Options

Charlotte Church

Comments

• Options
    oogiepoogiep Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    I tell people straight up. I like to tell it how it is and never hold back. :)
  • Options
    WoowookidWoowookid Posts: 7,367
    Forum Member
    oogiep wrote:
    Yes im extremely toned as I excercise on a regular basis and eat properly.

Ive been fat before and look back at myself with disgust, it was dark times when I was depressed. I now like to offer advice toover weight people and make them see the error of thier ways.

Toned you might be, and you might exercise, but you aren't perfect. Who is?

You like to 'offer advice' and make people see 'the error of their ways'?

How patronising of you. :p

BTW, well said Captain Von Trapp! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You seem to think a certain woman fits a certain size 8, size 8's or size 10's can come in all shapes and sizes. you can be a tall size 8 or a small size 8, but nevertheless still a size 8 and people who are size 8 or 10 can have different measurements but still be a size 8! :rolleyes:

Its all to do with people's build and height and frame. I, as a size 12 or 14 would look rather large for my frame and my height as I am quite small, so I would look rather rotund, but obviously my opinion.

Good point, but surely you can see that to have a huge a*se and be size 8 you must be about 2'4"!! It's comments like that which send average/chubby sized girls' hearts in to a tailspin, and makes them think about doing unhealthy things like starving themselves for a day or trying slimming pills, I know because I've done both of those things through mistakenly thinking that size 12 is fat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woowookid wrote:
    Toned you might be, and you might exercise, but you aren't perfect. Who is?

You like to 'offer advice' and make people see 'the error of their ways'?

How patronising of you. :p

BTW, well said Captain Von Trapp! :)

Why thank you Woowoo... I'm out there flying the flag for all us "fatties" :D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good point, but surely you can see that to have a huge a*se and be size 8 you must be about 2'4"!! It's comments like that which send average/chubby sized girls' hearts in to a tailspin, and makes them think about doing unhealthy things like starving themselves for a day or trying slimming pills, I know because I've done both of those things through mistakenly thinking that size 12 is fat.
    I am sorry but no, this is like saying I am responsible for some girls now who will go on and starve themselves because of my throwaway comment. I will not walk on egg shells around this issue and girls and be afraid to say that I think a size 12 for me personally is too big or other things like this. We all have our own idea of ‘perfection’ whatever that is anyways, but if someone wants to be a size 4 (lets forget this size zero thing because that’s just dramatic) then let them, that is their own problem. No one is responsible for the size 4 issue, its people’s insecurities. Some people want to be thin, like really thin, so they are. They talk themselves ill. I also don’t think its ‘comments like mine’ which make people do unhealthy things, we control ourselves and some people just cant control themselves properly. I do have a big ar$e for my build and frame – but so what? It may be smaller than what some of you lot consider big, but as I said all relative to what we know and view as ideal for ourselves.

People need to take responsibility for their own actions and stop blaming thin models or the media for all this crap.

Its so boring now...

weight issues *yawn*

please give us something else to chew on...
  • Options
    liamhereliamhere Posts: 2,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SHE LOOKS LIKE A HIPPO :)
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How dull is the 'Size Zero' argument these days? :sleep:

People are born with a certain body shape; for some a size 8 is perfectly normal, whilst others look better if they are slightly curvier.

I'm sick of hearing from those who think they have the right to dictate what an 'ideal' figure is.
  • Options
    liamhereliamhere Posts: 2,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote:
    How dull is the 'Size Zero' argument these days? :sleep:

People are born with a certain body shape; for some a size 8 is perfectly normal, whilst others look better if they are slightly curvier.

I'm sick of hearing from those who think they have the right to dictate what an 'ideal' figure is.

and some are just big boned :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    liamhere wrote:
    and some are just big boned :rolleyes:

It's all in the genes. :sleep:
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    My God she is turning into a Chav with that hair.

She was always a chav nothing new there.

For a 4 for months she's huge, no matter if she was fat, skinny whatever, before. It's almost hard to believe she's so young...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surely being healthy is more important than a small label inside your clothes?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do take responsibility for my own actions. I don't see the point in arguing anymore if you can't see that it's the media's fault that a size 4 is now considered acceptable, it never was before, but now because some paps take pictures of anorexics in Hollywood glammed up with an orange tan and a £2000 outfit, this is suddenly the desired size to be. First it was a 10, then Kate Moss appeared and everyone said she was too thin, then Jodie Kidd was too thin and Kate was now deemed acceptable, then Nicole Ritchie et al and everyone was saying isn't it shocking, Jodie was completely forgotten... where will it end? When I was young we didn't have magazines like Heat and Closer and OK, with pictures of skeletal bodies on the front proclaiming "Too fat!" or "Too thin!" so no one was obsessed with their weight, and we were all normal sized. the media's obsession has sparked off the public's one.

I take responsibility for my actions by realising I was a chump to be taken in by it all. I now eat pretty much what I want a few days a week, get a bit of exercise and am working at being content with my slightly chubby figure, because the other option is to work out like a dog, eat 1,300 calories a day and be approximately one stone lighter than I am. So not worth it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Actually, its if you are expecting a boy its all in the back and hips, if its a girl, its usually a neat and tidy bump at the front. FACT!
    Oh and to the poster who claimed size 6, 8 and 10 werent curvy - they are indeed, well they can be. I am size 8-10 and curvy and have bigger boobs than a lot of people who are bigger sizes and I have a huge ass too! Oh and yes my boobs are real. So I would get down off that high horse of yours.

