Options

Evictions that would've gone differently if Channel 5 was Vote To Evict...

FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If Channel 5 had never done vote to save... which evictions would've gone differently to how they actually turned out?

Here's a few I think would've gone differently if it was vote to evict:

Normal BB:
Aaron v Aden v Anton v Jay v Faye (Anton would've gone instead of Aden) - BB12

Conor v Lydia v Victoria (Lydia would've gone instead of Victoria) - BB13

Conor v Shievonne (Conor would've gone instead of Shievonne) - BB13

Luke A v Lauren (Luke A would've gone instead of Lauren) - BB13

Ashleigh v Becky v Deana v Luke A (Ashleigh would've gone instead of Becky) - BB13

Celeb BB:
Darryn v Pamela (Darryn would've gone instead of Pamela) - CBB8

Natasha v Nicola (Nicola would've gone instead of Natasha) - CBB9

Frankie v Paula v Speidi (Speidi would've gone instead of Paula) - CBB11

Comments

• Options
    WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deana vs Adam vs Ashleigh vs Scott

It was a double so Ashleigh and Deana would of gone!
  • Options
    jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not sure the result would be different in a two way in a vote to save or evict!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I can't see any reason in the world why they would have gone differently. All of Luke's fans would have voted for Lauren, all Lauren's fans would have voted for Luke, and the result would have been exactly the same. And although the Conor Shievonne one was muddier because Sheivonne was seen as such an anti-outsider, still the same applies. When it is one to one, people have no trouble at all making the switch. The larger the number of candidates, the more difference it makes what kind of vote you have.
    Ashleigh v Becky v Deana v Luke A (Ashleigh would've gone instead of Becky) - BB13
    I think Becky would still have gone, only by a bigger percentage.
  • Options
    mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    If Channel 5 had never done vote to save... which evictions would've gone differently to how they actually turned out?

Here's a few I think would've gone differently if it was vote to evict:

Normal BB:
    Aaron v Aden v Anton v Jay v Faye (Anton would've gone instead of Aden) - BB12

Conor v Lydia v Victoria (Lydia would've gone instead of Victoria) - BB13

Celeb BB:
    Darryn v Pamela (Darryn would've gone instead of Pamela) - CBB8

Natasha v Nicola (Nicola would've gone instead of Natasha) - CBB9

Frankie v Paula v Speidi (Speidi would've gone instead of Paula) - CBB11

i watched the eviction of sezer last night thats one vote that wouldnt have gone differently had it been vote to save then :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see any reason in the world why they would have gone differently. All of Luke's fans would have voted for Lauren, all Lauren's fans would have voted for Luke, and the result would have been exactly the same. And although the Conor Shievonne one was muddier because Sheivonne was seen as such an anti-outsider, still the same applies. When it is one to one, people have no trouble at all making the switch. The larger the number of candidates, the more difference it makes what kind of vote you have.

I think Becky would still have gone, only by a bigger percentage.

I think Luke A would of gone. I wanted Lauren to stay, but not because i wanted her to win. I only vote to save people if i want them to win. If it was vote to evict, i disliked Luke A enough to evict him!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Luke A would of gone. I wanted Lauren to stay, but not because i wanted her to win. I only vote to save people if i want them to win. If it was vote to evict, i disliked Luke A enough to evict him!
    only 2 up result would have been the same the old way
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Lydia wouldn't have gone in that first week against Connor & Victoria.

Victoria was being portrayed as a bitchy, pompous drama queen- and so would still have got the vote to eliminate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Are you sure your votes would have been enough to swing it though? I really think Luke was far enough ahead not to have to worry about them. And presumably if there are people - I doubt whether there are many - who would throw themselves into voting if it was a vote to evict but not a vote to save, even when two housemates are head to head - it would work equally for every housemate, so yours would be cancelled out by an equally 'only to evict' voter.

I can't actually understand your point of view, I must understand. I mean I understand VERY well that someone who dislikes Luke would like to imagine that it was only lucky fortune that saved him, and not greater popularity (the second of which it clearly was), but if you disliked him enough to vote to evict him, why didn't you dislike him enough to cast a vote that would have evicted him?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrblank wrote: »
    only 2 up result would have been the same the old way

More people disliked Luke A than Lauren at the time. If it was vote to evict, more people would of picked up the phone to get Luke out, rather than to keep Lauren in!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you sure your votes would have been enough to swing it though? I really think Luke was far enough ahead not to have to worry about them. And presumably if there are people - I doubt whether there are many - who would throw themselves into voting if it was a vote to evict but not a vote to save, even when two housemates are head to head - it would work equally for every housemate, so yours would be cancelled out by an equally 'only to evict' voter.

