Corrie: Alya looks ill

Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
Forum Member
✭✭
I know she's supposed to be pregnant and upset, but there's something about her face that doesn't look right to me.

Anyone else think the same thing?

Comments

• sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,932
    Forum Member
    I know she's supposed to be pregnant and upset, but there's something about her face that doesn't look right to me.

Anyone else think the same thing?

Perhaps she's acting
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »
    Perhaps she's acting

I doubt it's that - she's not a good actress.
  • notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    I agree she's not quite looked herself lately! Perhaps she was a bit out of sorts when they were filming these episodes!! On the other hand perhaps the make up department have left her with a little less make up to illustrate her as feeling rough with morning sickness etc!! It seems pretty obvious she is going to be pregnant with her one night stand with Jason... another brilliantly innovative story line for us to 'enjoy' over the next few months!! :o

Actually, being Jason I'm amazed that this, as far as I recall will be his first child, though I'm sure someone will remember something I haven't!!
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's the guilt of sleeping with Jason? Was the test actually negative or did Sinead just say that because she was lying about herself?
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,932
    Forum Member
    She always looks like she feels a bit sick to me. Her teeth are always clenched.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She always looks like she feels a bit sick to me. Her teeth are always clenched.
    I agree she's not quite looked herself lately! Perhaps she was a bit out of sorts when they were filming these episodes!! On the other hand perhaps the make up department have left her with a little less make up to illustrate her as feeling rough with morning sickness etc!! It seems pretty obvious she is going to be pregnant with her one night stand with Jason... another brilliantly innovative story line for us to 'enjoy' over the next few months!! :o

Actually, being Jason I'm amazed that this, as far as I recall will be his first child, though I'm sure someone will remember something I haven't!!

I'm glad it's not just me who thinks it.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Perhaps she's acting

I'd say so. Plus they are probably using make up to make her look sickly.
    Forum Member
    In real life i think that somebody that is going through what Alya is would look rough.

Let's face it. She is grieving for the sudden loss of her father, feeling guilt at betraying her religion and boyfriend by getting drunk and sleeping with his friend, worried and scared about what will happen if he and her family find out and now she is being physically sick too, causing worry that she is pregnant.

A half decent actress and make up department would be able to convey that.
  • emilybemilyb Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No I'm pretty sure this would be his first child. He was stepfather to Bethany & some bird turned up one xmas claiming she'd had a one night stand with him & he was the father of her daughter but it turned out she was mistaken & Charlie Stubbs was the dad. Given he's about 32 thats almost unheard of for a soap character! Most of them are becoming grandparents by that age :-)
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To me I would believe she has hyperemesis gravidarum
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If her look is part of the act, then why has nobody said, 'Alya, are you okay - you look absolutely terrible.'
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,827
    Forum Member
    I was thinking last night that she is looking rather ill. She's a stunningly attractive woman but she's not looking her best.

Perhaps she's been forward reading the scripts of what's to come:o
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    In real life i think that somebody that is going through what Alya is would look rough.

Let's face it. She is grieving for the sudden loss of her father, feeling guilt at betraying her religion and boyfriend by getting drunk and sleeping with his friend, wQUOTE]

And didn't all of this happen during Ramadan too. Double trouble for Alya.
    Forum Member
    If her look is part of the act, then why has nobody said, 'Alya, are you okay - you look absolutely terrible.'

They have, Sally has commented on her looking very unwell.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I blame the make up department. Kylie didn't look her best either, which must be hard to make happen
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emilyb wrote: »
    No I'm pretty sure this would be his first child. He was stepfather to Bethany & some bird turned up one xmas claiming she'd had a one night stand with him & he was the father of her daughter but it turned out she was mistaken & Charlie Stubbs was the dad. Given he's about 32 thats almost unheard of for a soap character! Most of them are becoming grandparents by that age :-)
    Is Gary the real dad of Jake, the baby that Tina had for him and Izzy, or was the baby born from an anonymous donor? Gary doesn't seem to take much notice of the baby.
    Forum Member
    Is Gary the real dad of Jake, the baby that Tina had for him and Izzy, or was the baby born from an anonymous donor? Gary doesn't seem to take much notice of the baby.

Gary is Jake's biological father yes, and Izzy the mother.

He might as well not exist to Gary now for all we see of them together.