Options

The ORIGINAL Sugababes are coming back

Comments

• Options
    Jake2008Jake2008 Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE mutya's voice I think song 4 mutya was one of the best summer songs in a long time!!
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant see it myself, and hopefully it isn't true. No fan of the new lineup, couldn't really care less about them but the original line up were rubbish, so bad that their label dropped them. They weren't even a one-hit wonder. Did any of the songs/album that the original lineup actually make it in the top 3?

Plus it would show Siobhan up as being a two-faced mare given her comments about Keisha in the past.

Key words to take notice of in that link. One of them is "reportedly" and the other ones are "according to The Sun". :D

"IF" they do reform (like processed meat) how long until they bitch and fall out again? I'd give it 6 months. :p
  • Options
    caren197caren197 Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They may not have sold too much but their firt album was excellent, wasn't as mainstream as their stuff after Siobhan left. This would be interesting to see but i don't think this report is the truth.
  • Options
    Ryan-BRyan-B Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many times does Keisha have to come out and say this is a pile of shite before people start to listen? :confused:
  • Options
    NativeMoonNativeMoon Posts: 6,149
    Forum Member
    It's been denied several times already by Keisha and Siobahn so Im inclined to disbelieve it. As as aside, the first album with the original line-up was great - if the singles weren't that great or popular then the later incarnations including amelle wouldn't have included them in the live shows.
  • Options
    caren197caren197 Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think to this day Overload is one of their best tracks. And any tour i saw of theirs always included it, i just wonder if this new group will include it seeing as none of them were involved with it originally.
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    caren197 wrote: »
    I still think to this day Overload is one of their best tracks. And any tour i saw of theirs always included it, i just wonder if this new group will include it seeing as none of them were involved with it originally.

And they are being advised by CAN Associates quel suprise
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's hope not.

One screeching bunch of hyenas is enough already.......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What would they be called?

The Old Sugababes?

The Sugamums?

The Sugagrandma's?

The Sugagonetospecsavers?
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the current Sugarbabes sing a song originally recorded by the original lineup does that count as a cover? :p
  • Options
    JigglyBallJigglyBall Posts: 1,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think their first album is the best of the lot and actually Siobhan's voice is a lot more suited to the group than Heidi's.

He voice is horrible, and ruins every song she's on.
  • Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    Rorschach wrote: »
    If the current Sugarbabes sing a song originally recorded by the original lineup does that count as a cover? :p

They are not going to. They will only sing Freak like me onwards.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really wish Digital Spy would stop posting these rumours about the original line-up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    popalong wrote: »

The Old Sugababes?

The Sugamums?

The Sugagrandma's?

The Sugagonetospecsavers?[/QUOTE]

Ha ha ha
  • Options
    lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet.

A record label source said: "The comeback is gathering momentum.

We all know how reliable the rags sources are.
    Plus Keisha is doing a Solo Album and that is not a source but a fact.;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Assuming this story in the Sun is true......

I don't think they should get back together. At the moment the original members stand as a credible part of British music history.

Getting back together especially under the guidance of Jordan's old manager just seems like a P.R. stunt. More about money, cashing in on current news stories and shoving it to the current lineup than producing decent music.

I'm a fan of all versions of the Sugababes as I like acts that can produce decent live music and all lineups have proved they can do that in my opinion.

You could understand Keisha wanting revenge as she may be a little bitter at being pushed out but the other 2 left off their own accord and should live with the decisions they made and not try and turn the clock back because things maybe haven't worked out as well with their careers as they hoped.

Finally, on the breakup of the last line-up - I'm still interested to know what went wrong out of nosiness. Something big must have happened for managers and record label to agree to kick out the last original member just before a single and album release. They would have anticipated the huge showbiz news stories and stood to loose loads of money.

I think it's bad that anyone should give Amelle, Heidi, Keisha
    and especially Jade personal abuse as no one knows what went on and if someone has been bullied facing rubbish from the public isn't what you need - if you don't like them, then don't buy their records or go to their concerts but don't give them personal abuse that's just rubbish - they're people at the end of the day and no one has committed a crime.
  • Options
    Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryan-B wrote: »
    How many times does Keisha have to come out and say this is a pile of shite before people start to listen? :confused:

Three times as many as Spandau Ballet did over the last few YEARS, before they reformed.... twice as many as The Eagles used to say, before they reformed ....

NEVER SAY NEVER, COS WHEN YOU ACTUALLY DO (REFORM) THEN YOU JUST LOOK LIKE BERKS... LOL.
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Let's hope not.

One screeching bunch of hyenas is enough already.......

Hey! Leave The Spice Girls out of it... :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have liked each carnation of the Sugababes and liked what each new member brought to the table. I love One Touch and thought Siobhan / Mutya and Keisha were a great girl band, very different and unique. When Siobhan left I was sad and welcomed Heidi and loved AWDF, Three and TIMW. When Mutya left, I accepted Amelle as I liked her voice and actually liked the fact she is a bit of a car crash at times, too. I also think Jade brings a lot to the table vocally.

The problem i have is that Siobhan , Mutya and Keisha are now back despite a lot of bad blood and a lot of things that have been said. They were very young when this all happens and it was a shame they never tried before because now this just smacks of desperation and three talented women shouldn't have to be like that .

