Options

Headset

LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I bought myself some shitty £20 headset for my PS4 but if I mute the mic it shows up as someone talking. I don't want to be a douche and be the annoying person in the room with static or worse. I can't test in a party I have no friends! Any reason it would do this?

Comments

• Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought myself some shitty £20 headset for my PS4 but if I mute the mic it shows up as someone talking. I don't want to be a douche and be the annoying person in the room with static or worse. I can't test in a party I have no friends! Any reason it would do this?

ive no idea but you should really get the Sony Wireless Gold headset....Its around £79.
  • Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    ive no idea but you should really get the Sony Wireless Gold headset....Its around £79.

Its only £49 on Amazon at the moment.

Ordered one myself :D

and it sounds like a bad connection on the plug end or maybe a dodgy mute switch?
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I got the Gold/2.0 from Argos for the same price as Amazon. Bought a Malteser bar that they had at the til to take it to over £50 & got a £5 voucher back. Already had a £5 voucher from before so it cost even less! Unfortunately, it's put away until Christmas 😢 I did get to try it out first to make sure it worked 😁 Very good headset 👍🏻
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't spend loads on a headset as in the past the expensive ones break, and the cheap ones tend to last. Anyway didn't really answer my question as I could send them back if they don't work
  • Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't spend loads on a headset as in the past the expensive ones break, and the cheap ones tend to last. Anyway didn't really answer my question as I could send them back if they don't work

Which headset did you buy?

Id return them in that case. I recommend the Tritton Kaiken headset which is on Amazon for £12.99 and has solid reviews and works very well. (I have one myself)
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just bought my lad the white Gold headset £49
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does work