Help with some Harry Potter Questions?

2»

Comments

• Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i just rewatched the series on blu-ray

umbridge obviously got better, because the 3 intrepid heroes had to steal a locket/horcrux from her in the ministry of magic in the last film.

Umbridge was never really mentally ill other than I imagine being treated for a bit of shock. She was just a very nasty lady. :D
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    In the first film, Harry is revealed to be fantastically wealthy, but it doesn't come up again until DH2 when he tries to offer money to the goblin at Gringots in exchange for the sword of Gryfindor.

In the books does his being rich ever get mentioned or used?

I don't understand the question. :confused: Obviously Harry was frugal with his money and only used it for Hogwarts expenses. Obviously he couldn't use it during the Summers when he was living with the Dursleys. Short of breaking into his vault myself I can only assume he had lots of Gold left after 6 years assuming he never withdrew any gold for his 6th and last year.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    I guess people just like discussing Harry Potter. Not a crime beiung a Potterhead. :D

Exactly. I've been once since 2000/2001 and I'm proud of it :D My university even has a Harry Potter society!
  • Options
    Shreya9Shreya9 Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    In the first film, Harry is revealed to be fantastically wealthy, but it doesn't come up again until DH2 when he tries to offer money to the goblin at Gringots in exchange for the sword of Gryfindor.

Yeah, kind of. Ron is a bit resentful that his family is, in his own words, poor. Harry at these times thinks that he would give the Wealeys money but they would never take it.
    Also, he didn't take the winnings from the Triwizard Tournament because it was tainted and he didn't really need it.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wouldn't say he was "rich" but his parents left him their wealth when they died and as he was an only child it was all his. Rons family was most definitely "poor" in relation to Harry but them Harry didn't splash the cash round, he only used it for Hogwarts items, I think he brought his broom sticks from it and a few other items. In the book Harry does often feel guilty because I guess to Ron he is rich and often has hand-me-downs whereas Harry has all new items.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. I've been once since 2000/2001 and I'm proud of it :D My university even has a Harry Potter society!

Now there's something I might have enjoyed getting into at Uni. :p
  • Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone been on Pottermore recently?

Not sure if I like the new layout on there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

New layout? :eek:

Haven't been back on since I brewed Polyjuice potion a few months back. :D
  • Options
    Shreya9Shreya9 Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I was on Pottermore the other day and there's a Discovery Bar, which keeps on making me want to go back to, what I thought were completed, previous chapters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

New layout? :eek:

Haven't been back on since I brewed Polyjuice potion a few months back. :D

You weren't kidding about the new layout. :eek:
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say he was "rich" but his parents left him their wealth when they died and as he was an only child it was all his. Rons family was most definitely "poor" in relation to Harry but them Harry didn't splash the cash round, he only used it for Hogwarts items, I think he brought his broom sticks from it and a few other items. In the book Harry does often feel guilty because I guess to Ron he is rich and often has hand-me-downs whereas Harry has all new items.
    Like the Yule Ball robes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You weren't kidding about the new layout. :eek:

I'm going to try it on my daughter's laptop as it's frustrating trying to navigate around the site on my tablet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Wish Honeydukes really existed so I can purchase all of the goodies there and live a happy life :)
  • Options
    The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KatieLuLu2 wrote: »
    Wish Honeydukes really existed so I can purchase all of the goodies there and live a happy life :)

Visit the Studio Tour!! The shop has loads of Honeydukes sweets - Not quite the real thing but still great :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to try it on my daughter's laptop as it's frustrating trying to navigate around the site on my tablet.

Have e you tried duelling or brewing potions on a laptop/netbook. Must be Murder :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have e you tried duelling or brewing potions on a laptop/netbook. Must be Murder :D

No but I spent about four hours revisiting all the chapters and getting all the new stuff :o

Still didn't get through them all..

The site looks so amazing on the laptop. I missed loads of detail on my old crappy pc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No but I spent about four hours revisiting all the chapters and getting all the new stuff :o

Still didn't get through them all..

The site looks so amazing on the laptop. I missed loads of detail on my old crappy pc.

There's still one or 2 little bits I need to get that I have no idea how to finish lol but I'm almost caught up
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Questions like these makes me want to re-read the entire series. I just finished reading the tales of beedle the bard and I love the story of the fountain of fair fortune.