Options

The Witcher 3

Comments

• Options
    shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What difficulty are you guys playing on? I killed the werewolf quite easily with my level 1 silver sword. My light attacks easily countered his health regen, but I have put points into light attack.
  • Options
    PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shaddler wrote: »
    What difficulty are you guys playing on? I killed the werewolf quite easily with my level 1 silver sword. My light attacks easily countered his health regen, but I have put points into light attack.

For me my difficulty is on Blood and Broken Bones! which I think is third difficulty rank.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shaddler wrote: »

Second difficulty. I restarted once I learned the mechanics, thunderbolt is very useful. Dodge and strike, dodge and strike. I find it pointless trying to counter anything other than a human.
  • Options
    Chelsea SaintChelsea Saint Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 million sales in two weeks is an appropriate testament to this titles quality. GOTY for me, doubt if even my beloved PGA Tour will receive more attention.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I've just finished the main story. My ending was
    Ciri sacrificed herself to stop the world from freezing. Geralt met her father and told him what happened and that her body would never be found. He then went to old ruins & met with a swordsmith and received a sword with Ciri/swallow engraved on it. Finally, Geralt went to the inn in White Orchard and met a hooded figure; Ciri!! He gave her the sword & she became a Witcher
  • Options
    Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best way to kill werewolf? The dam thing keeps regenerating it's life!

I don't know if you have beat this yet, but I just did it myself. I was really struggling but it is weak to the mind control sign, I forget what it's called. It lets you get a few good hits in, especially effective if you use Thunderbolt. I did that 3 times and it died pretty easy.

I just finished the ladies of the wood quest, those ladies are.... interesting. the whole thing genuinely creeped me out. I have to say I'm loving this game so far.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    I don't know if you have beat this yet, but I just did it myself. I was really struggling but it is weak to the mind control sign, I forget what it's called. It lets you get a few good hits in, especially effective if you use Thunderbolt. I did that 3 times and it died pretty easy.

I just finished the ladies of the wood quest, those ladies are.... interesting. the whole thing genuinely creeped me out. I have to say I'm loving this game so far.

Axii is the mind control spell. Did you notice one of the ladies had a poppy pod for an eye? The thing that was used for the 'shampoo or bras can cause insects to nest in your skin' myth.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Just got nailed this morning by Jenny in the Woods, thinking this was a lvl 6 quest and I'm lvl 9 I thought it would be a walk in the woods (literally), need to prepare for this methinks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wish there was a way to de clutter the map so that only certain things show up eg monster nests, question marks etc
  • Options
    Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got nailed this morning by Jenny in the Woods, thinking this was a lvl 6 quest and I'm lvl 9 I thought it would be a walk in the woods (literally), need to prepare for this methinks

The magic trap spell is useful for that one. Specter oil as well if you have it.
  • Options
    Forum Member

With that one, I done it really early on. I used Yrden & slashed away at her when she entered. When my health got low, I'd run away, meditate for a hour and go back. Your health was full but their's was how you left them
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member

I tried jenny in the woods at level 10 (its a lvl 10 quest) and got my arse handed to me. Hardest fight of the game so far by a long way, even with Yrden and spectre oil. She takes about 1/3 of your health with the annoying shoot through you move and then regenerates hers.

Gave up after about 6 attempts. I'm level 15 now so i think we are probably due a re-match..
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    OMTT wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to de clutter the map so that only certain things show up eg monster nests, question marks etc

I wish you could filter the crafting interface only to show items of your level and above which have not yet been crafted. Its way too cluttered with stuff im not interested in any more.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Did you notice one of the ladies had a poppy pod for an eye?

Ha! I thought it was a wasp/bee's nest or something with the black things flying out and around her head...
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vast_Girth wrote: »
    I wish you could filter the crafting interface only to show items of your level and above which have not yet been crafted. Its way too cluttered with stuff im not interested in any more.

That would be handy, or at least show the required level number next to the name on the list.

I seem to be seeing the same NPC faces quite a lot so would have been good if they'd used some more face types.

