MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
Forum Member
Doesn't anybody still play this beast of a game? The 1st one. :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to play it and Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 a fair bit several years ago, and quite enjoyed them. :) Admittedly that does seem weird since I wasn't actually that good at them in terms of beating the scenarios, but it was fun building up the parks, designing roller coasters etc..

I haven't played them in a long time though. I think I tried to install them on my laptop a while back and they weren't compatible with Windows 7. I'll look into it when my gaming to-do list isn't so large, but for now don't quote me on that. :p

I probably didn't love the games since I didn't buy RC3, but they were fairly enjoyable nonetheless. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    hahaha yeh mate but cant find it anymore, used to be addicted to it like mad with my seven ice cream shops and deleting bridges watching people fall in the water
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RCT 1 & 2 still have a huge cult like following. The amount of custom made parks for download is crazy and the detail which people put into these parks are sublime. I tried to get into RCT 3 but i still love the old 2D games of RCT 1 & 2.

I remember getting the game for christmas off my mum and it also came with an addon pack which included Alton Towers and Blackpool Pleasure Beach, i'm quite crap at the scenarios but building a park from scratch i'm pretty good. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JasonD88 wrote: »
    hahaha yeh mate but cant find it anymore, used to be addicted to it like mad with my seven ice cream shops and deleting bridges watching people fall in the water

LOL, I always love how people who plays the Sims find out everyway to kill them XD

I used to love this game, they should make an updated version, compatiable with W7.
  • Options
    RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,242
    Forum Member
    Can't believe they haven't released one for so long! there is surely money to be made in the online world where extra rides and shops could be bought, rollercoaster track designs swapped over social media etc

It doesn't even have to have the most fantastic graphics either, Rollercoaster Tycoon2 with the bugs fixed, new parks, rides and challenges would do me just fine!
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    I've downloaded it on my laptop fine :) Play it now and again
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Would love to see the first or second one get an iPad release / remake
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Just opened my Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 box to find the CD of some rubbish band my brother has left in it's place. Heartbroken.
  • Options
    boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Available for little over 6 quid on GOG
    http://www.gog.com/gamecard/rollercoaster_tycoon_2

I put a lone visitor on a raised block and made an 'irate man' attraction, a few benches and some concessions and peeps loved it (except irate man obviously:D)
  • Options
    AppleJuice:)AppleJuice:) Posts: 3,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still like roller coaster tycoon but I haven't played it for a while lol!

They should bring out a new version with better graphics :D

I made a roller coaster that was like 300ft and it went into the ground and no one went on it apart from the park manager and one guest lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still like roller coaster tycoon but I haven't played it for a while lol!

They should bring out a new version with better graphics :D

I think that's why RCT 1&2 were popular, the simple 2D graphics, i could never get into RCT3.
  • Options
    AppleJuice:)AppleJuice:) Posts: 3,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    I think that's why RCT 1&2 were popular, the simple 2D graphics, i could never get into RCT3.

No way! What I liked about RCT3 is being able to ride on the rollercoasters, I don't think you could do that on RCT 1 or 2. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    RCT3 was good for the 3D, but at the same time it was missing the charm that the first two had.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way! What I liked about RCT3 is being able to ride on the rollercoasters, I don't think you could do that on RCT 1 or 2. :D

No you couldnt ride POV in RCT 1&2, i didn't need to though as i was too busy building stunning scenery for my park.
  • Options
    RedundantRedundant Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anyones interested you can buy the download of all 3 RCT2 packs for about £5!
    http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/rollercoaster_tycoon_2
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 is probably one of my favourite games of all time. I played a demo of the original back in 1999 and instantly fell in love with it. The addons and sequel just added to that. RCT3 was terribly buggy and performed badly at first, but after patches and 2 addons it's a fantastic game in its own right, worth of the RCT name. But RCT2 will always be my favourite.
  • Options
    PenrosePenrose Posts: 878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Sawyer has stolen much of my life!

I played loads of RCT but was addicted to Transport Tycoon, TT2 and Locomotion!
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still have RT and RT2, not played them for a while though. I have RT3 but couldn't get into it. As said above, would love for an iPad app to be made.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hardly ever come on the gaming section, but seeing this thread has made me take Sims 3 out for the first time in months, and turn the flat upside down looking for my RCT2 disc!
    Was always my fave one. Could never get into 3.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I love Rollercoaster Tycoon I had it installed on my laptop not too long ago and then laptop broke and RT was gone :( I'll reinstall it sometime soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    like all the others others I also loved RCT2, but could just never get into 3 either...

like applejuice, i made a vertical drop coaster that went up a huge hill i built then down like a 300ft vertical drop and into a hole for a further 100ft or so, and like them nobody ever went on it...lol!

still got it installed and plays fine on w7 for me...
    been trying to teach my 6yr old daugher how to play it...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Penrose wrote: »
    Chris Sawyer has stolen much of my life!

I played loads of RCT but was addicted to Transport Tycoon, TT2 and Locomotion!
    If you liked Transport Tycoon you'll love OpenTTD. If you haven't already encountered it, it's basically a complete remake of Transport Tycoon Deluxe but with like a billion new features which makes it even more enjoyable. The biggest being the easier laying of track and roads.
  • Options
    GrandPlains206GrandPlains206 Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    I still play RCT.RCT2 is my fav but I also enjoy playing the 3rd as you can ride your own designs :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Doesn't anybody still play this beast of a game? The 1st one. :D

I do, Copy of RCT 3 Platinum from Steam. Bloody Rocks if your Offline and need to challenge your brain. :D
  • Options
    Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rollercoaster Tycoon will be made into a 3DS game I hear.