainly due to the pirate aspect of it.

It's a nice long game with plenty to do in it and will certainly keep you occupied for a few months.

I tend to go between PS4, PC and PS3 at the moment with the odd Vita time thrown in so the current lack of games (it is a new console after all!) isn't bothering me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jokerz wrote: »
    I'd recommend AC4. Have never been a fan of the series however I'm enjoying this one mainly due to the pirate aspect of it.

It's a nice long game with plenty to do in it and will certainly keep you occupied for a few months.

I tend to go between PS4, PC and PS3 at the moment with the odd Vita time thrown in so the current lack of games (it is a new console after all!) isn't bothering me.

Do you need to have played the others though to follow the story? Only tempted because it works out to be £28 for a digital PS4 game!
  • steven123steven123 Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    The highlight of my PS4 experience was watching BBCiplayer! :p

(Magnificent bit of kit but the games are terrible ATM! :( ... I'm glad I made a profit when I flogged it 2 CEX!) :D

Games are a personal preference but I'd have to disagree, considering the PS4 is not yet even one month old (from EU/UK launch date) I'd say it is doing remarkably well for games.

Trouble is most people look at the boxed games in a shop (or maybe an online shop for the smarter shoppers :D ) and assume that's all there is... Big Mistake!

Resogun is free with Plus and actually the PS4's best exclusive game. I say best exclusive because I'd say the game I have enjoyed the most by far of the launch line up is NFS: Rivals. I know it's multiplatform and people like to hate EA but the fact remains they make some damn fine games and NFS Rivals happens to be one of the best! Tonnes of gameplay with the Cop and Racer careers, the online aspect is really cool but is entirely handled by the game so you can turn off the voice chat and totally ignore it if you wish. Plus it looks lush so helps you to justify your PS4 purchase too.

I must say, despite having a number of other games including big names like Killzone, BF4 and AC4 (thanks to the 12 days deals :) ) I still find myself firing up NFS Rivals and Resogun the most by far and hence they are highly recommended.
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also highly recommend AC4. You don't need to have played the others to enjoy this one or for the story.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also highly recommend AC4. You don't need to have played the others to enjoy this one or for the story.

Really? I hated the first one, which put me off all the others.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you need to have played the others though to follow the story? Only tempted because it works out to be £28 for a digital PS4 game!

No don't worry about the other games. I've played the 1st one and yep dull as! AC2 was good but never finished.

AC4 though is lots of fun. Loads to do do and even if you get board of the standard missions (free running in the towns) then you can have a shed load of fun playing pirate and upgrading your ship.

Trust me - its a very very good game that will last you a few months. If you have PSN PLus its 17.99 for the PS3 version with the 9.99 added on. As you said 28 quid for a PS4 game is a steal.
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? I hated the first one, which put me off all the others.

The first game has been universally accepted as the worst one of the series - AC3 is good but suffers from too many loading screens. AC2 is probably one of the best sandbox games ever. It is better than every GTA I have played.

They learnt a lot from the criticism AC1 got.
    Forum Member
    jcafcw wrote: »
    The first game has been universally accepted as the worst one of the series - AC3 is good but suffers from too many loading screens. AC2 is probably one of the best sandbox games ever. It is better than every GTA I have played.

They learnt a lot from the criticism AC1 got.

I prefer 1 to 3 greatly
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Another vote for AC4

Seriously loving that game on my PS4!

Along with BF4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks - AC4 is installed, just been too ill to start it lol