So p*ssed off with T-Mobile CS giving my false information!

CuBz90CuBz90 Posts: 4,013
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I gave T-Mobile customer services a call and asked them when my upgrade was due, I was told that my contract was due to end at the end of October, but I could upgrade at the end of September. So I asked him if there was any way I could upgrade earlier than that, so he put me on hold.

When he came back, he said I can upload at the end of July, so I got my hopes up thinking I could finally get a new phone instead of the Nokia 5800 that I've had since early 2009.

The next day I had forgotten the date in July that I was told I could upgrade, so I gave them a call again, and was told I cannot upgrade until September. I explained to them that I was told I could upgrade in July when I rang the day before, they checked everything, asked everyone they could, and said I cannot upgrade any earlier than the end of September!

I am so p*ssed off!! This isn't the first time they have done something like this. I am usually very happy with T-Mobile, their service is very good, but the customer service is a nightmare!!! They need to sort their representatives out!!!!

(Sorry, I am just soo p'eed off)

Comments

• KnightonKnighton Posts: 667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You might have been confused between 'renewing' and 'upgrading'. In the past (not sure if they do now) they allow you to renew your contract early but if you want a new handset you have to wait until the end of your current contract.
  • CuBz90CuBz90 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knighton wrote: »
    You might have been confused between 'renewing' and 'upgrading'. In the past (not sure if they do now) they allow you to renew your contract early but if you want a new handset you have to wait until the end of your current contract.

Nope, he definitely said upgrade
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CuBz90 wrote: »
    Nope, he definitely said upgrade

That might have involved buying out your current contract. Anyway, you haven't lost out in any way as you had previously been under the correct impression of not upgrading until October.
  • minty82minty82 Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, they may have given you the incorrect info, but it's still only 8 weeks extra with yout exisisting phone, not really a big deal is it? Not like you've lost out on anything?