First Pic of Tennant & Davidson! Whoooo its actually Happening.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argh This Is Amazing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »

I'm even more excited by those pics, thank you!
    It looks from the Daily Star pic that PD isn't a hologram. Perhaps he just gets transported to DT's Tardis control room, much like Donna was at the start of last years xmas special. He has a look of shock in that picture, like he shouldn't really be there!
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    He's probably trying to find out what Doctor 10 has done to his console room . . . .
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    Well for a start this will be in the same ilk as the one the year before,and its been written by Steven Moffatt,so it will be better than some of the other ones.

but its surely going to be about 10 minutes long again isnt it?
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    Mulett wrote: »
    He's probably trying to find out what Doctor 10 has done to his console room . . . .

Yes, he can say what a mess !!!
  • tallordertallorder Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    Steven Moffat is the writer, so I'd suspect it'll be serious (ish).

Why do you say that:confused: The Moff has major comedy roots... Coupling, Joking Apart... as well as having penned Comic Relief's "The Curse of Fatal Death" a few years back.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you know what, In hindsight I wish that on the closing scene of the finale of the last series when the ship crashed through the Tardis, it showed Peter Davison there, in much the same way it did with Catherine Tate in the previous series.

Can you imagine the absolute shock from everyone?
    Absolutely nobody would have seen that coming. (Except the people who made it obviously).

The internet would have gone into meltdown.
  • MansunMansun Posts: 2,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garbage456 wrote: »
    I am glad you mentioned this people are connecting this with the Christmas episode, saying they are very excited, have they seen Comic Relief Etc sketches before, they are rubbish. The only one that was any good was on the year before that showed Rose talking to DT saying she didnt understand who he was.
    And this one will be exactly the same. All the others you're thinking of came from the era Pre-New Who. There's far too high a level of quality control applied to the DW brand these days to allow a silly irrelevant sketch like the Weakest Link one from 2003 to slip through.
    Listentome wrote: »
    Not to rain on anyone's parade here as I would love this year's CIN special to be part of the main continuity of DW. But it might not be. Just because the one they did between series 1 and the Christmas Invasion was part of the continuity, doesn't mean this one will be. I actually suspect it won't be, and will be just done for laughs
    I honestly can't see how anyone could come to that conclusion. There's absolutely nothing to suggest that this won't be the same as the previous one and be a perfectly straightforward drama set within the continuity of the series.
  • EaglestrikerEaglestriker Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is great!!!

For some reason I picture it to be of similar style to the first CT/DT scene in The Runaway Bride. Jokey, light-hearted but nonetheless part of the plot.
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Listentome wrote: »
    Not to rain on anyone's parade here as I would love this year's CIN special to be part of the main continuity of DW. But it might not be. Just because the one they did between series 1 and the Christmas Invasion was part of the continuity, doesn't mean this one will be. I actually suspect it won't be, and will be just done for laughs
    Since they'd have to explain how a version of the Doctor who has long since "died" looks 20 years older... yeah. I assume its not "continuity".

How did they get around this with that Five Doctors thing? I don't even recall? Did they even bother? I mean maybe they will be just as blase about it. Maybe it helped that three of the others were already such old coots when they played the role that they assumed nobody would notice (or care) about the difference.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kromm wrote: »
    Since they'd have to explain how a version of the Doctor who has long since "died" looks 20 years older... yeah. I assume its not "continuity".

How did they get around this with that Five Doctors thing? I don't even recall? Did they even bother? I mean maybe they will be just as blase about it. Maybe it helped that three of the others were already such old coots when they played the role that they assumed nobody would notice (or care) about the difference.

They just over-looked their change in appearance I think. Its the person inside that counts :):D
  • The SlugThe Slug Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know what, In hindsight I wish that on the closing scene of the finale of the last series when the ship crashed through the Tardis, it showed Peter Davison there, in much the same way it did with Catherine Tate in the previous series.

Can you imagine the absolute shock from everyone?
    Absolutely nobody would have seen that coming. (Except the people who made it obviously).

