Options

Tonight's Match Of The Day

I'm convinced the match at Old Trafford was produced in HD and downconverted for the BBC. It looked fantastic, and that's the downconvert! Really nice pictures.

Comments

• Options
    camajcamaj Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All of Sky's pictures this season have been d/c HD and you can tell. Since MOTD use Sky's pictures are you sure it looks better than normal? The ManU game was a live Sky game today
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    (I don't watch MOTD very much) in relation to the pics from other stadia...Birmingham City, for example, that was definitely SD sourced!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Match of the Day's pictures are quite good - you should watch Scotsports pictures (from setanta maybe?) - they are definitely softer/not as sharp. It will be interesting to hear from those early adopter's of HDTV what HD football is like once broadcast...............
  • Options
    camajcamaj Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's amazing. I'm sure Sky's broadcasts will match those from other broadcasters.

Interestingly, I thought that the sound on yesterdays Sky matches was unusually clear. I could hear players shouting which I don't normaly hear.
  • Options
    dsweetenhamdsweetenham Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Match of the Day's pictures are quite good - you should watch Scotsports pictures (from setanta maybe?) - they are definitely softer/not as sharp. It will be interesting to hear from those early adopter's of HDTV what HD football is like once broadcast...............

The HD sport I've seen is great as for the SPL Setanta arent great pictures and arent even in 16:9