I can't actually understand your point of view, I must understand. I mean I understand VERY well that someone who dislikes Luke would like to imagine that it was only lucky fortune that saved him, and not greater popularity (which it clearly was), but if you disliked him enough to vote to evict him, why didn't you dislike him enough to cast a vote that would have evicted him?

It was very close though they said! And if it was that close in a vote to save, i'm almost 100% sure Lauren would of stayed in a vote to evict!

Vote to evict allows people to get rid of the people they dislike. The people who didn't like either of them enough to save them, but disliked one of them more would of voted in a vote to evict i think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I can't actually understand your point of view, I must understand. I mean I understand VERY well that someone who dislikes Luke would like to imagine that it was only lucky fortune that saved him, and not greater popularity (the second of which it clearly was), but if you disliked him enough to vote to evict him, why didn't you dislike him enough to cast a vote that would have evicted him?

The reason i didn't save Lauren, is because i didn't particularly like her either. So why would i pick up a phone to save someone who i didn't like, just to get someone else out i didn't like? I wasnt bothered about who went, if it was a vote to evict i would of evicted Luke A. And if i had liked Lauren enough to save her, i would of saved her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was very close though they said! And if it was that close in a vote to save, i'm almost 100% sure Lauren would of stayed in a vote to evict!

Vote to evict allows people to get rid of the people they dislike. The people who didn't like either of them enough to save them, but disliked one of them more would of voted in a vote to evict i think.

It doesn't actually make your argument more convincing if you keep saying it over and over again. Luke beat Lauren by 8%. So it was not a walkover but not a tiny margin either - loads of evictions have been much closer. I'm sure you have your own reason for wanting Luke out but wanting Lauren out as well so you would vote Luke out but not Lauren in, but it just sounds peculiar to me. And there is no reason to believe that views like this would favour Luke more than Lauren even if other people share them. I think deep down you just can't admit to yourself that Luke was more popular than Lauren: a TINY poll on here had him at 34 votes for least favourite compared with her 26 votes, but compared with the number of voters that is microscopic.

In the end the voting figures are the only thing that mattered. Luke got more votes than Lauren, and would have stayed whether it had been a vote to save or a vote to evict.
  • Options
    Harry BushmayerHarry Bushmayer Posts: 543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I would say it had more to do with sympathy rather than popularity. People seemed to feel sorry for him. That is why he won.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Luke 53% Lauren 46%
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say it had more to do with sympathy rather than popularity. People seemed to feel sorry for him. That is why he won.

Show me the evidence for that! I liked him and that is why I voted for him. No sympathy at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think if you are going to describe what makes people vote, you will have to stick to your own reasons, or link to other peoples' own accounts of their reasons. It would be rude and silly in the extreme to pretend to know other peoples' reasons without this evidence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't actually make your argument more convincing if you keep saying it over and over again. Luke beat Lauren by 8%. So it was not a walkover but not a tiny margin either - loads of evictions have been much closer. I'm sure you have your own reason for wanting Luke out but wanting Lauren out as well so you would vote Luke out but not Lauren in, but it just sounds peculiar to me. And there is no reason to believe that views like this would favour Luke more than Lauren even if other people share them. I think deep down you just can't admit to yourself that Luke was more popular than Lauren: a TINY poll on here had him at 34 votes for least favourite compared with her 26 votes, but compared with the number of voters that is microscopic.

In the end the voting figures are the only thing that mattered. Luke got more votes than Lauren, and would have stayed whether it had been a vote to save or a vote to evict.

Saw different points and answered them.

I don't see why you're getting so offended by this? And making such an argument out of it?

The people who don't like either, but prefer one to the other wont pick up the phone to save either, but would pick up the phone to evict. At that time, Luke A was more disliked than Lauren. Nobody is saying she 100% would of gone. But if it was THAT close with a vote to save, it wouldn't of took much votes to change that with the low number of votes cast these days. My opinion is Luke A would of gone with a 65%+ share of the vote to evict.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jeanoj wrote: »
    Show me the evidence for that! I liked him and that is why I voted for him. No sympathy at all.

Read the appreciation thread for a start. It should be renamed the Luke A sympathy thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw different points and answered them.

I don't see why you're getting so offended by this? And making such an argument out of it?

