World Cup friendlies - 1st June!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,283
Forum Member
Switzerland 0 - 0 Costa Rica - Halftime
Holland 1 - 0 Ghana (Kuyt) - 37 mins
Portugal 1 - 0 Cameroon (Meireles) - 37 mins gone

Eto'o also got a straight red card in the Portugal match (I think it was a straight red or could have been 2 yellows), does this mean he misses the first group match? :confused:

Anyway, Portugal are playing very well, had a lot of chances. Holland are struggling slightly but deserve their lead imo.

Comments

• mel1213mel1213 Posts: 8,642
    Forum Member
    He got sent off for 2 yellows just after the goal. TBH I was most impressed with the one-two between Simao-Paulo Ferreira before the goal

Also Australia beat Denmark 1-0 earlier today.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,283
    Forum Member
    mel1213 wrote: »
    He got sent off for 2 yellows just after the goal. TBH I was most impressed with the one-two between Simao-Paulo Ferreira before the goal

Hi Mel :) I agree. Looks like they have better chemistry in midfield and better link up play in general, would you agree?

Great result for Australia.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Ghana v Holland game is live on ESPN for thems that have it.

I gots to have my live football.
    Forum Member
    2-0 Portugal (Raul again, Nani assist)
    Forum Member
    Cameroon score 2-1. Pedro injured?
    Forum Member
    Nani scores, Ronaldo assist.
  • bordersboybordersboy Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Holland last 20 mins have looked great, at least as an attacking force. Sneidjer and Van der Vaart have been awesome!!
    Forum Member
    bordersboy wrote: »
    Holland last 20 mins have looked great, at least as an attacking force. Sneidjer and Van der Vaart have been awesome!!

And RVP!! 4-1 now :D
  • Tusk0312Tusk0312 Posts: 4,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mel1213 wrote: »

people talk about Group G being the so-called
    Group of Death at the WC but for me Group D
    with the Aussies, Germans, Serbia & Ghana is
    going to be the tightest and toughest of all the
    groups.
  • justpootlingjustpootling Posts: 3,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tusk0312 wrote: »
    people talk about Group G being the so-called
    Group of Death at the WC but for me Group D
    with the Aussies, Germans, Serbia & Ghana is
    going to be the tightest and toughest of all the
    groups.

On paper, Group D is the Germans and one from any of the other three. The three are all poor sides on paper, although Australia seem to have hit some limited form and could be favourites to qualify with the Germans.
  • Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On paper, Group D is the Germans and one from any of the other three. The three are all poor sides on paper, although Australia seem to have hit some limited form and could be favourites to qualify with the Germans.

I hope so... England should get the Aussies in the second round which would be a nice tie for us.
  • SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, don't agree with that at all. Obviously no one knows what will happen but the Serbs are anything but a poor side. And the Aussies will be tough opposition for anyone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't there some rather large scale unrest umongst the Serb faithful during their warm up game the other day when Serbia were playing rather poorly?

I read that the players got taken off, and that Vidic had to go on the pitch with a microphone and appeal for calm.
  • SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't there some rather large scale unrest umongst the Serb faithful during their warm up game the other day when Serbia were playing rather poorly?

I read that the players got taken off, and that Vidic had to go on the pitch with a microphone and appeal for calm.

Have to admit I've not heard about that. I still think they're a decent side and a good bet as a dark horse to reach the last 8. That said, the way Group D is I can also see the Serbs imploding. But if they play to their potential they should advance. It's a very intriguing group. If the Germans don't show up the others are capable on their day of causing upsets.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what team Dunga's put out, but Brazil are currently drawing 0-0 with Zimbabwe and it's nearly half time. :D

Edit: Scratch that. :D Hell of a free kick from Bastos. If you can get to see it, highly recommended.

No 2 has just gone in for that Ribenarho.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mexico 2-1 Italy has just finished.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    SummerRain wrote: »
    Switzerland 0 - 0 Costa Rica - Halftime
    Holland 1 - 0 Ghana (Kuyt) - 37 mins
    Portugal 1 - 0 Cameroon (Meireles) - 37 mins gone

Eto'o also got a straight red card in the Portugal match (I think it was a straight red or could have been 2 yellows), does this mean he misses the first group match? :confused:

these are not world cup matches so that red card will not affect the world cup