If size 8-10's arent curvy, size 12-14's are podgy!

Nuff said.

Not fact, I had a boy and didnt put on weight anywhere but my small neat bump. My sis had a girl and was huge everywhere!!! Different women have different bodies, therefore different weight gain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I take responsibility for my actions by realising I was a chump to be taken in by it all. I now eat pretty much what I want a few days a week, get a bit of exercise and am working at being content with my slightly chubby figure, because the other option is to work out like a dog, eat 1,300 calories a day and be approximately one stone lighter than I am. So not worth it.

Exactly - it's better to be bigger and happy than thin and obsessive. I couldn't imagine life without occasional treats
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KittyKins wrote:
    Jeheeeezus - give the girl a break. She must only be a size 12 to 14 ish. I bet half of you lot are smuggling hams yourselves.

Lay off the girl - everyone's complaining about the whole size zero debate, and here's Charlotte Church - a healthy, average weight, and all anybody can do is pick at her for being 'fat', when she is BELOW the national average.

No wonder the girls of today are so paranoid about themselves.

Mmm... Maybe she's a size 12 if you're going by the Michelle McManus dress size guide book! That said, give the girl a break! If she wants to be a bit tubby and it dosn't bother her, fair enough! :D
  • Options
    nationwide232nationwide232 Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe people are criticizing charlotte . I don't think she is unhealthy - she's just having a baby. what would you prefer - her starving herself? If she is going to provide the baby with nourishment then she needs a bit of extra "padding". Anyway, I'm sure once the baby is due there will be a new fitness dvd out and she will be back to a weight that you people seem to require she be.
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    And while i'm on me soapbox, size 6, 8 and 10 are not bloody "curvy" I'm getting pretty sick of incredibly slim girls claiming to be "proud of their curves"... size 8? what bloody curves!

Oh no, not this argument again. Curvy means having noticeable difference between the size of the waist and the hips/bust. Therefore, of course a size 6 or 8 can be curvy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks fine to me.
  • Options
    Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nikster78 wrote:
    Not fact, I had a boy and didnt put on weight anywhere but my small neat bump. My sis had a girl and was huge everywhere!!! Different women have different bodies, therefore different weight gain.

Same here. When I was having my son I had a small neat bump at the front and barely any weight on anywhere else other than swollen ankles and hands from 7 months (pre-eclampsia). My sis-in-law has had two boys and had small neat bumps on the front and no extra weight gain, but had a girl in between and she was just huge and round around the middle, and got bigger pretty much everywhere yet she's only a little dot herself.
  • Options
    KittyKinsKittyKins Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spoilt Kid wrote:
    Mmm... Maybe she's a size 12 if you're going by the Michelle McManus dress size guide book! That said, give the girl a break! If she wants to be a bit tubby and it dosn't bother her, fair enough! :D
    And are you naive to think that the camera doesn't make somebody look bigger? It's a fact that any lens makes anybody look larger than what they are in real life.

We've all seen celebrities in real lives, and we always comment about how shocked we are at how 'tiny' they really are, or how much skinnier they are in the flesh.

I'd bet she's a 12 to 14.

So what if she's rounder than most? It's nobody else's business but herself. As long as she's healthy WHO CARES.
  • Options
    diddygirldiddygirl Posts: 4,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, its if you are expecting a boy its all in the back and hips, if its a girl, its usually a neat and tidy bump at the front. FACT!

Sorry to p*ss on your chips......that is an old wives tale. I've never met anyone who thats applied to.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, she may be expecting a girl, hence getting bigger all over, usually if you are having a girl you put weight on all over your body, if you are expecting a boy, you get the neat little bump thing going on. Fact! Probably :o

Old wives tale but it does seem to prove true time and time again and I should know...ex midwife! :D

So Charlotte Church doesn't conform to the size zero ideal people seem to think celebs ought to, I say bloody good on her. She is pregnant and she looks just fine to me. Fact, overskinny women often have complicated pregnancies, that is, if they can fall pregnant to begin with. To my trained eye Charlotte looks just fine and healthy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    oogiep wrote:
    Yes im extremely toned as I excercise on a regular basis and eat properly.

Ive been fat before and look back at myself with disgust, it was dark times when I was depressed. I now like to offer advice toover weight people and make them see the error of thier ways.

You are "Dr" Gillian McKeith AICMFP.

I'm "overweight" - please, please, explain to me the error of my ways. I don't eat a load of crap, get more than my 5 a day fruit and veg, walk to work and home again every day (6 miles in total), and yet I'm still a size 20/22. I'm sure I'd benefit from your not-at-all-patronising advice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charlotte Church? The size she is now she should be called Charlotte Cathedral!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charlotte Church? The size she is now she should be called Charlotte Cathedral!

:D
    :o

It's not really fair to be putting Charlotte out as a role model for the ideal figure at the moment - she is pregnant after all.