Options

I think Mark is totally playing Christopher

CheekyhooCheekyhoo Posts: 146
Forum Member
Not so much for the cameras or for the show, or for the other housemates, but...

Mark absolutely needs someone there for him whenever he wants them - He did it with Matthew and now he's doing it with Christopher.

When he was in the storeroom, he beckoned Christopher in then within minutes he sid he was bored and walked out. Then under the covers, he looked to make the move to kiss Christopher under the pillow, then basically said he couldn't do it and immediately turned his back on him. He would've kicked him out of bed if he could.

I think Mark judges people on what they can do for him and I think he likes men to be mild and unconfrontational - I don't think he gives much back.

Comments

• Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    I think Mark is using him as well but i hope to be wrong.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    Yeah but Helen said Mark doesn't show affection so for him to show he likes Christopher must be the real deal or something like that, I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt but he does pick on him a lot and blow hot and cold, it might be his personality but it's a bit immature, I personally think Christopher could do a lot better
  • Options
    ~V~~V~ Posts: 17,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you are right. The last think Mark needs or wants is a relationship

However, I do believe Christopher is smarter than he purports
  • Options
    jeannie26jeannie26 Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ditto but I think Christopher has now got the message. I hope
  • Options
    CheekyhooCheekyhoo Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    moleymo wrote: »
    I personally think Christopher could do a lot better

I think so too - I got a bit of a Christopher crush - its about how decent I think someone is and sincere and I think he has it in spades.
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope he does like him!
  • Options
    FoxyRoxiFoxyRoxi Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It made a nice change from the terrible twosome at least they are not shoving it in housemates faces or us, maybe bb have got the message we don't want Steve and Kimberly shoved down our throats. I would love it to be Kimberly go tomorrow just to watch Steve's reaction especially if they don't tell them the nominated housemate is evicted there and then, I think if Mark was doing it for showmance he would do it more openly, a few stolen kisses is not much when put next to other goings on. Steve would go into melt down wondering what she was doing on the outside if Kim left, it would make for some very disturbing scenes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jeannie26 wrote: »
    Ditto but I think Christopher has now got the message. I hope

:)I hope so too. I really like Christopher.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but you won't get a single negative comment about it on BOTS.
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Yes, but you won't get a single negative comment about it on BOTS.

Of course not in fact they will probably try to make out Christopher uses Mark because Mark is always innocent according to them on there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christopher is as gay as a box of frogs. Mark is as gay as a bag of spanners. It will never work.
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheekyhoo wrote: »
    I think so too - I got a bit of a Christopher crush - its about how decent I think someone is and sincere and I think he has it in spades.

Same here. I think Christopher is the only nice decent normal person in there and I would love him to win.
  • Options
    Prof_MattProf_Matt Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Sylvia wrote: »
    Same here. I think Christopher is the only nice decent normal person in there and I would love him to win.

Agreed. At first I thought the Christopher/Mark thing was really cute, but I'm seeing a side of Mark I really don't like. Christopher seems wholly without malice. I think he's my pick to win.
  • Options
    GrandmotherGrandmother Posts: 2,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conehead wrote: »
    Christopher is as gay as a box of frogs. Mark is as gay as a bag of spanners. It will never work.

Until this week, I hadn't realised Christopher actually was gay. I just figured he was a bit camp. Whatever, if he's in two minds about his sexuality, a torrid, live on telly assignation with a petulant, attention-seeking tw*t like Mark is likely to put him off guys for the forseeable future. So in a way, Mark might be doing him a favour.

I'm hoping Christopher won't end up following Mark round the house with wounded, puppydog eyes, but I wouldn't bet a fiver against that happening either
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Sylvia wrote: »

I love Christopher too. I'm worried for him though. Don't think it's genuine on Marks part but I hope I'm wrong.

I rather liked Christopher as a Lone Ranger ...........up against everyone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one saw it coming, no one noticed any attraction, so most are baffled by it :o

I personally think it wants a companion and just had a drunken kiss or something, I actually don't know but it doesn't come across as real, I could be wrong :o
  • Options
    momoriromomoriro Posts: 2,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just an innocent flirtation while in the house, good luck too them!
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they're chalk and cheese.

They're like two gays washed ashore upon a desert island. Horny and looking for a bit.
  • Options
    SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    I like Christopher but can't take to Mark, I think Mark is a user and would do just about anything for attention. I just hope Christopher will catch on to Marks game playing...
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark does seem to have constant need for a sidekick.

It's possible he is attracted to Christopher, but doesn't want a romance to get in the way of the winning formula of having a sidekick.

Brian had Narinder
    Kate had Jonny
    Nadia had Marco
    Brian had Samanda
    Rachel had Kat
    Sophie had Rodrigo
    Aaron had Mark (then Tom and sometimes Alex)
    Sam had Gina

It's a winning formula.
    Only 4 romancers have won.

Eta: all winners tend to have a Bessie mate but I'm thinking if sidekick as someone to bounce off, play jokes on without repercussions, have pretendy spats with etc. Brian was also good at this formula hence Nikki in UBB!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Agree with the OP.
    I don't think Christopther minds Mark being hot and cold, they are all so bored in the house, it's such a very, very boring house.
  • Options
    SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    BMLisa wrote: »
    Mark does seem to have constant need for a sidekick.

It's possible he is attracted to Christopher, but doesn't want a romance to get in the way of the winning formula of having a sidekick.

Brian had Narinder
    Kate had Jonny
    Nadia had Marco
    Brian had Samanda
    Rachel had Kat
    Sophie had Rodrigo
    Aaron had Mark (then Tom and sometimes Alex)
    Sam had Gina

It's a winning formula.
    Only 4 romancers have won.

Eta: all winners tend to have a Bessie mate but I'm thinking if sidekick as someone to bounce off, play jokes on without repercussions, have pretendy spats with etc. Brian was also good at this formula hence Nikki in UBB!

Well spotted, he really is playing it by the book, fingers crossed his well worked out plan don't work......
  • Options
    chalkmarkschalkmarks Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christopher seems very confident when he is dealing with Mark and I am surprised at the strengths he has shown when dealing with people and holding his ground.

I never liked Mark on Shipwrecked. He has developed more character and comedy since then.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Seymour wrote: »
    I like Christopher but can't take to Mark, I think Mark is a user and would do just about anything for attention. I just hope Christopher will catch on to Marks game playing...
    Thank you - that's precisely what I was going to say.
  • Options
    TreewatcherTreewatcher Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think that Mark likes him but is pretending to play 'hard to get' to make him seem more exciting. I think Mark had a bigger crush on Matthew though and Christmas is his 2nd choice.