thoughts on google nexus 7?

1262728293032»

Comments

• kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clonmult wrote: »
    Not even slightly interesting.

Zero OS crashes on mine, the browser has always been slow from the moment I bought it. Overall response from the device is as good now as the day I bought it.

And from what colleagues with them have said, they're all the same as me - no problems.

Still by far and away the best tablet on the market.

Then you must be very pleased with your purchase, however, that doesn't mean the views of the author of that piece is less interesting. Different people have different experiences.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    that doesn't mean the views of the author of that piece is less interesting
    Bums on seats journalism.

The pebble in the water style attracted you so it obviously works.
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    Bums on seats journalism.

The pebble in the water style attracted you so it obviously works.

Can't see how the views given are any less or more valid than views given on this forum. Of course, one actual difference is the editorial was written by a named individual.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    Can't see how the views given are any less or more valid than views given on this forum. Of course, one actual difference is the editorial was written by a named individual.
    I never said anything about 'views'.
    Most of the stuff is creative journalism designed to get as many US readers as possible.
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    I never said anything about 'views'.
    Most of the stuff is creative journalism designed to get as many US readers as possible.

Yup. Journalism these days, especially in the tech arena really is pretty bad.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what happened to new updatd Nexus 7?
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what happened to new updatd Nexus 7?

What, software or hardware updates?

Very little in the way of s/w updates (heck, my apparently unsupported Nokia 808 gets more updates than my Nexus 7)

No updated hardware has yet been announced, although there are plenty of rumours of a 1080p screen and some new faster processor (dual core, maybe even intel based?).
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clonmult wrote: »
    Very little in the way of s/w updates (heck, my apparently unsupported Nokia 808 gets more updates than my Nexus 7)

I don't understand what you mean by that. The Nexus 7 is currently running version 4.2.2, which is the latest Android version, released in February 2013.

According to Wikipedia, v4.3 was rumoured to be released 10 June 2013. It hasn't happened yet, but I am sure the Nexus 7 will get it as soon as it comes out.