CS Gail - the Queen Bee's revenge

HarkAtHerHarkAtHer Posts: 2,099
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Loved every minute of Gail pointing out a few realities of the rights (of tenants) and responsibilities (of landlords) to the feckless freeloaders.

Hah! A million mothers who put lamb casserole and dumplings on the table, fetch and carry the littl'uns and make sure there's eggs in the fridge and bog roll in the bog - all while being mocked for their looks, opinions and penchant for psychos and conmen - cheered to the rafters. Wonderfully written and juicily acted by all concerned. Classic Corrie!

Comments

• OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Gail is playing a blinder. Serves Demon and Kylie right.

My personal favourite bit tonight was the egg with 'Gail' written on it.

:D:D:D
  • Cheesey PeppersCheesey Peppers Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    I am looking forward to seeing this and you know full well David Platt will kick her out before the year is out and Audrey Roberts will be lumped with her!
  • HarkAtHerHarkAtHer Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    My personal favourite bit tonight was the egg with 'Gail' written on it.

:D:D:D

Ditto!
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loved it too. :D

Gail should have removed all the furniture into storage (apart from what she is using in the box room) or charge them for using her furniture.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Gail was really funny in tonight's Corrie good on her for not letting Kylie and David take advantage of her for once
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Gail should have removed all the furniture into storage (apart from what she is using in the box room) or charge them for using her furniture.

I agree, it's the only thing that saved this episode for me
  • Jewels501Jewels501 Posts: 26,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't give her ideas James!;):D
  • JamieRoss1988JamieRoss1988 Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Gail tonight :D good on her for not cooking David and kylie tea and taking her telly upstairs, David should be grateful she allowed him to sit on her sofa :p
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing is if she keeps this up David would just kick her out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    The stuff with Gail and co was hilarious tonight! I don't blame her one bit and wonder what will happen next...

One thing though, is she actually selling her house to them? Or are they just assuming? I only ask because I don't know how buying houses works but couldn't Gail and the loan company come up with some sort of repayment plan for the loan which doesn't mean she has to sell? I might have the wrong end of the stick here...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just so cringe worthy to watch tho with her crap acting, would have been amusing with somebody else.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was funny and for once I was on Gail's side.

Loved Kylie's line, "It's telly, or a divorce!" :D
  • Jewels501Jewels501 Posts: 26,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarah0890 wrote: »
    The stuff with Gail and co was hilarious tonight! I don't blame her one bit and wonder what will happen next...

One thing though, is she actually selling her house to them? Or are they just assuming? I only ask because I don't know how buying houses works but couldn't Gail and the loan company come up with some sort of repayment plan for the loan which doesn't mean she has to sell? I might have the wrong end of the stick here...

Gail doesn't earn enough to make the repayments on her cleaner's wage. She thought Lewis would repay the loan from his supposedly super salary and she'd chip in if she got a job.

Of course in reality she'd never have got the loan if Lewis wasn't on the loan documents since she was relying mainly on him to pay it off especially until they got settled.

The loan will be secured on the house probably meaning if she misses payments, she loses the house so she has to sell to someone. David and Kylie are the lesser of two evils because she can stay on in the house.

Edit: In real life she could have tried equity release which doesn't require repayments but they have constantly referred to it as a loan to be repaid.
  • gemsmummygemsmummy Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ericos wrote: »
    Just so cringe worthy to watch tho with her crap acting, would have been amusing with somebody else.

Completely agree. Dos'nt matter how much the writers try to make a story funny, that woman cannot act, so it falls flat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    am a little young but my dad mentioned it reminded him of an old steptoe & son episode when everything got divided including the telly .
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    I thought it was hilarious. :p
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,172
    Forum Member
    Had she paid the original mortgage off in full? She's been there nearly 22 years so there couldn't be much left - maybe 5k? That would make 45k outstanding and the house is (apparently) worth 90k. So, why can't she sell to someone else and take her 45' difference to buy a bedsit? Or even rent to someone outside the family that could cover the 40k repayments + a little edtra to cover her rent somewhere else with the cleaners earnings. It may only be a box room on that money but that's all she's being offered here?

Yes if she misses payments on a secured loan it'd be repossessed but it would take 4 or 5 months for it to go through the Courts so she has time to put it on the market and look for a better offer. It is for the moment still her house.

I don't like Gail but this is ridiculous. David and kylie buying it maybe. Taking the biggest bedroom for them and the baby - okay if they are paying most of the rent. But making her beneath max in room size is beyond the pall.
  • daryl_spicerdaryl_spicer Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate Gail
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one screaming at the tv "Its STILL your house and they dont own it yet".

Stupid storyline. Gail does not have to sell to them, they are humiliating so why not sell to soneone else, pr get some other lodgers in.
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    leeruk wrote: »
    am a little young but my dad mentioned it reminded him of an old steptoe & son episode when everything got divided including the telly .
    We had that last year with Steve and Tracey. They split the house into two and Steve even got a dividing wall built.
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member

Yes that is what I think too.They have a nerve complaining that she has taken the TV up to her room. Good for Gail. It is all Gail's furniture they are using. She should take the curtains and carpets up just to prove a point to Kylie and David.
  • Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Had she paid the original mortgage off in full? She's been there nearly 22 years so there couldn't be much left - maybe 5k? That would make 45k outstanding and the house is (apparently) worth 90k. So, why can't she sell to someone else and take her 45' difference to buy a bedsit? Or even rent to someone outside the family that could cover the 40k repayments + a little edtra to cover her rent somewhere else with the cleaners earnings. It may only be a box room on that money but that's all she's being offered here?

Yes if she misses payments on a secured loan it'd be repossessed but it would take 4 or 5 months for it to go through the Courts so she has time to put it on the market and look for a better offer. It is for the moment still her house.

I don't like Gail but this is ridiculous. David and kylie buying it maybe. Taking the biggest bedroom for them and the baby - okay if they are paying most of the rent. But making her beneath max in room size is beyond the pall.

Wouldnt there be quite a bit of interest on the 40k also?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No wonder David & Kylie are ticked off, that casserole of Gail's looked delicious.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,887
    Forum Member
    pete137 wrote: »
    Am I the only one screaming at the tv "Its STILL your house and they dont own it yet". Stupid storyline. Gail does not have to sell to them, they are humiliating so why not sell to soneone else, pr get some other lodgers in.

No, you're not the only one. I don't understand it either, unless Gail is out to make a point - or lots of points - now, to show them it wouldn't work as well as they think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate how she was perfectly prepared to charge them £100 extra a month cos she let all her money get robbed by a conman, expecting everyone else to pick up the pieces and now when she has to pay for it she's acting like a spoilt child. she's lucky she's got anywhere to live at all, horrible witch.