The internet would have gone into meltdown.
    You're not wrong. :)

I can imagine PD looking through a porthole saying something like "Excuse me, I'm going to need a little help!" :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Slug wrote: »
    You're not wrong. :)

I can imagine PD looking through a porthole saying something like "Excuse me, I'm going to need a little help!" :eek:

Followed by one final "What?!" from DT :D

I think the hologram theory has pretty much gone out the window, after looking at the pic from the Daily Star that JCR provided. He has too much personality for a hologram methinks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kromm wrote: »

That was pretty much it, yeah. There was a different actor playing the first Doctor, and Troughton and Pertwee were already middle-aged when they first played the role, so looking about a decade or so older didn't make much difference.

Plus Troughton and Fraser Hines were about 15 years older when they returned for 'The Two Doctors' and nobody says that's not "in continuity" so the same should apply to the CIN special.
    I think the hologram theory has pretty much gone out the window, after looking at the pic from the Daily Star that JCR provided. He has too much personality for a hologram methinks.
    It's a publicity photo, not a shot from the story itself. Even so, why couldn't a hologram be programmed with a degree of personality? Eccleston's one seemed to have one when it talked to Rose and turned to face her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mansun wrote: »
    It's a publicity photo, not a shot from the story itself. Even so, why couldn't a hologram be programmed with a degree of personality? Eccleston's one seemed to have one when it talked to Rose and turned to face her.

But Eccleston never actually went up to Rose's face like Davison does to DT in that pic (presuming he is a hologram), and I'm pretty sure it isn't a publicity shot.

Lets wait and see :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    :) Glad to see that flabloid story that Davidson was going to wear McCoys outfit is untrue.
    I wonder if there will be any other surprises in the CIN episode, such as a voice of another Doctor or maybe images of previous Doctors maybe? Can't wait for CIN!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Eccleston never actually went up to Rose's face like Davison does to DT in that pic (presuming he is a hologram), and I'm pretty sure it isn't a publicity shot.

Lets wait and see :)
    Well...both pictures are against a blank white background and in the BBC pic they're both looking straight at the camera, while in The Sun photo they're doing the classic 'back-to back' pose (as Davison often did with Anthony Ainley) and Tennant is still looking at the camera.

They couldn't look anything more like publicity photos to me!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mansun wrote: »
    Well...both pictures are against a blank white background and in the BBC pic they're both looking straight at the camera, while in The Sun photo they're doing the classic 'back-to back' pose (as Davison often did with Anthony Ainley) and Tennant is still looking at the camera.

They couldn't look anything more like publicity photos to me!:D

Ooooooh now I know where we're misunderstanding eachother!! I meant the Daily Star pic - here's a copy of the link http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/emtiem/cinStar_sml.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whaaat i'm in heaven! PD and DT look great together and knowing PD comic touch, this should knock the spots of the previous CiN outing. I bet within minutes of this airing this will be on YouTube, either via the BBC or by another party. how long again is it til CiN, I can see these two being on the Radio Times cover quite easily.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooooooh now I know where we're misunderstanding eachother!! I meant the Daily Star pic - here's a copy of the link http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/emtiem/cinStar_sml.jpg
    Oh, that's interesting. Hadn't seen that one. If that is a clip from the story then I wish they'd at least let Davison put his hat on to conceal his thinning hair!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its a shame this isnt the xmas special instead! That would of been amazing!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the bbc:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/news/drwho/2007/10/21/50016.shtml

and from the sun:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article369972.ece

Very excited about this. Episode is called "Time Crash".

:D:D:D:D - Just reaslise I have spelt Peters name wrong! Think its because i work with a Peter Davidson!
    At least you've got an excuse. The Sun made the same mistake!

I just hope Terry Wogan can keep his trousers in order on the night of CiN (what with all the excitement), don't want any more wardrobe malfunctions with all the kiddies watching ....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's hope it's a bit less serious than the last time the two actors were on screen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2a4UCI5eP0
    A strange clip but PD and DT don't interact until about 5mins30secs in!
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's hope it's a bit less serious than the last time the two actors were on screen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2a4UCI5eP0
    A strange clip but PD and DT don't interact until about 5mins30secs in!
    Here's a quick screengrab from that particular moment taken from that YouTube clip.

(I spent a few mins correcting the aspect ratio, and brightening the colours up a bit!)