Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• davethepiemandavethepieman Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    unclekevo wrote: »
    The Wonga adverts, the ones with the puppets of the old people which sponsor Channel 5 shows. I saw a video on You Tube where C5 tastefully put an ad bumper saying "She looks better in a body bag!" after an advert for a documentary on Whitney Houston.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXAuoA_KZwo - there you go.

The only ad around at the moment that actually amuses me is the Colman's one with the guy dressed as a bull, who seems to be a send-up of Boris Johnson. Don't know why, but it makes me giggle every time I see it!
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    I'm not a fan of the new NatWest advert

""...remember these?" .....Urrr... No
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ebay advert is weird
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    tinkie wrote: »
    The ebay advert is weird

is it?
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    far2cool wrote: »

Exactly :confused: I certainly don't remember those pigs either.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    That bloody tea advert with a whispering, breathy, twee cover of Fleetwood Mac's 'Go Your Own Way'. Listen to the original it's so much better, makes me despair when I hear my friends say they like the cover.

I think we should make some kind of law that forbids advertisers using cover songs on adverts.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I don't like the new O2 adverts. Don't like the music or the content of them.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    bbclassics wrote: »
    That bloody tea advert with a whispering, breathy, twee cover of Fleetwood Mac's 'Go Your Own Way'. Listen to the original it's so much better, makes me despair when I hear my friends say they like the cover.

I think we should make some kind of law that forbids advertisers using cover songs on adverts.

I don't like that either :yawn:
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky Sports F1 - For crying out loud, I know that the F1 can be viewed in 'stunning high definition' on SSF1 HD! I've already seen this advert at least 100 times!! :mad:
  • AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That irritatingly pompous ad for British holidays featuring the pompously irritating Stephen Fry. If my memory serves me right, he fled to Belgium when he cracked up, he didn`t hang around at home. Drinking Twinings tea. Probably.
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Sky Sports F1 - For crying out loud, I know that the F1 can be viewed in 'stunning high definition' on SSF1 HD! I've already seen this advert at least 100 times!! :mad:

Even worse when actually watching the bloody channel itself.
  • LillithLillith Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate that advert for mens' hair dye with that "famous" footballer. When that American bird coos,"Still gat it" I could scream.
  • hammerfanhammerfan Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    far2cool wrote: »

grimtales1 wrote: »
    Exactly :confused: I certainly don't remember those pigs either.

I do. I must be old. :(

I banked with Lloyds though, so I didn't have one.
  • orangesmartieorangesmartie Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the berocca ads :o and the ocean spray cranberry juice ones.

Really hate the DKNY delicious advert, the model has very strange teeth.

The stupid hair dye advert with the footballer. More wooden than the new forest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member

Note to Sky:- You didn't invent High-Definition TV, you just bought the equipment :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    hammerfan wrote: »

Ah but they had a plastic Lloyds 'horses-head' money-box.
    I'm old enough to have had one :)
  • hammerfanhammerfan Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4Dman wrote: »

Me too! :D And I remember re-joining in my teens as they had the best calculator. You could store people's phone numbers on it!!

What a nerd!

Back to the adverts.......

I've finally seen that one about blood in your poo last night - and yes, it was around the 5-6pm mark so when most people are eating.
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I had a NatWest globe money box :D The original 'Piggies' are pretty rare and collectable now (Wade porcelain), but there are a lot of reproductions out there. I believe you had to have about £1000 in a savings account to have the biggest pig money box, that would have been impossible for me in the 80's as a teenager :)
  • Doctor_DonnaDoctor_Donna Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tarot wrote: »
    I had a NatWest globe money box :D The original 'Piggies' are pretty rare and collectable now (Wade porcelain), but there are a lot of reproductions out there. I believe you had to have about £1000 in a savings account to have the biggest pig money box, that would have been impossible for me in the 80's as a teenager :)

It was £100 actually for the full set, as I saved like mad to collect them all as a child, which was not easy :) I still have them though and they are indeed worth a few bob now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BT Infinty ads are AWFUL. The people in them are so annoying and I'm pretty sure I've seen the ad 60,000 times already.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hammerfan wrote: »

did you not have one of their plastic horse head "Piggy banks" ? I had several... dunno why; I couldn't save anything as a child... cash was for spending :D
    EDIT I see others have already pointed them out :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tarot wrote: »
    I've just had to look it up because it was bugging me who the guy in the advert was, it was Richard E Grant. fortunately there's no clip of it on YouTube.
    fixed that for you ;)
    :p:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh dear, I worked there, before the horses head we had money banks in book form that were made out of leather with your own key :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    fixed that for you ;)
    :p:D

Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was £100 actually for the full set, as I saved like mad to collect them all as a child, which was not easy :) I still have them though and they are indeed worth a few bob now

£100 wouldn't have been bad, I could have afforded that :D
    Apparently it was the Cousin Wesley figure that you had to have a Children's Bond with a 5 year investment of £1000 to add to the set.
This discussion has been closed.