Forum Member
✭✭
thats good value please!!! thanks

Comments

• Options
    Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A 1 day tour from Marrakech or in Marrakech? If you're in Marrakech, don't bother paying someone for a tour of the zouk: you'll find all you need in a tour book, without the side trip to his brother's carpet shop. Afternoon mint tea above the square is a must, but avoid the henna artists with syringes, and the monkey touts. My youngest's best day was spent in a kitchen, learning authentic Moroccan cooking.
  • Options
    Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really what you want as far as advice goes, but just seeing the word Marrakech reminded of one night that I spent there in the 80s.
    It was late December and quite cold, a Moroccan guy offered to sleep outside my hotel bedroom door as a draught excluder for 10 dirhams!
    On a more serious note, don't try to argue with touts in English, they know they'll always win if you do.
    Try it in French, "Allez vous faire foutre!", (Go f**k yourself), Mind you, that's a bit strong, perhaps "Laissez-moi tranquille", (leave me alone, or in peace), might work better.
    They are a dab hand at most languages, but if you know anything exotic it will screw with their minds.
    I once hit a bunch of them with a stream of Polish and they melted like snow in the sun.
  • Options
    Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    Didn't your last thread on this give you inspiration?

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1874980&highlight=
  • Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mizhog wrote: »
    thats good value please!!! thanks
    I was there in November. Had some very enjoyable days out on golf courses :)