Options

Super Mario 3D Land & Mario Kart 7 3D

Comments

• Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got my copy of Mario Kart 7 3DS from Tesco today for £29.90... Can't wait to play it later tonight :)
  • Options
    MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got Nintendo Staff MK7 Ghost Data via Spotpass today.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    Mario Kart 7 Digital Spy community: 47-7127-9187-7167
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is hell. I have the 3DS, Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 just sitting there and I can't play them for another 20 days.... :mad::mad:
  • Options
    Scottish_girlScottish_girl Posts: 5,786
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    This is hell. I have the 3DS, Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 just sitting there and I can't play them for another 20 days.... :mad::mad:

I'm the same with Mario kart 7! Suppose I should play Mario 3D land to keep me going!
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    It really sucks seeing everyone enjoy Mario Kart. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One thing I've noticed - the Miis of the people you race with online end up in the Mii Plaza - as though you've Streetpassed them. They can then be used to fight monsters in the new Streetpass Quest game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought it time to bump this thread as a more people will be playing this soon.

Overall, I really like the tracks and the online functionality - the only slight downer is that the 3D is weak - not as good as Ridge Racer, for example (the only other racing game I've played.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am NOW the proud owner of Mario Kart 7 thanks to an early Christmas pressie and bugging the hell out of my girlfriend for it! :) See you on the track guys, from what I've played so far it's maybe even the best Mario Kart I've payed. Can't wait to see what it's like online.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've really been enjoying playing this! Not been playing too much online as I need to practice a little bit first.

These are only my early impressions but I'm quite surprised how much it's like Mario Kart Wii, the blue shells are still here and still unavoidable (for me) so I'm surprised to not see so many people complaining about them. I'm not sure if it's as random online as Mario Kart Wii but I would imagine so from what I've played.

I love the new handling system, the controls are pretty much perfect, the upgradable parts and customisation before races is a nice touch. I love the track selection too, there's so many!

Where are the options?? there are NONE.

Graphics are great, very simialr to Mario Kart Wii but in 3D, 60 fps means it's very smooth at all times. Very good game so far, it makes Super Circuit play like crap :( Very addictive.

edit: Forgot to say, Really happy they included SNES Rainbow Road complete with the original theme music! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just escaped my first blue shell! ;)
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just escaped my first blue shell! ;)

Can't wait to pick this up! Fair chance i might even complete it too lol :D
  • Options
    _radioamerica_radioamerica Posts: 4,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished the first world :D weeeeee loving this.
  • Options
    Scottish_girlScottish_girl Posts: 5,786
    Forum Member
    Just got Mario Kart! Woohoo!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just played Mario Kart 7, 20 minutes for a first go. Early impressions are very good!:D

Won the Mushroom Cup and there are some very good fun maps in there.

I love the driver view camera and the bottom screen contains the current placings, what items the other drivers are holding and a realtime 2D map so you can see just how far ahead you are. Brilliant and I can't wait to play more. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    I love Mario Kart 7, I really do, but I always get communication errors when I try and play it upstairs. This morning, it wouldn't even connect at all and just kept giving me error codes. When I play downstairs, it's fine. It's no coincidence that this is where the router is.

Anyone have any ideas as it's really annoying me?
  • Options
    chriswyattchriswyatt Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Change channels on your router? Maybe you might get better performance with a different channel, there are utilities you can get to check what other channels are being used by nearby routers in your neighbourhood, you get better performance if you use one that's not being used by a neighbour.

Other than that the only thing I can think of is getting some kind of wireless bridge or repeater. This is a Homeplug that has integrated Wi-Fi, it acts as a Wireless bridge, but it's not cheap at £90:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Devolo-1409-dLAN-Wireless-N-Starter/dp/B00472MMC6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325168021&sr=8-1

If you have an old wireless router hanging around you could hook it up to this Homeplug / run an Ethernet cable upstairs, otherwise you could get a cheap access point, this one's £18:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-WA701ND-150Mbps-Wireless-Access/dp/B002YETVVE/ref=pd_cp_computers_1

These Homeplugs are quite reasonable at £35.99 for a pair:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-PA211KIT-200Mbps-Powerline-Ethernet/dp/B004INVKP4/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1325168105&sr=1-3

Cheapest solution would probably be to get a wireless range extender, this one's £25:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-WA730RE-150MBPS-Wireless-Extender/dp/B003UZFSDG/ref=tag_stp_s2_edpp_url

If you have other connected devices I do recommend Homeplugs though, I've got all my devices hooked up to an Ethernet switch and a Homeplug, and you do get a more stable connection than Wi-Fi.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm playing 3D land and its ARGH HARD.

I'm up to S4-2, thought it was really cheap how it gave you a P wing thing if you kept messing up in normal levels, no such pleasantries in S world.

went through over FIFTY lives on one level, the one where blocks appear/disappear with a kraftwerk noise. when I finally did it I got all 3 coins like a zen master.
  • Options
    _radioamerica_radioamerica Posts: 4,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm doing the special lands too. Oh my god they're so hard. Thankfully I have a lot of lives. I can't see myself getting very far on the special lands
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking for some tips for Mario Kart!

I've had it a while now, and getting a bit frustrated. I've got 3 stars on the 50cc cups, and the same for 100cc except I can only get 2 stars on the mushroom and shell cups for some reason, despite coming first. Doing abysmally on the 150cc cups.

And don't get me started with online playing! Fed up of getting my ar$e kicked on a daily basis by those pesky Japanese players who seem to get miles ahead everytime!! :D

Anyone have any suggestions for a good Kart + wheels combo? I think that might be the problem, I just don't know what Kart to use with what wheels. Does it make a difference with what character you use?

Also how do you get different gliders? I still only have the one I started with.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a glider by winning one of the cups in 50cc. I think there's 1 more to get.

I can't wait to get to the infuriating torture that is the 150cc races. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got Mario Land 3DS :D

I think that completes the must have games for my collection :)
  • Options
    epsomepsom Posts: 4,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a heads up for people. Prima have published one of their excellent guides to Super Mario 3DS Land, but it is very difficult to get hold off. Online booksellers like Amazon don't have it. Anyway the only place you can get copies is ebay, from where I have bought a copy.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have almost completed Mario 3D Land. I have finished all the levels in 1-8 and S1-S8 and collected all the star coins, and am now going back to make sure I have the fastest time possible for finishing each level and that both Mario and Luigi have both completed each level and that I have the golden flag for each level for hitting the top of the flagpole.

Any time I died several times on one level I did not hit the box it gave me as a helping hand, but I fear that the fact it even had to appear means I cannot get the 5 sparkling stars on the file select screen. I have 5 normal stars but another file my friend was playing only has 4 stars but they are sparkling. Unless he has done something I have not yet, but I have no idea what that could be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    epsom wrote: »
    Just a heads up for people. Prima have published one of their excellent guides to Super Mario 3DS Land, but it is very difficult to get hold off. Online booksellers like Amazon don't have it. Anyway the only place you can get copies is ebay, from where I have bought a copy.

I didn't even know, thanks for that I wouldn't mind picking up a copy.