Universal Job Match - Do NOT sign!

1212223242527»

Comments

• RedRose9191RedRose9191 Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your Jobseekers Agreement should show what was agreed, in terms of the types and numbers of jobs you have to apply for each week.

If you allow them access to your account they (although they shouldn't) will keep badgering you if they feel you aren't checking UJM often enough, if you have a large number of jobs you have looked at but not applied for all of them, and they can also flag up jobs on your account that they want you to apply for even if you feel they aren't suitable.

So your agreement may state you must apply for 8 jobs a week in retail, and your UJM account shows you do apply for that amount, but if your adviser has direct access to your account they can see that you viewed 20 jobs but only applied for 8 ( I believe so, but maybe someone here from the JC can confirm or deny that). So although you have met your requirements you can still face a sanction at their whim.

If you refuse them access directly, you are less likely to face sanctions as long as you apply for the number of jobs agreed and the type agreed.

My agreement says I only have to apply for 3 jobs a week and I check it almost every day there just isn't always jobs on there I am suitable to apply for. I try to apply for at least one job every day though. There's a drop down box at the bottom of each job where you can specify why you didn't apply for a particular job. Surely if you do that they shouldn't be able to sanction you?

Seriously though, what's their obsession with UJM? I much prefer other job websites like Total Jobs and Reed.
    phill363 wrote: »
    Can they actually see how many times you are logging in and how long for?

They can see the last time you logged in but I don't think they can see how many times you've been logging in.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    My adviser showed me what they see when they view your account and they cannot see which vacancies you have looked at. It appears pretty much the same to them as when you look at it yourself. What they can see is the vacancies which match your search criteria or your 'recommended jobs' (i.e. the ones you'd be expected to apply for) and whether you've either applied for them or selected a reason for not doing so. There's no browsing history.

Those recommended jobs for me are always in places like Chorley or Preston, I don't know about anyone else but i sure as hell can't be expected to get to Chorley in an hour and a half on public transport from Birkenhead, specially for a poxy 16 hour a week PT retail job.
    They can see the last time you logged in but I don't think they can see how many times you've been logging in.
    Thanks, won't give them access anyway cos in my agreement(like I actually had a choice), I have to look everyday(7days) on UJM its ridiculous
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    Those recommended jobs for me are always in places like Chorley or Preston, I don't know about anyone else but i sure as hell can't be expected to get to Chorley in an hour and a half on public transport from Birkenhead, specially for a poxy 16 hour a week PT retail job.

My adviser told me that was just a glitch.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My adviser told me that was just a glitch.

been like this since it started never seen one job I can apply for in there cos they are always so far away.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like the search engine on UJM. I used it once and it gave me jobs in places like Nottingham & Greater Manchester and that's even with my full post code put in! A job to apply for in East London would be nice!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm currently on one of those 'employability courses' that learn direct offer through the job centre and today we've literally been forced to sign up to universal job match. I couldn't remember my id username or my password so I used another e-mail address to sign up with.

Once I'd activated my new account on the e-mail link and it automatically logged me in. I logged out to try my new log in details, I typed in the username and my chosen password and it now won't let me log in!! I tried this a few times.

I then reset my password and they sent me a new one to my e-mail and even that one did'nt work, again written down exactly how i read it on screen. I reset my password for a second time, again they sent me a new password I wrote it down as seen in my message and THAT one didn't even work! The whole site and log in system is shit and i won't ever be using it!
  • PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    I
    Once I'd activated my new account on the e-mail link and it automatically logged me in. I logged out to try my new log in details, I typed in the username and my chosen password and it now won't let me log in!! I tried this a few times.

Are you using your gateway ID?
  • karapote monkeykarapote monkey Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    I'm currently on one of those 'employability courses' that learn direct offer through the job centre and today we've literally been forced to sign up to universal job match. I couldn't remember my id username or my password so I used another e-mail address to sign up with.

I then reset my password and they sent me a new one to my e-mail and even that one did'nt work, again written down exactly how i read it on screen. I reset my password for a second time, again they sent me a new password I wrote it down as seen in my message and THAT one didn't even work! The whole site and log in system is shit and i won't ever be using it!

Well you can't because you can't login. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrimalIce wrote: »
    Are you using your gateway ID?

Yep, I typed in the numbers as provided but my password that I chose in the first place decided to only work once and only once.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quick question - has anyone actually had an interview from jobs they've applied for UJM? I've applied for loads on there over the past couple of months but haven't heard anything back. On the other hand I've had two interviews this week from jobs I applied for on Total Jobs and Monster and another interview next week for a job I applied for on Monster. I haven't heard of anyone in real life who has actually got an interview, let alone a job, from UJM.
  • LockesLockes Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    Quick question - has anyone actually had an interview from jobs they've applied for UJM? I've applied for loads on there over the past couple of months but haven't heard anything back. On the other hand I've had two interviews this week from jobs I applied for on Total Jobs and Monster and another interview next week for a job I applied for on Monster. I haven't heard of anyone in real life who has actually got an interview, let alone a job, from UJM.

NO, I have applied for loads myself and never heard a thing back, the whole website is one big screw up
  • NicolaClareNicolaClare Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    I apologise for bumping this thread.... Again...

But I am currently on Work Experience at Gloucester JCP which is helping people use Universal Jobmatch.

I have learned these past 2 weeks that some people will do anything to get a job and the rest will do anything to waste our time. For example, I had a customer in yesterday (31/07/13) who applied for a job in Cheltenham, I asked nicely 'Can you drive or are you reliant on public transport?' he told me that he has his scooter..... fast forward to 10 minutes later, he then said to my colleague 'that thick bitch over there (me) thinks I'm on a motorbike, when infact I can travel up to 23 miles on my mobility scooter!' to which I over hear and with my difficulties anyway, I got upset.

Then in the end this man gave up on his jobsearch and finally left the building after 3 hours.
  • weirlandia4evaweirlandia4eva Posts: 1,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my OH has been out of work for a little over 6 mths. Last meeting with her he was given an appointment to see someone about voluntary work. He went to the meeting and was given a couple of places where he might get some voluntary work in admin.
    At today's meeting with advisor she asked what happened and he said he was considering which places to apply for. She then said if he hadn't sorted anything out by his next meeting with her she would take the decision out of his hands and arrange voluntary work for him and he would have to do it or face the consequences.
    Firstly: voluntary work should by definition be voluntary
    secondly: Face what consequences? As I work part time (£8K a year) he is not entitled to any benefits so there is no benefits for them to sanction.

She also said (not for the first time) that there is no reason for him to keep signing on.
    that would be another person off the unemployment figures!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She also said (not for the first time) that there is no reason for him to keep signing on.
    that would be another person off the unemployment figures!!

I would happily sign off if my advisor told me this!! I really don't need the £71. I want to sign off anyway to get out of the depressing routine but i'm told by my parents that it helps pay your "stamp" the classic "reason" :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.