Options

Vodafone 810...take photos directly onto micro sd card

tomharry2tomharry2 Posts: 4,666
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How do i set the Vodafone 810 to store images/videos directly onto the micro sd card. It takes photos and videos and stores them on the built in phone memory as default. how to set it so that it saves directly onto the card. help please

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh I have an 810, best phone I've ever had.

While you're in the camera mode, press options and keep pressing the right key (or the down key if you have the camera set to be landscape mode) until you get to 'Save location'.

Press ok and you can choose from the phone or memory card from there.

Hope this helps! :)
  • Options
    tomharry2tomharry2 Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks a lot. Works now!!

One other problem...when i connect to the computer using the usb cable how do i ensure that the mp3 and photos i drag and drop go to the card and not the phone memory?
  • Options
    belleville1belleville1 Posts: 2,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been looking at this phone (and what appears to be its HSDPA big brother, the 830) as a reasonably cheap 3G handset, but I can't find many details on the internet about it. There are lots of pictures of it looking shiny and new, but what's it actually like to use software-wise? Is it slow? Are the email and web any good and if they stink, can you put Opera Mini or similar on there? (In fact, since Opera Mini is really good for shrinking web pages and therefore data charges, it'd be good to put on anyway.) I'd love to know more about it.
  • Options
    Skylover4lifeSkylover4life Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been looking at this phone (and what appears to be its HSDPA big brother, the 830) as a reasonably cheap 3G handset, but I can't find many details on the internet about it. There are lots of pictures of it looking shiny and new, but what's it actually like to use software-wise? Is it slow? Are the email and web any good and if they stink, can you put Opera Mini or similar on there? (In fact, since Opera Mini is really good for shrinking web pages and therefore data charges, it'd be good to put on anyway.) I'd love to know more about it.

Yeah, I was looking at the 830. Not much information, like sample photos from the camera etc would be nice. I like 2mp+ cameras, I used the Sony Ericsson 2MP, 3Skypephone. But my Nokia 2MP camera is absoultly pants, it's fab in bright conditions like outside in the day light, but when your inside, and in clubs it's all grainy (more than other 2Mp cameras) and when the flash goes off, peoples faces are nice but everythings all grainy around it.

If anyones has a Vodafone 830, sample camera photos would be AWESOME. Thanks :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @tomharry2: I think when you're viewing the phone in Windows Explorer there is a folder for the memory card with Music, Pictures etc. inside - just make sure they're in there. This is from memory, I haven't got a Windows machine to check.

@belleville: The software is good, the phone is nice and responsive. E-mail client seems to work fine, I use it to check about 4/5 POP3 accounts. Never sent one through the phone though. The built in browser is OK but Facebook etc. are reduced functionality mobile versions. Not sure if that is Vodafone sending the pages in that way (seem to remember choosing to have an 'optimised' version of the internet or something when I first got it) or if it is just the browser not being able to display the proper version. Fortunately Opera Mini installs and runs.

I do, however have a bit of trouble accessing Facebook at times - after logging in and clicking on something it will often say 'Loading 0/12KB' or whatever but never load. Don't know if that is Facebook, the connection or the phone not having enough RAM or something. The other sites I have used in Opera have loaded OK.

I like the way you can use the phone as a 3G modem through the cable or bluetooth - that's very useful.

There's a Google Maps and eBay application installed too, I have used Google Maps and that's good, never really tried the eBay one.

The camera is OK on the 810 but not startling. Most other would outperform it - there's no flash or anything.

The 810's buttons can crack - the bottom row of buttons on mine have cracked into three separate ones. I think if you press down on the slider when closing the phone it scores lines into the buttons, then they weaken and eventually crack. Mine still works fine, though others might not have been so lucky.

Two other downsides are: I hate to delete text messages so tend to store them using the folders feature, and I'm always at the 500 message limit. I think you try to move messages, it creates a copy then deletes the original. I've lost 5 or 6 messages in the past when moving - they either disappear or texts over 160 characters lose some of the message. That might be because I'm always running up to the limit.

If you copy a picture onto the phone to use as a wallpaper from another camera, sometimes it won't show. That might be because I'm copying from a 8.2 megapixel camera at top quality, I don't think the 810 has the memory to cope with it. Same goes for if you take a picture on the 810's camera at top resolution and try to use the edit feature on the phone, it sometimes says 'Unsupported resolution'.

Using it with BluePhone2 (software that you make calls from the computer, sync SMSs and phonebook, etc.) on the Mac makes the phone restart when you use certain features.

It sounds like a lot of downsides but unless you're using it with BluePhone2, copying massive pictures or store text messages, it's a good reliable phone with good battery life and is feature packed, especially for the money. I've tried to replace it twice (once with an LG Shine to use with BluePhone2, and once with a Samsung Tocco that I got as a contract upgrade) and I keep going back to the 810! Any more questions, just ask.

I wouldn't mind an 830 myself, seems to be an updated 810. Hopefully with some more memory and a couple of bug fixes.
  • Options
    belleville1belleville1 Posts: 2,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the information!

Facebook and various other websites do offer mobile-specific versions which are smaller downloads and easier to navigate on mobile screens. Personally I prefer them; for example, forum sites like DS are a nightmare to view on a phone. Opera Mini makes it a lot easier, but it's not something I'd ever do on a regular basis.

I had a look at an 830 in a Vodafone shop on the way home today. It's a nice-enough looking device, but to get that amount of features into a low-cost handset they've really had to skimp on the build quality! The keypad seemed very weak to me; on the one which was out on the shop's display, it had actually come loose from the phone casing itself and peeled off. It seemed like an actual device rather than a dummy, which doesn't look good! They look a bit fiddly to type on as well, all being one "sheet". My phone tends to go with me to all sorts of places, up remote hills and even sometimes at sea, so it needs to be able to withstand a bit of heavy petting from mobile phone shop customers. Does your 810 seem similarly flimsy?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a shame, the 810 looks and feels well built I'd say. The back is particularly high quality. Mine doesn't have any battle scars apart from the snapped buttons, It doesn't have the hardest of lives but I've dropped it a few times lol.