Minor quibbles though. I'm hoping this game actually just goes on forever.
  • Options
    PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »

There is a way to do this, you can select filters (triangle of PS4 which I think is Yellow on Xbox?) and then go down the list selecting which ones you see
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There is a way to do this, you can select filters (triangle of PS4 which I think is Yellow on Xbox?) and then go down the list selecting which ones you see

Thanks! Having played 100+ hours, I've never once noticed this :blush:
  • Options
    davies24davies24 Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    I've managed to get my bug/glitch free death march file up to the same mission as my first play-through now, the 'Get Junior' and 'Count Reuven's Treasure' missions. I was level 16 at this point first time around, although playing on blood and broken bones, and now find myself at 1277/1500 on level 14. I've barely done any exploration though so I'm sure I'll hit the previous level and then some when I go and reveal the ?'s.

Anybody know if the Destination:Skellige quest forces you to stay on the islands until you complete certain tasks? The lowest quest I have available now - Following the Thread (level 11) - requires me to travel to Skellige but I haven't yet been there. Ideally I want to get this quest done before I'm too high a level to gain exp from it. But then at the same time if I get locked on to Skellige I don't want to risk getting overleveled for the other remaining quests I have left in the Velen/Novigrad area.
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I feel like it's a glitch that armourers or blacksmiths don't show up on the world map. Would make life easier as I just have to wander aimlessly until I see one.
  • Options
    Sam_Williams1Sam_Williams1 Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    Anybody got any tips on where to go and what to do once i leave White Orchad? I just keep dying wherever i seem to go. I tried the Werewolf quest but im fed up of that, need a stronger silver sword, and all the enemies seem to be significantly higher levels.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd stick with the main quest for a bit go see the baron etc, after that you should have a few more levels and you'll come across some lower level quests and contracts :)
  • Options
    Sam_Williams1Sam_Williams1 Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    kendoguk wrote: »
    I'd stick with the main quest for a bit go see the baron etc, after that you should have a few more levels and you'll come across some lower level quests and contracts :)

Thanks. At what point is it best to put the main quest on the back burner so to speak?
  • Options
    davies24davies24 Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Thanks. At what point is it best to put the main quest on the back burner so to speak?

First thing I would do is spend an hour or so going to all of the notice boards in Velen, could even do the areas east of Novigrad, to unlock all the current available quests. Just jump on Roach and floor it between each one to avoid running into something you can't handle.

Then go through your quest list and do them in order from lowest to highest. The Baron and Keira main quests alone will put you up afew levels and will give you a little more breathing space when you go exploring.

Whichever way you go about it you'll end up over level'd. I've done alot less exploration this time around, and still find myself close to level 17, but am only up to the level 12 quests in my list. That's on the highest difficulty as well.
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoying this so far, although movement is a bit iffy and combat seems relatively simple, but the story is making up for it.

Boy oh boy do they punish you for dying though. Those re-loading times after a death are truly horrific.
  • Options
    shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm having an odd time with this game. I like it but at the same time a lot of things about it annoy me to the point of almost abandoning it. The biggest annoyances for me are the fast travel system, the lack of storage, and the crafting. These three things combine to create an enormous headache.

Yesterday I was in Novigrad and all I wanted to do was find a merchant to sell off my junk to create space in my inventory (which is full of crafting ingredients that you're forced to lug around with you as there's no storage facility, and the fact the game showers you in loot everywhere you go doesn't help).

You'd think a big town like that would be crawling with available merchants, but nope. I found one guy on the docks who had 500 crowns and after buying two things off me he was broke. But I couldn't just fast travel to another town, I had to navigate the streets until I could find a signpost and then I had to scour the enormous map for a merchant who may or may not buy my stuff.

Another annoyance is when you're trying to select something that's on the ground, but when you go to it the X disappears even though you're standing on the damn thing, and so you shuffle around trying to get the perfect position for the marker to appear again.

The game is a diamond in the rough. Love the graphics, the characters and the story telling, but many of the game's systems leave a lot to be desired.