Options

Do you believe in Angels?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 777
Forum Member
✭✭
Do you believe in the existence of Angels? The spiritual supernatural beings found in Christianity, Judaism and Islam? Do you believe we each have a guardian Angel? Do you believe you had contact with an angel? There are people who believe some Angels are now on earth in human bodies, do you think it's possible? Wouldn't it be the most beautiful thing to believe Angels exist???

Comments

• Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes Angels are portrayed as quite cold and emotionless beings rather than protectors. I don't believe in them to be honest. There does seem to be a glut of angel books and figurines and charms etc at the moment.

The idea of a guardian angel is nice though.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    The ones in Doctor Who were evil and scary. I want to think happy thoughts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have any of you ever seen this movie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j42ApkIIdNc
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well if it means anything, my mum told me of an incident a few years ago that took place when I was a 7.

Basically my father caused a lot of pain and was at this point likely to go to jail. It was on top of my mum and she made her way home from my grandparents. As she passed our local church, she broke down and cried. Then a guy came up to her and identified himself as Michael (also the name of my eldest brother) and asked my mum if it she was ok. My mum said she wasn't and explained everything and Michael listened. Finally he put a comforting hand on her shoulder and told her everything was going to be all right.

They walked for a bit as my mum gathered some strength, mym mum turend around to thank him but he was gone and given the location and the area, it was highlu unlikely he just ducked in somewhere.

That's a true story.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    It's a Hollywood blockbuster in the making!
  • Options
    PretinamaPretinama Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Nope. I think that it's all a little too convenient...
  • Options
    Arcane2Arcane2 Posts: 13,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I have a guardian angel, they are doing a bloody awful job.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Do you believe in the existence of Angels? The spiritual supernatural beings found in Christianity, Judaism and Islam? Do you believe we each have a guardian Angel? Do you believe you had contact with an angel? There are people who believe some Angels are now on earth in human bodies, do you think it's possible? Wouldn't it be the most beautiful thing to believe Angels exist???
    no i think it`s utter carp.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an absurd concept!
  • Options
    Master LogicMaster Logic Posts: 1,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No of course not. There is no god, angels, heaven, hell, ghosts, mediums, fortune tellers, and any other such nonsense.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Next question?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only if they give me money. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i believe in them. You cant see the wind but it exists.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    biskit wrote: »

You have at least five senses. Is the wind detectable by any of them other than sight? Hmm?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do blind people know its windy then ?
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    How do blind people know its windy then ?
    they can feel it?
    are you saying you can feel angels?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,019
    Forum Member
    No, but I believe in Angles. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member

I need something a little more tangible than that weak argument before I accept the existence of these divine beings. The wind is a force which can be recreated, tested and proved beyond doubt, Angels are pure fiction and just another example of how ego-centric humans are. People like to think the are so important they have these divine beings looking out for themselves. The only proof for their existence are the usual anecdotes and personal testimonies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe in Abba.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am very sceptical & analysed everything untill a few years ago. I stick by what i believe in. People get comfort in many ways. Whatever posts people put up with their views agreeing with the topic , there will always be posts from people who will put them down without respecting that everybody is an individual &diverse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Splinter-Z wrote: »
    No, but I believe in Angles. ;)

Stop being obtuse!! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its all down to our own personal opinions, and its no good trying to convince someone else that they exists or don't. For me personally I do believe we all have a guardian angel, I have heard relatives talk about them when close to death, but its no good me trying to convince you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    I am very sceptical & analysed everything untill a few years ago. I stick by what i believe in. People get comfort in many ways. Whatever posts people put up with their views agreeing with the topic , there will always be posts from people who will put them down without respecting that everybody is an individual &diverse.

What? if someone posts an absurd idea were not supposed to contradict it in case we hurt their feelings?

People have been using that trump card to peddle their delusions for for too long.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spirits, maybe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if you believe in angels do you believe in demons?

I believe in merpeople, no, really I do, it's as reasonable as angels. There's lots of stories about them in Scotland.