Options

Defragging Ubuntu WUBI taking ages:(

jayzee786jayzee786 Posts: 918
Forum Member
✭✭
I've been defragging my desktop computer which has ubuntu installed using WUBI but Defraggler is taking ages on the root.disk file which is 20GB (the same size as my ubuntu WUBI install) it's at 99%.

When I started defragging it said the hard drive was 25% Fragmented but at 99% it's still 24% Fragmented with only one file left to defragment (root.disk)

Comments

• Options
    chaos77chaos77 Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i would have thought the Wubi partition was ext4 and no defrag was needed, indeed, i don't think window can read linux partitions!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    chaos77 wrote: »
    i would have thought the Wubi partition was ext4 and no defrag was needed, indeed, i don't think window can read linux partitions!

That's correct if you are dual booting, but I'm not sure how it goes when you use WUBI. I would have still expected Ubuntu to use EXT4, and no defragging be either necessary or possible. :confused:
  • Options
    jayzee786jayzee786 Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ubuntu WUBI is installed inside Windows in a NTFS partition. So whichever defrag programme I use it reports the Ubuntu partition (root.disk) which is actually a file residing in C:\ubuntu\ and swap.disk in the same directory as fragmented.