Your fav meal from scratch in under 5 mins

Comments

• alan29alan29 Posts: 34,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get some fresh sea food some red pepper, a bit of garlic, a pinch of smoked paprika, a small pot of fresh pasta tomato sauce and some fresh tagliatelli..
    Fry off the garlic and pepper, add the sauce and paprika, and when its hot throw in the seafood.
    Serve with the tagliatelli.
    Eat with a glass of chilled Rose and imagine you are sitting by the Med.
    Also works with a variety of fish, all chopped into fork-size bits.
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fry some halloumi and warm some pittas. Put halloumi and salad in pittas

Warm a tortilla in a pan, then put on some Heinz Five Beanz and some already grated cheddar, some coriander and chopped green pepper and spring onions, top with another tortilla, press down and warm through.

Stir fry with Cauldron tofu and noodles, with veg already chopped from supermarket kit, and stir-fry sauce.

McCain or Bannister's baked potato with sour cream
  • BagovBagov Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    I can knock up an omelette in about five minutes. Bung a spoonful of frozen peas in before the beaten egg, then add any bits of meat from the fridge,then maybe a chopped up tomato and some cheese. Splash of Worcester sauce too. job done.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheese on toast, under the grill and drizzled with sweet chilli sauce. Heaven!
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the bags of stir fry vegetables you get in supermarkets. I like the mushroom one. I like to put some pre cooked chicken in the frying pan to warm up (they often do them on offer at the end of the day), a bag of stir fry vegetables and a sachet of black bean sauce. Delicious.
  • indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheese & Onion crisp butty with loads of butter on cheap white thick sliced bread. Or the same with fish fingers!
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheese & Onion crisp butty with loads of butter on cheap white thick sliced bread. Or the same with fish fingers!

You really can't beat a fish finger sarnie .... unless its a bacon sarnie. Adore both of them.
  • evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »
    Get some fresh sea food some red pepper, a bit of garlic, a pinch of smoked paprika, a small pot of fresh pasta tomato sauce and some fresh tagliatelli..
    Fry off the garlic and pepper, add the sauce and paprika, and when its hot throw in the seafood.
    Serve with the tagliatelli.
    Eat with a glass of chilled Rose and imagine you are sitting by the Med.
    Also works with a variety of fish, all chopped into fork-size bits.

Sounds divine. Will be making this week.:)
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Mine is M&S Chicken Korma with Pilau Rice! :D
  • foxydogfoxydog Posts: 423
    Forum Member

Wow, not had a crisp butty since back in the day, must sort that! Fish finger buttes are a regular weekend lunch.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    foxydog wrote: »
    Wow, not had a crisp butty since back in the day, must sort that! Fish finger buttes are a regular weekend lunch.

I haven't had a fish finger sarnie for years but it always used to my favourite thing to make when getting home from the pub. Especially with melted cheese on top.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    foxydog wrote: »

I had my first crisp butty in about five years only about week ago. I'd forgotten just how lovely they are, Will be having another before too long I suspect.

I love fish finger butties too, have them about once a month or so.
  • norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,660
    Forum Member
    Omelette or scrambled eggs on toast. Or, thanks to the wonder that is Zip 'n' Steam, salmon filet, new potatoes and asparagus (when in season). Pop the salmon in one bag with a squirt of lime juice or a dollop of sweet chilli sauce (or both). Pop the potatoes in another bag and microwave both bags for 3-4 mins. Asparagus in another bag with a small knob of butter and microwave that for a minute. Yum.

When it's not English asparagus season, then green beans can be substituted, or the salmon and pots can be eaten with green salad and coleslaw. Whichever way, it's a 'proper dinner' in less than 5 minutes and a really useful failsafe when I get home from work late and starving.
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good old pilchards in tommy sauce on toast.

Or cheat pizza made with toast, bit of tom puree spread on it with a mix of grated cheese, chopped onion and tuna bunged on the top and shoved under a hot grill. nom nom nom
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    My supper tonight is instant noodles with some leftover chinese chicken curry.

It will take 3 minutes in the microwave.
  • bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Under 5 minutes? That's barely enough time to brew a tea. Yesterday I dropped a few nests of egg noodles and some shredded pepper in some boiling water. After a few minutes, set them to drain, ditched the water and threw a few cloves of garlic, 2 tbsp soya bean paste, a tbsp sugar, a tbsp tomato puree, some mixed herbs, pepper, a handful of raisins and a tin of mackerel in tomato sauce in the pan. Probably closer to 10 mins than 5, but if I'd put 2 pans on I could've cut that down. Turned out nice. Would've added some shredded carrot and ginger if I'd have thought to.

An even quicker one I did a few weeks ago was egg noodles again (they cook much quicker than pasta and their flavour works better with these strong sauces, IMO), this time with garlic, ginger, soya sauce, honey and peanut butter. Kind of junk food, but super tasty!
    Forum Member
    Just had a supper of beans on toast with a fried egg.

Beans = 1 minute in microwave.
    Fried egg = 1 minute for pan to heat and 1 minute to fry egg (possibly less).
    Toast = 3 minutes? from frozen in toaster.

I didn't time it but i'd say it was all ready on the plate in 3 - 4 minutes.
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably spaghetti on toast with melted cheese or pasta for something hot.

A nice chicken wrap for something cold.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Just had a supper of beans on toast with a fried egg.

Not sure about the egg. I jazz up beans on toast with some strong grated cheddar (after allowing the beans to cool slightly) and freshly grated pepper. And something about beanz meanz ;) they only really go well with orange juice, tea or coffee.
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miso soup, with chopped spring onions and Cauldron marinated tofu. Just chop the onions and boil the kettle.
  • denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mix up a tin of tuna with a tablespoon of mayo - spread on buttered toast...then finely crumble up a bag of plain crisps and sprinkle the flakes over the tuna mayo toast.

Yum!

that sounds delightful , will be trying it for my tea . so thanks :D
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    Not sure about the egg. I jazz up beans on toast with some strong grated cheddar (after allowing the beans to cool slightly) and freshly grated pepper. And something about beanz meanz ;) they only really go well with orange juice, tea or coffee.
    I had beans on toast with melted cheese last week.

I wasn't always a fan of fried eggs but recently have been eating more fry ups and black pudding and a fried egg has become the norm.

So I thought that beans on toast was a bit bare so added the egg.
  • QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omelette.
  • farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    French Toast or
    An Omelette or
    Tinned tomatoes on Toast with grated mature cheddar
    Forum Member
    The meal I had last night can't have taken more than five minutes.

It was tortellini in a tomato sauce with a rocket salad. All fresh.
    But even from frozen the pasta only takes a couple more minutes to cook.
    If you didn't have a fresh tomato sauce then some passata or a tin of tomatoes could be used to knock on up in 5 mins.

The longest wait would be boiling the water but if you boiled the kettle to fill up the pan then that would only be a couple of minutes.