The FA Cup 2014/15

Comments

• TORPIDO 1TORPIDO 1 Posts: 1,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you might of posted rubbish of course only the bbcv know unless you work for them of course
  • wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC have already CONFIRMED they are showing the highlights as part of the MOTD brand.

Quite laughable that either the Premier League or the FA would write to the BBC with conditions of the show! Both of them realise their competition benefits from being on MOTD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    give me a link so i can see this confirmation myself just for clarity thanks if its been confirmed there should be a press release or something to link to surely, otherwise you could still be making it up and stating what you would like to happen. even if it goes under the motd brand it could still theoretically be 2 separate programmes the fa cup one at the end of the premiership one of course , keeping all parties happy.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TORPIDO 1 wrote: »
    give me a link so i can see this confirmation myself just for clarity thanks if its been confirmed there should be a press release or something to link to surely, otherwise you could still be making it up and stating what you would like to happen. even if it goes under the motd brand it could still theoretically be 2 separate programmes the fa cup one at the end of the premiership one of course , keeping all parties happy.
    Why would they otherwise be unhappy?

The FA Cup 1st and 2nd round highlights have been shown at the end of the Premier League MOTD for as long as I can remember (when the BBC have the rights).

You seem to be the only person or party upset by the idea of both competitions being shown in a single programme. God only knows why...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not upset as such but know what a nuisance the premier league can be at protecting the identity of their league even through the media their programme is associated with, if a reliable source or link can be posted then i will shut up on this point but until then however.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not upset as such but know what a nuisance the premier league can be at protecting the identity of their league even through the media their programme is associated with, if a reliable source or link can be posted then i will shut up on this point but until then however.
    You've invented a "problem" out of thin air and are now asking for people to provide evidence that the problem doesn't exist.

The Premier League and FA Cup have shared a programme in the past. There's absolutely no reason to think they won't in the future. It's a simple as that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why are people resisting on posting as link
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have looked for myself but cant find it but useless at searching, so can somebody help me out by posting please to prove what people are saying it would be helpful once and for all to do that, so this discussion can be redirected afterwards
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    why are people resisting on posting as link

You want help to dispel some silly claim you've created?!?!

:D:D:D:D:D

As already said, there is NO issue! Non, nothing, zero.. Only your imagination.
    And again, as mentioned; The PL have NO say on it, same as The FA as neither show has the branding in the name.
    Its called 'Match Of The Day' not The Premier League Match Of The Day' or something to that effect.
    So stop!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have looked for myself but cant find it but useless at searching, so can somebody help me out by posting please to prove what people are saying it would be helpful once and for all to do that, so this discussion can be redirected afterwards
    You've got a very strange idea of burden of proof.

If you claim something it's not up to us to provide evidence to the contrary, else what you say is true; you need to back up your assertion.
  • coventrywooocoventrywooo Posts: 3,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #Football: @SkySports confirms live Capital One Cup 3rd Round ties:
    - @LFC v @Boro
    - @SpursOfficial v @Official_NFFC
    http://po.st/SOTBfootball
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28673372

I assume this is good enough.

From the article: (My italics, purely to make it easier to read.)

And the FA Cup is returning to BBC Television after a six-year absence, with 16 live matches on the road to Wembley and highlights of every round.

"Following on from an amazing World Cup that saw a huge audience appetite for football, BBC Sport is excited about delivering more content than ever before," said Barbara Slater, Director of BBC Sport.

"MOTD turning 50 is such a broadcasting milestone and we're hugely proud of the programme.

"This season we are looking forward to continuing to evolve this national institution and having the FA Cup back live on TV enables us to make even more impact with our coverage. Across TV, radio, online and digital platforms the audience won't miss a thing."

