Is Warehouse 13 any good?

marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,865
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm looking for a good new sci fi show to watch. I watched half the first episode of this when it first aired here and wasn't keen.

Is it actually good? I'm thinking of giving it another go.

Comments

• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    marieukxx wrote: »
    I'm looking for a good new sci fi show to watch. I watched half the first episode of this when it first aired here and wasn't keen.

It's all down to personal opinion but I rather liked it
  • marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is it still going?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    is it still going?

It was renewed for a 3rd Season in October
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    I like it as well, it definitely isn't deep and meaningful, but for a bit of lighthearted scifi fun it's quite good :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    *Eileen* wrote: »
    I like it as well, it definitely isn't deep and meaningful, but for a bit of lighthearted scifi fun it's quite good :)

Exactly, it something you watch while switching your brain off and all the better for it :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm looking for a good new sci fi show to watch.

Its more of a comedy show then Sci-fi but the only way to judge it is to try it.

If you prefer serious sci-fi you wont last 5 minutes with it :D
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    I saw the Xmas special of "Warehouse 13" and enjoyed it, especially the cameo from Judd Hirsch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can pick up the S1 box set from Amazon for £9.99 if you want to give it a try :)
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I love it. It's not hard Sci-Fi, but it's a great piece of lighthearted Sci-Fi comedy.
    is it still going?

Of course! :)

It gets excellent ratings for Syfy in the US, and returns next year for a third season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allison scagliotti....mmmm
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scott_P wrote: »
    allison scagliotti....mmmm

She is lovely, although I prefer Joanne Kelly.
  • Seymour CatSeymour Cat Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Warehouse 13 any good?

No. It's bilge.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just so there is some balance in this thread I have watched all of series one and 8 episodes Of series 2'and I can't be bothered to watch any more it's so boring. A little to light hearted if you ask me. I won't be watching no more
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    Just so there is some balance in this thread I have watched all of series one and 8 episodes Of series 2'and I can't be bothered to watch any more it's so boring. A little to light hearted if you ask me. I won't be watching no more

I agree with you but unfortunitly the general public like this sort of tosh. its not helping the likes of other sci fi shows as anything serious just gets cancelled or ir pending cancellation.

I gave up after season 2 episode 2 which was so bad I just couldn't take it anymore.
    Has to contain some of the worse acting on TV.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    I love it. It's not hard Sci-Fi, but it's a great piece of lighthearted Sci-Fi comedy.

Lighthearted yes, Sci-Fi no not in the least - its fantasy. The same Fantasy realm which Indian Jones occupied.
  • Lobelia OverhilLobelia Overhil Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, W13 is good
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's good fun. We do a back-to-back of W13 and then Fringe weeks they are both on. You get all your serious from the amazing Fringe and then have a smile on your face for the next hour during W13.

And yes, mmm Allison Scagliotti.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Warming wrote: »
    Lighthearted yes, Sci-Fi no not in the least - its fantasy. The same Fantasy realm which Indian Jones occupied.

Yeah but indiana jones was good....
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Tried to get into it, but couldn't.

To be fair, I only watched the first half of season one, and gave up, twice. Might have got better after that, but I can't be bothered to try again.

Wouldn't say that it's bad, just not for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah. I watched a sci-fi catch up weekend recently and watched 4 or 5 eps back to back. The fact fact that I got to 4 or 5 says it all I guess. Good lighthearted fun with a sprinkle of hot ladies.
  • TrollheartTrollheart Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    Yeah, watched a few episodes but totally lost interest, Very "by-the-numbers" with the dynamic between the two characters, little chemistry I found, totally silly stories and nothing really there to keep my interest and keep me watching, Think I watched 4/5 eps and then shelved it as a bad idea.

Thought it wanted to be the X-Files but was in no way as well written, sometimes funny but not in a way I could forgive when it was billed essentially as a new sci-fi show, not a new comedy.Then again, I didn't like Eureka either and I lost interest in Haven also. I did try to get into this but the final nail in the coffin was Saul bloody Rubinek, who I don't like.

Too lighthearted and lightweight for me, I'm afraid. Nothing new.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WH13, Eurika, haven, all the same sort of shows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where is it written that sci-fi HAS to be serious and dark??
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hate it - we watched 2 episodes and then gave up - got sick of hearing "Artie" about a million times.

Just like Haven - a show to miss imo
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good silly fun with the wit that is frequently lacking in Haven.
    It's not BSG but it's not Lost either, thank God.