The BBC urge you to vote Matt

pabirdpabird Posts: 871
Forum Member
✭✭
There has never been so much media pressure from the beeb to gain the globe for one of their in-house people as there has been for Matt
Publicity in their own publications the push to get him presenting or standing in others shows is manic

But if you wish to be pushed and pulled by the beeb in how you vote go for it and vote for Matt

If however you are to vote on the best dance performance we should all wait for the final and vote for what we witness on the night

Comments

• millie3millie3 Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pabird wrote: »
    There has never been so much media pressure from the beeb to gain the globe for one of their in-house people as there has been for Matt
    Publicity in their own publications the push to get him presenting or standing in others shows is manic

But if you wish to be pushed and pulled by the beeb in how you vote go for it and vote for Matt

If however you are to vote on the best dance performance we should all wait for the final and vote for what we witness on the night

You're not a Kara fan by any chance are you? Your post sounds desperate ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    millie3 wrote: »
    Is there really any need for this? I thought the place had calmed down today with the fanbase fighting :rolleyes:
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think theres anything wrong in deciding who to vote for now, OR in deciding who to vote for on the night.

There are plenty of reasons to vote for Matt that are GOOD reasons. I personally shall be voting for him because I think he is the perfect example of how to mix performance skills with dance ability. I would be happy for Kara, too. I think either would be a deserving winner.
  • StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If you look at the OP's posting history you would see that this is not the case.
  • pabirdpabird Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Psychosis wrote: »
    I don't think theres anything wrong in deciding who to vote for now, OR in deciding who to vote for on the night.

There are plenty of reasons to vote for Matt that are GOOD reasons. I personally shall be voting for him because I think he is the perfect example of how to mix performance skills with dance ability. I would be happy for Kara, too. I think either would be a deserving winner.

Agreed and how nice to make the judgement having seen the performance(s)
  • daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You've obviously forgotten Chris Hollins last year, if they'd have pushed him any further he would've been in the Channel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No we are dance with a history in dance and simply wish SCD to be about dance and as in all contests to be about performance on the night

Ps two nights running Matt on ITT
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well, if that's what the BBC want, who am I to argue ?
    I shall have to change my vote..it's Matt for me from now on.
    Did the BBC say how many times we have to vote ?
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed and how nice to make the judgement having seen the performance(s)

I don't need to see the performances. I have no wish to vote on one night and ignore the other ten. I know that Matt deserves to win now, and so does Kara - but my preference is to Matt. Unless Kara is going to show me something like Matt's Charleston, why would I change my mind?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear how very droll:sleep:
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there really any need for this? I thought the place had calmed down today with the fanbase fighting :rolleyes:
    Quoted from the OP
    I think it's quite obvious that this thread is a not so subtle attempt to push and pull viewers into voting for Kara.

The OP does her no favours
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Quoted from the OP

I think it's quite obvious that this thread is a not so subtle attempt to push and pull viewers into voting for Kara.

The OP does her no favours

why is it a not so subtle attempt to push and pull voters into voting for pamela?

kara wasn't even mentioned
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why is it a not so subtle attempt to push and pull voters into voting for pamela?

kara wasn't even mentioned
    Perhaps - it was certainly a not so subtle attempt to deter viewers from voting for Matt.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Perhaps - it was certainly a not so subtle attempt to deter viewers from voting for Matt.

Please understand I was asking for dance to be the winner and the publicity for Matt (as with Chris last time) detracts from the real contest

If I could influenze the vote as the beeb are so well endowed to do it would be judge the dance(s) and make your own minds up

Dance rules
  • PastaPasta Posts: 3,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Chris Hollins reference shows this nonsensensical 'BBC golden boy' stuff up. He's not exactly bestriding the BBC like a colossus these days, is he? (Oh, and I want Kara to win.)
  • River ManRiver Man Posts: 2,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see any evidence that the BBC are pushing Matt over the other two finalists.

I think you're talking nonsense OP.
  • reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh really? I've not seen it that way at all ..
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

they're obviously failing because i've seen no evidence of it whatsoever.
  • labasheedylabasheedy Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River Man wrote: »
    I don't see any evidence that the BBC are pushing Matt over the other two finalists.

I think you're talking nonsense OP.

You always make sense River Man :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few weeks ago I would have agreed, what with Matt appearing on ITT practically every single night for the whole week it seemed, but actually lately I feel they've all been pretty evenly covered. To be honest, on BBC breakfast this morning, my ear was twitching when the presenters were very blatantly calling up Matt's gymnastic background and Kara's dancing experience while not asking any such probing questions about Pamela's previous training and it made me think they really were painting her as the untrained, aged underdog. But it may just be rampant paranoia and a dislike of those smug presenters that made it seem more than it was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As tangerine said, I would have agreed a few weeks ago when Matt was on (seemingly) all the time. At that point I was hoping for Matt to win but even I was thinking that they were pushing Matt forward more than the others.
    Now, everyone seems to have had fair time.
  • parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There has never been so much media pressure from the beeb to gain the globe for one of their in-house people as there has been for Matt.

I haven't seen this :confused: I've thought that the other two finalists have been shown in a slightly more favourable light, if anything.
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone always thinks their favourite is being shown in the least favourable light. Oh no, Kara hasn't appeared on It Takes Two for all of a DAY. They showed Matt crying! How rude! They deliberately didn't fly over Pamela's telegenic grandchildren because they HATE HER.

And so on. Least edifying part of the rush to the final is everyone trying to build the highest bonfire of martyrdom for their celeb.
  • CybesVybesCybesVybes Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    Oh well, if that's what the BBC want, who am I to argue ?
    I shall have to change my vote..it's Matt for me from now on.
    Did the BBC say how many times we have to vote ?

This really made me laugh! :D
  • wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

While I do think it sounds desperate, it's just as desperate as the Matt fan I read at the weekend saying the "bbc's agenda" is against Matt and that's why he's scored "unfairly", despite in being in the bbc's best interest for him to win, since they would want to promote him as the new One Show guy.