• Steve WilliamsSteve Williams Posts: 11,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not upset as such but know what a nuisance the premier league can be at protecting the identity of their league even through the media their programme is associated with

And yet they happily show goals from the Premier League alongside the Football League, SPL, FA Cup and numerous other competitions on Football Focus, Final Score, Goals on Sunday and BT SportsHub.
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are people posting Capital One Cup TV fixtures in the FA Cup Thread? :confused:.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it still does not overtly so that they ll be on the same programme though does it, but thanks for the link which infers you could be right but doesnt categorically state as such - should we see in a couple of months when its on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it still does not overtly so that they ll be on the same programme though does it, but thanks for the link which infers you could be right but doesnt categorically state as such - should we see in a couple of months when its on.
    Why does this bother you so much?

It's an almost unhealthy obsession.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't categorically state that but there is no reason to think it would be any different to previous years.

The idea that the Premier League could write to the BBC asking them to change the format of one of its most successful shows is laughable.
  • Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like how there's a side in the Preliminary round tomorrow called FC Romania.

TAKE THAT UKIP!
  • RadioKnowerRadioKnower Posts: 2,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't categorically state that but there is no reason to think it would be any different to previous years.

The idea that the Premier League could write to the BBC asking them to change the format of one of its most successful shows is laughable.
    Well no one is suggesting that would have happened. It all depends on the terms of the latest Premier League highlightd contract, we don't know for sure whether there is a clause that the rights must be contained in their own distinct programme. Wasn't the case before but who knows, Premier League might have included it in the latest contracts we simply don't know to claim otherwise is simply just guess work.
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think this is worth adding into here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29250362
    BBC Sport is looking back at an iconic FA Cup goal a day ahead of the first round proper, which kicks off in November.
  • Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Purely for re-confirmation, but the 'Football on BT Sport' page has been updated:-

Saturday 8 November: First round (BT Sport 1) - 5pm (presumably for a 5.30 ko?)
    Monday 10 November: First round (BT Sport 1) - 7.30pm

Wednesday 19 November: First round replay (BT Sport 1) - 7.30pm
  • loyalsinceloyalsince Posts: 6,061
    Forum Member
    With motd on a sun, fri night bbc 3 for round 1+2?
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Purely for re-confirmation, but the 'Football on BT Sport' page has been updated:-

Saturday 8 November: First round (BT Sport 1) - 5pm (presumably for a 5.30 ko?)
    Monday 10 November: First round (BT Sport 1) - 7.30pm

Wednesday 19 November: First round replay (BT Sport 1) - 7.30pm

Interesting (I'd imagine those BT kick-off times could yet change depending on picks):

This is how the football line-up for that weekend is shaping up:

Saturday 8th November:

CH: Derby v Wolves (12:15pm - Sky)
    PL: Liverpool v Chelsea (12:45pm - BT)
    PL: QPR v Man City (5:30pm - Sky)
    FA Cup: TBC (5:30pm - BT)

Sunday 9th November:
    FA Cup: Final Score Special (8 games at 2pm with key action being shown as it happens - BBC One)
    PL: West Brom v Newcastle (1:30pm - Sky)
    PL: Swansea v Arsenal (4pm - Sky)

Monday 10th November:
    FA Cup: TBC (7:30pm - BT)

That leaves Friday night, Saturday lunchtime (if BBC game) or Sunday at around 12pm or 4pm to fit in another match. I'd expect the 2 current BT slots to both be used. The number of games on Sunday means MOTD2 will also be showing a significant amount of FA Cup highlights.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well no one is suggesting that would have happened. It all depends on the terms of the latest Premier League highlights contract, we don't know for sure whether there is a clause that the rights must be contained in their own distinct programme. Wasn't the case before but who knows, Premier League might have included it in the latest contracts we simply don't know to claim otherwise is simply just guess work.

Only just noticed this, but yes this exact thing was suggested that the Premier League write to the BBC.

I would have thought if the BBC were planning a separate highlights show just for the FA Cup they would have stated that specifically. As it is, and as mentioned before on this thread, a problem has been invented when none existed.