The people who don't like either, but prefer one to the other wont pick up the phone to save either, but would pick up the phone to evict. At that time, Luke A was more disliked than Lauren. Nobody is saying she 100% would of gone. But if it was THAT close with a vote to save, it wouldn't of took much votes to change that with the low number of votes cast these days. My opinion is Luke A would of gone with a 65%+ share of the vote to evict.
    It is an opinion based on nothing whatsoever apart from your desire to imagine that Luke was not really more popular. I am 'offended' because I might be someone with strong opinions, but I am not a bad loser. If a housemate I love is evicted or a housemate I loathe is saved, I am always happy to admit that the people have spoken. I don't cast around for desperate ways to pretend that it was luck or stupidity or the way the vote was run or any other reason. Of COURSE if more voters had wanted Luke out than Lauren, he would have gone. Trying to imagine a larger pool of people who wanted him out but didn't vote is the most pointless of activities: who could possibly claim to speak for non-voters?

You only speak for yourself. I get it. If it had been vote to evict, Luke would have had your votes. Unless you would have voted 8000 times, Lauren would still have gone.
    Read the appreciation thread for a start. It should be renamed the Luke A sympathy thread.

Really, why are you doing this? What kind of person lives in the appreciation thread of a housemate they obsessively, compulsively dislike? Dont' you have a shed to tidy or something?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really, why are you doing this? What kind of person lives in the appreciation thread of a housemate they obsessively, compulsively dislike? Dont' you have a shed to tidy or something?

This is a classic example from one of his most loyal supporters. This is you trying to create the picture of poor victimised Luke A.

Never have I said I don't like him. I said he was a boring housemate. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is an opinion based on nothing whatsoever apart from your desire to imagine that Luke was not really more popular. I am 'offended' because I might be someone with strong opinions, but I am not a bad loser. If a housemate I love is evicted or a housemate I loathe is saved, I am always happy to admit that the people have spoken. I don't cast around for desperate ways to pretend that it was luck or stupidity or the way the vote was run or any other reason. Of COURSE if more voters had wanted Luke out than Lauren, he would have gone. Trying to imagine a larger pool of people who wanted him out but didn't vote is the most pointless of activities: who could possibly claim to speak for non-voters?

You only speak for yourself. I get it. If it had been vote to evict, Luke would have had your votes. Unless you would have voted 8000 times, Lauren would still have gone.

How is it based on nothing? At the time, Luke A was clearly more disliked than Lauren. Just as people like how Deana was more disliked than anyone in the final. She still came 3rd, but if the winner was the person with the least votes to evict, Sara would of won! Deana first out, then Luke A, then Luke S etc! It's not based on nothing, its based on the facts! You're getting so defensive because Luke A was your favourite. Deana was my favourite but i still said that she would of gone in a vote to evict. My god, get over it, your favourite would most likely of gone in a vote to evict.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vote to save and Vote to evict are completely different things as well, even in a 2 way eviction.

Vote to Save gives of the impression that you want to SAVE someone from eviction. So who would you vote if you dislike both the people up for eviction? You still wouldn't want to save someone from eviction no if you didn't like either.

Vote to evict gives of the impression you want to get someone out. Lauren and Luke A, didn't like either particularly, preferred Lauren. But i didn't feel strongly enough to SAVE her from an eviction. If it was vote to evict, it makes it so much easier, don't like either, want Luke A out, feel strong enough to EVICT him. Simple. You can keep saying i'm wrong and its based on nothing, but it's not. Which on why on so many polls etc that people want the vote to evict back. If it was the same, nobody would have a problem with it.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    Deana vs Adam vs Ashleigh vs Scott

It was a double so Ashleigh and Deana would of gone!

In that case I'm really glad for vote to save. lol The thought of Deana getting evicted and Scott staying in for the final I find quite depressing.

I think that week was probably Becky's worst week of all, she couldn't stop going on about the BMI comment. She seemed to be getting on alot of the viewers nerves.
    Admittedly though I can barely remember what Ashleigh did that week so I don't know if she did anything to motivate viewers to get rid of her. Though being her usual self would obviously have attracted alot of votes anyway.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BB13

Adam vs Ashleigh vs Caroline vs Conor vs Deana vs Luke A vs Luke S vs Sara

If it had been vote to evict I'm almost certain Conor would have gone instead of Caroline
  • Options
    Forum Member
    More people disliked Luke A than Lauren at the time. If it was vote to evict, more people would of picked up the phone to get Luke out, rather than to keep Lauren in!

if that was true more people would have saved lauren votewise