You must be so bored ....

... with the same questions over and over but here goes.

In the market for a new TV to become my main one. Money fortunately not a huge issue so max (absolute!) of £1500 to spend.

Location means around 42" sufficient, viewing distance about 5-6 feet. Been a Tosh man in the past and have a couple of LCD's at the moment, both been good for me.

So, as if you didn't know, what should I buy ?

Been on the web a bit and right or wrong have come to see TOSHIBA 42Z3030 and PANASONIC PZ700B as favourites.

Both are Full HD 1080P (so what?), Tosh has higher contrast, more connections and 24PFS (whatever that is), TOSH is also a few hundred quid cheaper at Sound & Vision.

Not really up on this LCD v Plasma thing, source at the moment would be Sky+ HD for sport,, Football, F1, Moto GP et al

So which ones guys ?

Comments

• Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,330
    Forum Member
    JJB wrote: »
    Location means around 42" sufficient, viewing distance about 5-6 feet. Been a Tosh man in the past and have a couple of LCD's at the moment, both been good for me.

5-6 feet is really much too close for SD on a 42 inch, but would be fine for HD.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JJB wrote: »

Both are Full HD 1080P (so what?), Tosh has higher contrast, more connections and 24PFS (whatever that is), TOSH is also a few hundred quid cheaper at Sound & Vision.

Full HD resolution is perhaps more useful for future proofing when/if you get HD DVD/Blu-ray and the 24Hz support means that those movies will go to the screen with no frame rate conversion, they will remove any panning judder.

Certainly work getting a demo from a decent retailer and a visit to AVF for some real world views.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you really need 1080p? if not you can double the contrast and save a few £££.

LG 42PC56
    Panasonic 42PX70/700
    Samsung 42Q96/97

are all good TVs with 10,000 -15,000 contrast but no 1080p, they can be had for as cheap as £599.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Do you really need 1080p? if not you can double the contrast and save a few £££.

LG 42PC56
    Panasonic 42PX70/700
    Samsung 42Q96/97

are all good TVs with 10,000 -15,000 contrast but no 1080p, they can be had for as cheap as £599.

Thanks for the guidance, bit the bullet and bought a 42PX70B