I have read where Siobhan has slaughtered Keisha and called her a bully. Siobhan said 4.0's would be the first Sugababes album she bought. On the recent London Lite Paper interview Siobhan pulled a face at the thought of going back and really seemed still to ahve a problem with Keisha. Siobhan is a talented song writer and it seems like now she might be going back on her morals to get back into music.

I have seen Keisha refuse to name Siobhan and refer to her only as the other girl and say that they only became the sugababes when Heidi joined, almost wiping Siobhan away.

I have seen Keisha try and rewrite Sugababes history by requesting Amelle rerecorded all Mutya's vocals for the GH and stating that 3.0 were the strongest line up. In the heat interview a month before the split keisha was still saying she had no desire to be in contact with Mutya.

Whatever the deal I still maintain the record company would not have let Keisha go if there was any doubts about the "bullying" There was more to Keisha than meets the eye.

I would love to hear a solo album from Kesiha and I thinkafter 11 years in a band and whether a bully or not, she was stitched up by the management and deserves that right. I find it sad that Mutya and Siobhan have arrived like locusts to try and get in on the act. Both are talented and both should also be successful.

I see a 1.0 formation not living up to the reputation of One touch and perhaps disentergrating and them all losing face. I see them taking 4.0 down with them, which is a shame because what i have seen of Heidi, Amelle and Jade works.

i assume Keisha will slate Amelle and Heidi and perhaps she has the right too but I have seen her say some damning things about Mutya and Siobhan too. It is all just quite sad really.

The record label and Management is to blame. They should have taken Keisha in hand, if Mutya wanted to return they should have let her and got Heidi onside. 2.0 would be trhe ultimate line up with Siobhan and Amelle as strong solo artists.

All this IS diluting the Sugababes "brand" even more.
  • Options
    lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    funkycub wrote: »
    I have liked each carnation of the Sugababes and liked what each new member brought to the table. I love One Touch and thought Siobhan / Mutya and Keisha were a great girl band, very different and unique. When Siobhan left I was sad and welcomed Heidi and loved AWDF, Three and TIMW. When Mutya left, I accepted Amelle as I liked her voice and actually liked the fact she is a bit of a car crash at times, too. I also think Jade brings a lot to the table vocally.

The problem i have is that Siobhan , Mutya and Keisha are now back despite a lot of bad blood and a lot of things that have been said. They were very young when this all happens and it was a shame they never tried before because now this just smacks of desperation and three talented women shouldn't have to be like that .

I have read where Siobhan has slaughtered Keisha and called her a bully. Siobhan said 4.0's would be the first Sugababes album she bought. On the recent London Lite Paper interview Siobhan pulled a face at the thought of going back and really seemed still to ahve a problem with Keisha. Siobhan is a talented song writer and it seems like now she might be going back on her morals to get back into music.

I have seen Keisha refuse to name Siobhan and refer to her only as the other girl and say that they only became the sugababes when Heidi joined, almost wiping Siobhan away.

I have seen Keisha try and rewrite Sugababes history by requesting Amelle rerecorded all Mutya's vocals for the GH and stating that 3.0 were the strongest line up. In the heat interview a month before the split keisha was still saying she had no desire to be in contact with Mutya.

Whatever the deal I still maintain the record company would not have let Keisha go if there was any doubts about the "bullying" There was more to Keisha than meets the eye.

I would love to hear a solo album from Kesiha and I thinkafter 11 years in a band and whether a bully or not, she was stitched up by the management and deserves that right. I find it sad that Mutya and Siobhan have arrived like locusts to try and get in on the act. Both are talented and both should also be successful.

I see a 1.0 formation not living up to the reputation of One touch and perhaps disentergrating and them all losing face. I see them taking 4.0 down with them, which is a shame because what i have seen of Heidi, Amelle and Jade works.

i assume Keisha will slate Amelle and Heidi and perhaps she has the right too but I have seen her say some damning things about Mutya and Siobhan too. It is all just quite sad really.

The record label and Management is to blame. They should have taken Keisha in hand, if Mutya wanted to return they should have let her and got Heidi onside. 2.0 would be trhe ultimate line up with Siobhan and Amelle as strong solo artists.

All this IS diluting the Sugababes "brand" even more.

When was this announced? You cannot take a source as a fact. I hope they do get back together but i wouldn't believe everything you read in the papers.
  • Options
    NativeMoonNativeMoon Posts: 6,149
    Forum Member
    Until the girls themselves announce a joint project I can't see that this is anything but speculation.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    popalong wrote: »

The Old Sugababes?

The Sugamums?

The Sugagrandma's?

The Sugagonetospecsavers?[/QUOTE]

Ha ha ha

lmao!!! best line of the year!!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lucy mane wrote: »
    When was this announced? You cannot take a source as a fact. I hope they do get back together but i wouldn't believe everything you read in the papers.

No fair do's I guess I was going with the thread title!
  • Options
    Pop_ArtPop_Art Posts: 5,116
    Forum Member
    Its a load of crap. I mean have people even read the Sun story?

It says they got back together because they couldn't stop bitching! who the fick writes that shite? even worse that DS repeated the story!
  • Options
    GoldeyfishGoldeyfish Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'd love it happen,

the orignal line up were more involved in writing their own songs, and felt unique

anyway keisha has said it's not happening (again)

http://twitter.com/keisha_buchanan
  • Options
    therightdealtherightdeal Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that whole saga was pointless and tedious. Attention-seekers.

Actually wait, there are so many different versions I've lost track.