evening all, just joined 02 network, can someone tell me what
number on the phone i should dial to get my balance
example on virgin it is 789
thanks ..

Comments

• Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,794
    Forum Member
    Either dial *#10# and press send, to get the balance on the screen. Or you will find a contact on your phone called >top up which you can call to hear your balance. Or dial 4444
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was on contract and now on the simplicty tarif , I just send a blank text to 21202 and with a minute I get a text back with my balance
  • Options
    tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    thanks ..

On an iPhone you dial 100
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you want to check how much credit and how much free allowance you have left text BALANCE to 20202
  • Options
    planetnokiaplanetnokia Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks ..

If you select your contact list then press up on the D-Pad passing Voicemail On/Off/901, Top up credit and Talking Pages you will arrive at Show Balance!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also thought O2 PAYG shows your balance after every text you send or call you make, which to me is more of an annoyance than a useful feature. I suppose it is useful if you are young and on a very tight budget though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kyussmondo wrote: »
    I also thought O2 PAYG shows your balance after every text you send or call you make, which to me is more of an annoyance than a useful feature. I suppose it is useful if you are young and on a very tight budget though.

Call or email O2 and tell them to turn it off. I have :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,928
    Forum Member
    kyussmondo wrote: »

or middle aged and on a tight budget/ very very mean with money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you select your contact list then press up on the D-Pad passing Voicemail On/Off/901, Top up credit and Talking Pages you will arrive at Show Balance!

I think you are making certain assumptions about what sort of phone you have and what sort of phone the OP has. For example my O2 Phone (iPhone) has neither a D-Pad nor a relevant contact,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tdenson wrote: »
    I think you are making certain assumptions about what sort of phone you have and what sort of phone the OP has. For example my O2 Phone (iPhone) has neither a D-Pad nor a relevant contact,

Yes...I am making certain assumptions. I cannot provide user instructions for every mobile ever manufactured and sold by O2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes...I am making certain assumptions. I cannot provide user instructions for every mobile ever manufactured and sold by O2.

luckily we can guess which make you're talking about from your name!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm currently using a Samsung :o but the instruction I offered above apply to a Nokia also
  • Options
    Forum Member

However, you can be a bit more generic, for example the answer I gave the OP I believe would work on any O2 phone (ring 100)
  • Options
    Forum Member

I hadn't noticed that, all is now clear :-)
  • Options
    Mrs DoodlesMrs Doodles Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    prking wrote: »
    Either dial *#10# and press send, to get the balance on the screen. Or you will find a contact on your phone called >top up which you can call to hear your balance. Or dial 4444

Correct :D
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,794
    Forum Member
    tdenson wrote: »
    However, you can be a bit more generic, for example the answer I gave the OP I believe would work on any O2 phone (ring 100)

I'm afraid your mistaken, doesn't work for my two handsets and my family's handsets.
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess from the limited info the op gave and all the posts , every option is now covered
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm currently using a Samsung :o

how confusing :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how confusing :D

Alright, don't go on about it...I'll change my name to planetsamsung :mad: ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    prking wrote: »
    I'm afraid your mistaken, doesn't work for my two handsets and my family's handsets.

Are they contract or PAYG, I'm only familiar with contract phones ?